Monkey Rok 4.1 - Updated 17/08/2009

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

kirin

Re: Monkey Rok 4.0 [MM2+3]

Post by kirin » Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:31 am

The image above seems to be broken... heres the link

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_Dcj-8bbNg-s/SiUFa ... apture.JPG

xtaticace

Re: Disabling ActiveX warning in Windows 7

Post by xtaticace » Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:28 am

Eyal wrote:To make it work for Windows 7: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =7&t=40066
Thanks Eyal that worked. MM is back to normal.

trixmoto

Post by trixmoto » Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:17 am

This is what MM looks like in Now Playing mode if there is no track in the player. I assume you are actually playing a track and it's in your library?
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.

dypsis

MonkeyRok In Other Players

Post by dypsis » Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:21 am

I love MonkeyRok. Great work. :)

It got me thinking. Does any other Windows player have a feature like this? :roll:

kirin

Post by kirin » Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:44 am

trixmoto wrote:This is what MM looks like in Now Playing mode if there is no track in the player. I assume you are actually playing a track and it's in your library?
Ok, well I feel kinda silly now. Of course I was playing a track, but I realized now that the tracks I tried were not in my library. Actually I usually used the location node when playing tracks instead of going through the library. So now that I have set up my library and play tracks through that, Monkey Rok is working and displaying correctly.
Sorry for the trouble, and thank you very much for all the people who tried to help me :)

dypsis

Re: ActiveX Popup

Post by dypsis » Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:42 am

dypsis wrote:
xtaticace wrote:Does anyone here know how to disable the active x warnings for windows 7. I have tried changing the IE 8 settings as mentioned somewhere and changing the registry keys doesn't help either since 7 handles them slightly differently (i.e. zone 0 doesn't have 1201 key under it). I tried changing 1201 under different zones but that didn't help either.
Did you find an answer to this?
Seems not. :(

paulmt

Re: ActiveX Popup

Post by paulmt » Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:07 pm

dypsis wrote:
dypsis wrote:
xtaticace wrote:Does anyone here know how to disable the active x warnings for windows 7. I have tried changing the IE 8 settings as mentioned somewhere and changing the registry keys doesn't help either since 7 handles them slightly differently (i.e. zone 0 doesn't have 1201 key under it). I tried changing 1201 under different zones but that didn't help either.
Did you find an answer to this?
Seems not. :(
But this was posted 2 or 3 posts earlier?

Win7 ActiveX Fix
MediaMonkey 3.2.4.1304 Gold Lifetime
Hardware: Intel Core 2 Quad 3.33GHz, 8Gb Ram, 2tB Internal Storage, 2tB External Storage (USB & eSATA)
Software: Windows 7 Ultimate x64, FireFox v3.6.x, ThunderBird v3 x64, MailWasher Pro v6.5, Kaspersky Internet Security 2010
Backups by Karens Replicator v3.5.12,

ambrose

Post by ambrose » Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:51 am

Hi, I was just wondering whether it is is possible to customize this script so it only shows Albums by 'whoever is currently playing'. Eg albums by metallica.
If not does anyone know of any script out there which has a dockable panel showing albums from the same artist in 'now playing'.
Thanks

Eyal

Post by Eyal » Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:40 pm

ambrose wrote:Hi, I was just wondering whether it is is possible to customize this script so it only shows Albums by 'whoever is currently playing'.
Right-click the top panel's header, choose "Now Playing".
Skins for MediaMonkey: Cafe, Carbon, Helium, Spotify, Zekton. [ Wiki Zone ].

Cyarron

Post by Cyarron » Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:38 am

I understand that it is not possible (nor would it be easy to implement) the ability for the layout to respond to different library filters but is it possible for certain text preceding a <field> to only appear if that value is present in the file's metadata? So if there is no Conductor tag then MonkeyRok will now create a new <br> followed by "Composer: <composer>"

Also, I would really appreciate a <involved people> field. The ID3 standards for displaying info in that field is to put the instrument or capacity in which the person was involved (e.g. Trumpet) followed by a ";" and then the person's name. Wash, rinse, repeat until done.

I REALLY love this script. I thought at first that it would have "too much" functionality and be annoyingly large and overly involved (I was thinking that I wanted something far more simplistic) but after I saw the really clean and classy implementation as well as all the awesome features, I am completely sold!

GREAT WORK!

Eyal

Post by Eyal » Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:15 pm

Cyarron wrote: is it possible for certain text preceding a <field> to only appear if that value is present in the file's metadata? So if there is no Conductor tag then MonkeyRok will now create a new <br> followed by "Composer: <composer>"
I did something like that for myself, two years ago.

To achieve that, you must edit Function.vbs (in MediaMonkey\Scripts\MonkeyRok). All fields mapping begins at line 350.
You must replace each of them with conditional statements.

For example, instead of:

Code: Select all

str = Replace(str,Translate("<OrigArtist>"),MapXML(cursong.OriginalArtist))
Replace with:

If InStr(str,"<OrigArtist>") <> 0 Then
        If cursong.OriginalArtist <> "" Then
          str = Replace(str,"<OrigArtist>","<br>Orig artist: " & cursong.OriginalArtist)
        End If
      End If
I hope it helps you.

Eyal

Cyarron

Post by Cyarron » Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:49 pm

AWESOME! That was exactly what I was looking for. There is one issue that is bugging me though. I've searched through this thread and found that it was mentioned but never resolved. I created an if/else statement to show the original year and the year that my recording was made unless the original year field is blank. It works fine when there is something in both fields but when the original year field is empty, instead of defaulting to the Else section of the code, it posts "Released in -1 and re-released in [year]"

As I mentioned before, someone else complained about the original year field showing "-1" when the field was empty but no one ever said if it was somehow resolved.

If InStr(str,"<OrigYear>") <> 0 Then
        If cursong.OriginalYear <> "" Then
          str = Replace(str,"<OrigYear>","<br>Released in: " & cursong.OriginalYear & " and re-released in " & cursong.Year)
	Else
	  str = Replace(str,"<OrigYear>","<br>Released in: " & cursong.Year)
        End If
      End If
any ideas?

Eyal

Post by Eyal » Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:34 pm

Maybe because Year fields were numeric data before (MM 2.5) and they changed them in 3.x to alphanumeric to allow complete date format ex. YYYY-MM-DD or any other data.

Maybe you should try:

If InStr(str,"<OrigYear>") <> -1 Then

cnledmart

Post by cnledmart » Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:21 am

good work :D
Energy saving solution here:industrial lightingandindustrial lighting fixtures,need your most requirements!

Cyarron

Post by Cyarron » Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:50 am

Good guess, but that didn't fix it. I do have a question though, if the database field is the problem, shouldn't we be changing the

If cursong.OriginalYear <> "" Then
instead of the

If InStr(str,"<OrigYear>") <> 0 Then
If I understand it right (and I probably don't), the <OrigYear> "field" is just a variable created to initiate the if/then statement and the cursong.OriginalYear is the thing that is outputting the actual info (either the -1 or the proper date).

*update* Yep. Just checked it and it worked. I replaced the 2nd If argument (1st in this post) with

If cursong.OriginalYear <> -1 Then