Monkey Rok 4.1 - Updated 17/08/2009

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

rrfpacker

Re: Monkey Rok 4.1 [MM2+3]

Post by rrfpacker »

I thought third party meant something not specifically designed for MM. I really like MR and have enjoyed flawless performance with it since I began to use MM over a year ago. I found it strange that all of a sudden it would stop functioning.

I am not as technically literate as most on the forum, so I wanted to make sure I understood what Nyn meant and what to do to fix this. Copying the skin.html from the animated folder to the affected MR skins, as Nyn suggested, has worked for some skins, not for others, so I guess now I look to you so see what to do.

I'm also not sure if using the animated skin.html for all skins is the right thing to do, as not all skins are animated. Does that seem correct?

Thanks for a wonderful script.
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

Which ones still do not work for you?
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
rrfpacker

Post by rrfpacker »

Gotta love MM. I copy/pasted about 10 skin.html files into non working skins, some worked some didn't. Then I decided to recheck some of the ones that had not worked, such as Noir, Songbird, and Eclipse. They work!!! And I didn't do anything to them.

However, the Spotify, Carbon, and Zekton skins still did not work. I have since reinstalled the Spotify and they are now working. So I think my next move may just be reinstalling the Carbon and Zekton skins, as replacing the skin.html has not worked.

A weird side note. All Carbon skins work after copying the skin.html except Carbon and Carbon Aqua. All Zekton skins work except Black and Red Currant. Hmmmmm.
ninexgood

Post by ninexgood »

I love the monkey rok script but it doesn't work anymore? Getting a connection error screen on startup! how do I uninstall and reinstall without uninstalling mediamonkey altogether?
Eyal

Post by Eyal »

ninexgood wrote:I love the monkey rok script but it doesn't work anymore? Getting a connection error screen on startup! how do I uninstall and reinstall without uninstalling mediamonkey altogether?
Tools|Extensions -> Select the script -> Uninstall
Skins for MediaMonkey: Cafe, Carbon, Helium, Spotify, Zekton. [ Wiki Zone ].
ninexgood

Post by ninexgood »

Eyal wrote:
ninexgood wrote:I love the monkey rok script but it doesn't work anymore? Getting a connection error screen on startup! how do I uninstall and reinstall without uninstalling mediamonkey altogether?
Tools|Extensions -> Select the script -> Uninstall
That was too easy! Thanks
rrfpacker

Post by rrfpacker »

Well, I'm back to numerous skins not working, just like earlier this week. Reinstalling and copying the skin.html is not correcting the problem. Kind of weird behaviour. Only reposting in case anyone has another idea to try.
Eyal

Post by Eyal »

I don't think it's a skin problem because they were working before and it affects more than one skin.
Mybe you should reinstall MR ?
Skins for MediaMonkey: Cafe, Carbon, Helium, Spotify, Zekton. [ Wiki Zone ].
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

What scripts do you have installed, maybe it's a script conflict?
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
rrfpacker

Post by rrfpacker »

I have lots and lots of scripts, I've been adding them for the past year as I learn about them. I'm sure you don't want a list.

What baffles me is that everything was working just fine and I had not added any new scripts.

The only thing I did was try the Favourite Node script again. I had tried before on a different operating system and couldn't get it to work. All I did was eliminate the .off part of the extension. Still can't get Favourite Node to work so I'm going to uninstall it. Not sure if there is a connection.

A quick, random check of MR skins reveals I'm back to where I was a couple of days ago; some work, most don't.

I guess I'll uninstall/reinstall MR and see if that helps.
snowsm

Post by snowsm »

I have noticed anytime that I advance my now playing track to an artist with an apostrophe in their name, Monkey Rok freezes up and locks Media Monkey. Anyone have this same problem or advice?
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

This is a known issue which will be fixed in the next version, or you can fix it yourself in the mean time...
trixmoto wrote:@Aidan - ooops, this means I forgot to fix the artist name in sql, so line 175...

Code: Select all

sql = "SELECT Id FROM Artists WHERE Artist='"&exc&"'"
...should be...

sql = "SELECT Id FROM Artists WHERE Artist='"&fixsql(exc)&"'"
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
dypsis

Post by dypsis »

I created my own "best of" album from an artist.
I took the tracks from various albums of that artist.
I created a name for that album.
For each track, I used the artwork from whatever album that track came from.

The problem with MonkeyRok is that it keeps displaying the artwork from the first track (I think that is what's happening).
I have checked that artwork tagging is correct. MediaMonkey displays the artwork for all tracks correctly.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Well this isn't technically a bug because it's how the script is designed to work. It's a caching mechanism that assumes the artwork is the for all track within the same album, in an attempt to improve performance. I will add an option in the next version to disable this caching.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Saiyavenger

Post by Saiyavenger »

trixmoto wrote:This is a known issue which will be fixed in the next version, or you can fix it yourself in the mean time...
trixmoto wrote:@Aidan - ooops, this means I forgot to fix the artist name in sql, so line 175...

sql = "SELECT Id FROM Artists WHERE Artist='"&exc&"'"
...should be...

sql = "SELECT Id FROM Artists WHERE Artist='"&fixsql(exc)&"'"
For the most part, that works well, and it doesn't freeze the program anymore.

But the artist stats still don't show (Most played. Favorite tracks). I just get the loading animation.