Monkey Rok 4.1 - Updated 17/08/2009

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

MusicBringer

Post by MusicBringer » Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:51 pm

Thanks, it would suit me too.

MPG

Post by MPG » Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:33 pm

Album Images

I didn't realize that MonkeyRok saved album images into the specified temp directory. Some were even duplicates. With the thousands of albums that I own, I am unwilling to give up the disk space.

Trixmoto, is there any way to have the script delete these images immediately after they are used? Or better yet, provide an option to display the pic only if it is available in the tag?

I have had to shut this great utility down until this is resolved. Sorry.

MPG

trixmoto

Post by trixmoto » Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:24 am

The idea of creating thumbnails is to improve the speed of the script, but I guess I could have an option to switch this off.

Personally I use the windows temporary directory (%temp%) as my directory and I clear this out pretty regularly so I don't find this a problem. Also I have thousands of albums myself and the total cache has never reached 100Mb, if you can't afford that then you have serious problems!! :lol:
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.

MPG

Post by MPG » Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:59 am

I guess my first instinct was, why are these files being left behind. My programming experience has been that we clean up temp files after being used.

You are correct that 100 MB, isn't a big deal, it's was just the surprise of seeing them. I immediately wondered what other files are being left behind that I'm not aware of.

As a suggestion, there might be a few ways of dealing with the problem.
1) Provide an option of using tagged album art only
2) Download the images, but clean them up after a new song is started.
3) Clean up the images when MonkeyRok is closed. Not sure if there is an event for this.
4) Leave it alone. While not my preference, it is always an option. :)

Also,
I am always prompted to accept an Active X control. I have registered the msinet.ocx file. Is there another control requiring to be registered?

Thanks for you responses Trixmoto!

MPG

trixmoto

Re: Monkey Rok 3.4 [MM2+3]

Post by trixmoto » Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:16 am

The whole idea is that this is a cache, therefore they must be left behind for it to work.

1) By "tagged" I assume you mean linked images only, as there must be a physical file for IE to display.
2) Could do, but kinda defeats the point.
3) Could do, but kinda defeats the point.
4) Tempting, but I'll see what I can do.

Trying searching for "activex" - you'll find hundreds of posts pointing you to the registry setting you need to change.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.

SteveMz

Post by SteveMz » Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:02 am

Hi Trixmoto,

I have been using this script for a long time now and love it!

I have noticed a small bug which is related to artist information containing apostrophes as in “Guns n' Roses”, I do not appear to be able to navigate to the artist by clicking on the link even when the link reports I have tracks by them.

Also when trying to get "more information" form last fm via the script for above artist I receive the following IE error:

Undetermined String Constant in
file:///C:/Program%20Files/MediaMonkey/Scripts/MonkeyRok/skins/animated_brushed/skin.html

Also, if the top panel is collapsed, when the next tack begins the panel expanded again which is not always desired.

A small enhancement request… I love the Biography option but would also like to be able to also display similar artists at the same time, would it be possible to move the Biography to the ‘text’ panel or make 2 external panels to achieve this?

I am using MonkeyRok 3.4 on MM 2.5.5.996

Awesome script as are your other, keep up the good work

Even if you do not have time to make these changes I will still use the script as I think it makes MM ‘complete’

Kind regards
SteveMz

trixmoto

Post by trixmoto » Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:32 am

Well I'll try and get those two bugs sorted out in the next release. I've already had a request for multiple external panels, and although I haven't decided what I'm doing to do about it yet, I will come up with something! :)

paulmt

Post by paulmt » Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:42 pm

Has anyone come across this issue before? :(
All other data on my screen is correct size font, but MonkeyRok 3.4 seems to be displaying in very small unreadable fonts. I mean VERY small
I do run high screen resolution as my Monitor is 24" Widescreen @ 1920x1200
All other programmes etc are as they should be.
I have uninstalled MR and re-installed but with the same result. I have also looked at the various editable files but could not see anything out of place

All seemed to be ok and other than XP SP3 I have not installed any other system changing software. My system is Virus and Malware free (according to
AVG 8.0 and COMODO Pro) :-?

Any Ideas where I can look for font settings in MR that may have got screwed up somehow?

Edited to add this link to an image here
MediaMonkey 3.2.4.1304 Gold Lifetime
Hardware: Intel Core 2 Quad 3.33GHz, 8Gb Ram, 2tB Internal Storage, 2tB External Storage (USB & eSATA)
Software: Windows 7 Ultimate x64, FireFox v3.6.x, ThunderBird v3 x64, MailWasher Pro v6.5, Kaspersky Internet Security 2010
Backups by Karens Replicator v3.5.12,

Post by guest » Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:36 am

I have the small font issue as well. It just started today, never had a problem before. Tried reinstalling no effect

Eyal

Post by Eyal » Sat Jun 21, 2008 8:10 am

For the font problem, it's related to Internet Explorer font size, since MRok uses HTML code and script pages to generate its content.
Try to change it in IE, than close and restart MediaMonkey.
Skins for MediaMonkey: Cafe, Carbon, Helium, Spotify, Zekton. [ Wiki Zone ].

trixmoto

Post by trixmoto » Sat Jun 21, 2008 8:54 am

This is an IE thing, yes. If you want the font size to be larger you can amend the "skin.css" file in the folder of the skin you are using and set the font size in there.

paulmt

Post by paulmt » Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:17 pm

Well it may be related to IE for anyone else experiencing this sudden change of font size in MR but it isn't for me as I don't have IE on my system.
What I have found though is this...
The "skin.css" located in each MR Skin Folder for skins I have always used with MM2.5 have not had the following line "font-size: .7em;"
Since downloading some MR skins intended for use alongside MM3.0 themes this line has seemingly appeared in all my MR (2.5) skin.css files as well.

Once this line is deleted the default font as used by my FireFox is again displayed as it should be.

For "guest" if you are using MM3 with MM3 style MonkeyRok skins then perhaps you should leave this line in, but you could change the default (apparently)
font-size: .7em; to 1.0 or 1.2 etc to increase font size.
Hardware: Intel Core 2 Quad 3.33GHz, 8Gb Ram, 2tB Internal Storage, 2tB External Storage (USB & eSATA)
Software: Windows 7 Ultimate x64, FireFox v3.6.x, ThunderBird v3 x64, MailWasher Pro v6.5, Kaspersky Internet Security 2010

trixmoto

Post by trixmoto » Sun Jun 22, 2008 3:17 am

I assure you, you might not have IE installed but it's there. The panel that MonkeyRok is displayed in is an IE OCX window, there's no doubt about that! There is no link to Firefox what so ever.

paulmt

Post by paulmt » Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:37 pm

trixmoto wrote:I assure you, you might not have IE installed but it's there. The panel that MonkeyRok is displayed in is an IE OCX window, there's no doubt about that! There is no link to Firefox what so ever.
That's fair enough I understand that, I meant in response to one of the comments I couldn't change or have changed IE settings as I don't have IE on my system as a browser. I do understand that IE is "built in" and is called by the scripts (regrettably) instead of the default browser whatever that may be.
The outcome is though, for some reason, the fonts changed (only in MonkeyRok) and by editing the skin.css to no reference or to 1.2 this remedied the issue.
When I deleted all reference to the body font size the outcome was a font the same size (more or less) but not the same type font as my Firefox browser. I have since changed the setting to font size 1.2 which is a little easier on the eye.

The only thing to change on my system (which is always a big change) was the installation of SP3 after which I removed IE again, so to confirm as you said it was probably something to do with an IE setting changed by the service pack.

sadd

Post by sadd » Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:19 am

Q: is there a possibility to configurate MR to show me in the stats screen the TOP20 of my albums? Or does someone know a "stats script" with this feature?

TNX