Tagging Inconsistencies 4.0.1 (2014-02-27)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Bex

Re: Tagging Inconsistencies 3.8.2 (2008-05-21) [MM2&3]

Post by Bex »

That would be easy to implement. What's the limit, is it 256 characters for the full path?
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
k_r_eriksson

Post by k_r_eriksson »

Yes 256 char for full path.
Bex

Post by Bex »

@Seeker

This wasn't so straight forward as I first thought:
Wikipedia wrote:Microsoft Windows: Windows kernel forbids the use of characters in range 1-31 (i.e., 0x01-0x1F) and characters " * : < > ? \ |. Although NTFS allows each path component (directory or filename) to be 255 characters long and paths up to about 32767 characters long, the Windows kernel only supports paths up to 259 characters long. Additionally, Windows forbids the use of the MS-DOS device names AUX, CLOCK$, COM1, COM2, COM3, COM4, COM5, COM6, COM7, COM8, COM9, CON, LPT1, LPT2, LPT3, LPT4, LPT5, LPT6, LPT7, LPT8, LPT9, NUL and PRN, as well as these names with any extension (for example, AUX.txt), except when using Long UNC paths (ex. \\.\C:\nul.txt or \\?\D:\aux\con). (In fact, CLOCK$ may be used if an extension is provided.) These restrictions only apply to Windows - Linux, for example, allows use of " * : < > ? \ | even in NTFS.
My understanding of this is that in Windows NTFS, individual folders and filenames can be max 255 characters long. While the full path can be 32767 characters long.
But the most important point is that this is already controlled by Windows, meaning that if you try to brake these rules then Windows won't let you.

I have no problem to implement a node for you and others who is suffering from long full paths but what is the max length?
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.

All My Scripts
Seeker

Post by Seeker »

Bex wrote:@Seeker

This wasn't so straight forward as I first thought:
Wikipedia wrote:Microsoft Windows: Windows kernel forbids the use of characters in range 1-31 (i.e., 0x01-0x1F) and characters " * : < > ? \ |. Although NTFS allows each path component (directory or filename) to be 255 characters long and paths up to about 32767 characters long, the Windows kernel only supports paths up to 259 characters long. Additionally, Windows forbids the use of the MS-DOS device names AUX, CLOCK$, COM1, COM2, COM3, COM4, COM5, COM6, COM7, COM8, COM9, CON, LPT1, LPT2, LPT3, LPT4, LPT5, LPT6, LPT7, LPT8, LPT9, NUL and PRN, as well as these names with any extension (for example, AUX.txt), except when using Long UNC paths (ex. \\.\C:\nul.txt or \\?\D:\aux\con). (In fact, CLOCK$ may be used if an extension is provided.) These restrictions only apply to Windows - Linux, for example, allows use of " * : < > ? \ | even in NTFS.
My understanding of this is that in Windows NTFS, individual folders and filenames can be max 255 characters long. While the full path can be 32767 characters long.
But the most important point is that this is already controlled by Windows, meaning that if you try to brake these rules then Windows won't let you.

I have no problem to implement a node for you and others who is suffering from long full paths but what is the max length?
It's basically 256. I've checked. The above is probably all correct, but when you really get down to it, it's 'how long is X:\folder1\folder2\folder3\this is a long filename because it has too much stuff in it.mp3'

Now, that said, part of the issue is path length (X:\folder1\folder2\folder3\) vs filename length (this is a ....mp3) because the final decision is whether to shorten the path or the filename.

To keep it super simple - I'd just have nodes for : "total length is greater than 200" and maybe another for "total length is greater than 225" or something like that. Maybe a "OH MY GOD - total length is greater than 250"

That would leave it up to the user to decide where to shorten things - the path or the filename. You could get fancy and list long paths or long filenames, but the above would suffice for 90% or more.

Hope that helps - and thanks for a great script.
Seeker

Post by Seeker »

Now that I think about it, I'd go for 225 and 250 - if people have long file names, they'll ignore the 200 anyway with a 'so what'!?
Bex

Post by Bex »

I think I'll go for something configurable. I'm working with some other stuff right now but you'll get an update eventually. :)

All My Scripts
Seeker

Post by Seeker »

Thanks - will watch for it.
Macarena

Post by Macarena »

Hi Bex,

thanks for the great script. I'd like to suggest an inconsistency check.

From time to time I find an album were the album volume level is not the same for all the tracks assign into the album. I do not know really the reason why this happens.

So, a node should point out albums with different album volume levels assigned to the tracks -- this rules out wrong compilations and later joined songs, joined into an common album.
Further, a node should point out albums/tracks which volume level is of big difference from the album volume level (user defined, eg. 6.5dB) -- this rules out bad volume levelling in an album.

Thanks for consideration.
Bex

Post by Bex »

Sure, it'll make into the next release! :)

All My Scripts
Bex

Re: Tagging Inconsistencies 3.9 (2008-08-22) [MM2&3]

Post by Bex »

Script is updated
Ver 3.9 (2008-08-22) [MM3 only]
- Added four new Album Nodes
- - Node vs Track Case Inconsistencies
- - No Album Leveling
- - Multiple Album Leveling
- - Track vs Album Leveling diff >= XX
- Added one new Track Node
- - Path Length >= XX

Enjoy!
/Bex

All My Scripts
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

Uh Oh, every time you create an update, it means I have work to do. :-? but keep up the great work anyway. :wink:

Nyn
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
RedX

Post by RedX »

I'd like to suggest a node, if i've overseen it's existence i'm sorry, with Play Count != History.

It means in case the History table of Mediamonkey does not match the PlayCounter of the song.
Maybe you could include a check for this in your Add/Remove playstat script.

Regards,
Red
Mizery_Made

Post by Mizery_Made »

• Tracks With
    • More PlayCount Than in MM's internal History
    • Less PlayCount Than in MM's internal History
Vyper

Post by Vyper »

Mizery_Made wrote:
  • Tracks With
    • More PlayCount Than in MM's internal History
    • Less PlayCount Than in MM's internal History
How does one sync these if there are discrepancies?
Stop Button Freak
Bex

Post by Bex »

It's a bit tedious but you can do it manually with my Add/Remove Playstat script:
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =2&t=31809

You also have Christoph's Play Date Manager:
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=29514

All My Scripts