Tagging Inconsistencies 4.0.1 (2014-02-27)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Owyn

Re: Tagging Inconsistencies 3.9.4 (2009-01-10)

Post by Owyn »

Agreed. Bex's Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix, for example, is an excellent complement to TI.
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum. (Ambrose Bierce)
I drink therefore I am. (Monty Python)
Vista 32bit Home Premium SP2 / MM3.2.1.1297 Gold / Last.Fm 1.0.2.22 / IE8
Dell Inspiron 530 (1.8 Core2 / 2GB)
Skin: Vitreous Blue
Scripts: Add/Remove Playstat|Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix|Album Art Tagger|Backup|Batch Art Finder|Calculate Cover Size|Case&Leading Zero Fixer|DB_Audit|DB_Clean|DB_Schema|Event Logger|Genre Finder|Lyricator|Magic Nodes|MM2VLC|Monkey Rok|MusicIP Tagger|PUID Generator|RegExp Find & Replace|Right Click for Scripts|Scriptreloader|SQL Viewer|Stats(Filtered)|Tagging Inconsistencies
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

I also add my opinion to leave this in "report" mode.
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
Weatherman

Post by Weatherman »

And an excellent opinion it is too! I also think we should have scripts and reports which are specific to a function and not try to accomplish too much. Developers and scripters no doubt spend an enormous amount of their own time to make MM as enjoyable for the rest of us as possible. It's one thing asking them to fix a bug in their script, but I don't think we should be asking them to add things which are different and not added improvements to the core purpose of the script or report.
Just my opinion as well, by the way!! :lol:
Jim
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

I tend to agree. It would have to be an all-encompassing script in order to be able to fix everything it detects. It would almost be another media player by itself! :)

I would however, enjoy it if it could be a bit more specific in some its reports. There have been a few times when I sat and stared at a node inconsistency for hours and could not figure out what was wrong.

That's my two cents. Thanks for a great script.
--
The gpzbc
MusicBringer

Post by MusicBringer »

gpzbc wrote:There have been a few times when I sat and stared at a node inconsistency for hours and could not figure out what was wrong.
Yeah you and me both :cry:
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Owyn

Post by Owyn »

MusicBringer wrote:
gpzbc wrote:There have been a few times when I sat and stared at a node inconsistency for hours and could not figure out what was wrong.
Yeah you and me both :cry:
Sometimes it is a node value versus track value inconsistency. Adding e.g. "x" to the value in the track and then removing it in a subsequent edit will usually clean up these cases.
Scripts: Add/Remove Playstat|Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix|Album Art Tagger|Backup|Batch Art Finder|Calculate Cover Size|Case&Leading Zero Fixer|DB_Audit|DB_Clean|DB_Schema|Event Logger|Genre Finder|Lyricator|Magic Nodes|MM2VLC|Monkey Rok|MusicIP Tagger|PUID Generator|RegExp Find & Replace|Right Click for Scripts|Scriptreloader|SQL Viewer|Stats(Filtered)|Tagging Inconsistencies
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

That's good to know. Thanks!
--
The gpzbc
Bex

Post by Bex »

Yes, I've left this script in "report mode" mainly because it would take forever to code correction options that would fit everyone's needs, some things would also almost be impossible to code (read node corrections) since some internal altering methods are not available for scripts. It also exist other scripts that can clean the things this script finds.
What node? If I can make some nodes more "error obvious", I'll certainly take a look.
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
Owyn

Post by Owyn »

The two biggest problems I have fixing are:
-Node versus track inconsistensies. I frequently have to resort to the append "x" trick to get these to clean up. This is compounded by having mult-value performance AlbumArtist for classical recordings, e.g. "Elly Ameling(Soprano); Dalton Baldwin(Piano)". The additional performance artists don't show up in the Artist & AlbumArtist node in the tree.

- Diacriticals. Some of them are just too small to easily see what the values are. My solution is to enable the screen magnifier to get a close look at the values involved.
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

Is there a way to identify every album/track that has album art which is less than a specified resolution?
I am trying to rid my library of all poor quality album art. I would love to be able to do a search for any album art which is less than 500 X 500 resolution.

I considered using the Album Art Tagger script, but that is geared more toward getting rid of the crappy album art, not identifying it in mass quantities. I have about 17,000 tracks in my library and AAT is cumbersome when trying to scan an entire library.

I should mention that my album art is all embedded in the tags.

Thanks for your help!
--
The gpzbc
Bex

Post by Bex »

Trixmoto has a script which can do that! :)
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =2&t=12042
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

Thanks for the tip!
--
The gpzbc
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

I've been looking into Trixmoto's Calculate Cover Size script to help me weed out all my low quality album art. I was getting ready to implement it, but I just realized that running it will modify every single track in my library, which will result in a massive reupload to my offsite backup. It will take me weeks to do that.

That is why I am hoping that you can implement this feature into Tagging Inconsistencies. :wink: That way the tag could be read without modifying each and every file.
Thanks
--
The gpzbc
Kees

Post by Kees »

Love this script, has helped me very often.

One feature I miss though is prefix related. TI can now spot "THE" inconsistencies, but as I am Dutch I would like to add "De" as well. In Mediamonkey I have added "DE" to the prefix preferences, any chance TI could use that, or have an option to include "De" Manually?

Both solutions would also benefit other users which require other prefixes due to different language.
Mizery_Made

Post by Mizery_Made »

The script already has options to add things to the The/And inconsistency checks. Right click on the Album or Artist inconsistency nodes and go to "<node> Node Settings" and there should be a box there for you to place "De" as a "The inconsistency."