Tagging Inconsistencies 4.0.1 (2014-02-27)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

MM3 monkey

Re: Tagging Inconsistencies 3.9.4 (2009-01-10)

Post by MM3 monkey »

Great. Thanks, Bex.
kiwichick

Post by kiwichick »

Hi there, In relation to MM3 Monkey's post here http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 55#p299854

I'm using MM4 and also have video files showing up in the TI nodes.

Now nynaevelan's reply says "In the TI General settings option sheet do you see the music filter listed on the separate nodes, such as Albums With, Album Art etc....? Also, if you go into the Albums With Option Sheet does it show the music only collection on the filter for all the various nodes?"

Does this mean that in order to have TI ignore the video files, it's not enough to set the TI General settings default filter to Music (which it should be. Isn't that whole point of a default setting)? I also have to set all the nodes and sub-nodes to Music as well? Really? And then how do I use my other filters?

And in MM3, TI has it's own Library node but in MM4 it's part of 'Files to Edit'. Can it be moved to it's own node as per MM3? Or at least to the bottom of the 'Files to Edit' node? Cheers.
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

kiwichick:

Look at your settings for the Music collection, when I looked at mine it was set to also include music videos, which I had to remove. I also have collections set up for the various TI nodes because there are some nodes that I want to have videos included in. As I stated earlier, I do not use the general filters because I have various nodes in each section that I want only specific types of tracks included on.
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
kiwichick

Post by kiwichick »

Thanks nynaevelan, "it was set to also include music videos, which I had to remove". No that's not the problem - MM3 monkey also confirmed that removing Music Videos made no difference to the TI nodes - and I don't understand why it would since TI includes everything unless specified in the filters. If it was as simple as removing Music Videos, we wouldn't be having this conversation :-) In fact, as TI only shows in the Music node I assumed it would only affect Music files and was really surprised to find video files in the results.

And while you (and probably the majority of people out there) may not use the general filter, I don't want to use TI on anything but music files so why isn't setting the default filter to Music enough to exclude everything but music files? Again, isn't that the point of a default setting? Then I would set my other filters in the nodes and subnodes. Although it doesn't work on the node settings filter either. It can ONLY be set on the subnodes.

Now you also said "I also have collections set up for the various TI nodes". By collections I assume you mean what were 'filters' in MM3? Yes I already have them set up from my MM3 install. But if I have to set the subnode filter to Music, how do I also use my other 'filters'? Or add Music to the ones I have?

But I guess the bottom line is, why doesn't the general filter work?
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

Sorry that would have to be answered by Bex or someone more experienced to me. But from what I understand when you set up the general filter, all the nodes should be using that filter. I will try to do some testing later today to see if I am experiencing the same problems.

kiwichick

Post by kiwichick »

Thanks again nynaevelan, It's a shame 'Bex or someone more knowledgeable' than you isn't reading this thread :)

"But from what I understand when you set up the general filter, all the nodes should be using that filter."

Exactly!!!!!
Bex

Post by Bex »

TI's default Filter is not applied automatically to any node. It is still needed to select "TI's default Filter" on each node. I'm not so sure that this feature was that useful.

Anyway, all this with collections and filters needs to be reviewed and optimized for MM4, currently it doesn't work that well. Hopefully I will get some time over soon, so I can update this and other script for MM4. Until then patience is needed.
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

Bex wrote:
Anyway, all this with collections and filters needs to be reviewed and optimized for MM4, currently it doesn't work that well.
Do you have some examples of what is not working well, I have not had any trouble with TI and filters/collections. Other scripts however.... :wink: But I am semi-patient, I will use this time to compose my wishlist of MM4 specific additions..... :lol: :lol:

Nyn

Bex

Post by Bex »

Yes, please do that! I've not yet added any videos to my MM4 so I really don't know what inconsistencies to look for.

As for collections vs filters. Collections is meant to be used on the tree while filters could be used differently. I'm thinking of introducing playlists as "filters" instead since MMA allows scripters to use autoplaylists which wasn't possible earlier.
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.

All My Scripts
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

Bex wrote:Yes, please do that! I've not yet added any videos to my MM4 so I really don't know what inconsistencies to look for.
:lol: :lol: You have no idea what can of worms you've open, because of course I will want to have TI, Debug, Case Checker, Auto Increment and ADFF updated. Not sure yet if I will need any changes to Add/Remove, and I think Sql, PlayHistory and Playlist in Main Window are good. But rest assured, I will begin keeping my notes on additions. :wink: Am I missing any scripts on my list??

EDIT: Oh yeah, I think Last 100 is good as it is.

Nyn

Bex

Post by Bex »

I thought you meant changes to TI. :)

All My Scripts
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

I did but of course some of your other scripts will benefit from having new MM4 features added to them. Luckily I do not think it is anything that is critical, except for Copy/Paste. That one throws up errors with some copying/pasteing but I have not taken the time yet to pinpoint where they are coming from. I know you are a busy man so I will not put any kind of rush on you, but I expect that might change with others once MM4 is officially released. So be prepared for alot of requests.... Once MM4 releases, you and Trixmoto are going to be very busy.

Bex

Post by Bex »

What are the issues with copy/paste? (Please reply in the ADFF thread.)

All My Scripts
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

As soon as I pinpoint what is causing them, I will add a post.

MM3 monkey

Post by MM3 monkey »

nynaevelan wrote:As soon as I pinpoint what is causing them, I will add a post.
In the right thread, I hope.... mate ( ;) )