Tagging Inconsistencies 4.0.1 (2014-02-27)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

gege

Bug report:

Post by gege »

Bex, I think I found a bug in this script:
In my library, under "Albums with... > In Multiple Folders" two albums are listed, but I'm sure they are not in different folders! Each album is in one single folder, as you can see in the screenshot below:

I've tested in 2.2 and 2.4 versions. Same behavior...
I really don't know what's going on.

And, by the way, I suggest you to change node's name to "Albums With... > Songs in Multiple Folders". Looks more consistent...

Nonetheless, GREAT script! Thanks to it, Magic Nodes is feeling a little rejected in the last weeks...
Bex

Post by Bex »

Yeah, that looks indeed strange. But I'm not sure what's going on....

If you search for the albums, what do you get?
Do you exclude any folders?

Thanks for the nice words and the name suggestion. It'll be changed in the next version.
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
gege

Post by gege »

Bex wrote:If you search for the albums, what do you get?
This:

And just to prove all files are in a single folder:

Bex wrote:Do you exclude any folders?
No. I use the script with all default settings.
Bex wrote:Thanks for the nice words and the name suggestion. It'll be changed in the next version.
:D
Bex

Post by Bex »

Ok, I need to see the content in a tmpTable to understand what this is all about. Do you have MS Access?
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.

All My Scripts
gege

Post by gege »

Yes. I do.
Bex

Post by Bex »

Good, can you open mediamonkey.mdb and copy & paste this code into the sql window of query:

Code: Select all

SELECT inline.tmpIDMedia, inline.tmpFolder, Count(*) AS Expr1, Min(inline.tmpIDalbum) AS MinOftmpIDalbum, Max(inline.tmpIDalbum) AS MaxOftmpIDalbum
FROM [SELECT TmpInConsFolder1.tmpIDMedia, TmpInConsFolder1.tmpFolder, tmpIDalbum
FROM TmpInConsFolder1
GROUP BY TmpInConsFolder1.tmpIDMedia, TmpInConsFolder1.tmpFolder, tmpIDalbum]. AS inline
GROUP BY inline.tmpIDMedia, inline.tmpFolder, inline.tmpFolder
HAVING (((Count(*))>1));
What is the result?

All My Scripts
Bex

Post by Bex »

Problem solved through PM.

It was a move from old to new drive which had left some inconsistencies in the database which is now corrected.

Everything is working and everybody is happy! :D

All My Scripts
gege

Post by gege »

Bex wrote:Problem solved through PM.

It was a move from old to new drive which had left some inconsistencies in the database which is now corrected.

Everything is working and everybody is happy! :D
Correction:

if Everybody = me then
   Everybody is VERY VERY happy!
endif 
:D :D :D :D :D
Bex

Post by Bex »

:D

All My Scripts
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

gege wrote:

if Everybody = me then
   Everybody is VERY VERY happy!
endif 
:D :D :D :D :D
Welcome to the world of scripting! :lol:
inky

Post by inky »

This is truly an amazing script! :D
Thank you so much!!

How do I easiest correct all these errors?
Do anyone have some tips?
nojac

Post by nojac »

inky wrote:How do I easiest correct all these errors?
Do anyone have some tips?
No general method. Each inconsistency has its own solution.

But most of the Album Art inconcistencies can be fixed with trixmoto's Album Art Tagger script. (If you have the art...)

And of course, not everything that comes up in Bex' script are really errors. I want ALL my albums to appear in the "Single Album Art" and in the "First Album Art In Tag" nodes....
Bex

Post by Bex »

Thanks inky!

I'm afraid that you need to correct the most errors manually...

But Auto-tag from Amazon and Auto-tag from filename could help a lot.
Also check out Steegy's "web source tagger".

Browse through the all scripts thread and check for other special scripts which can help you.

All My Scripts
wow

amazing!

Post by wow »

This script is simply the best control of my music I ever found!
It should be shipped with MM.

Thank you so much Bex!
Bex

Post by Bex »

Thank you!
Glad you liked it. :D

All My Scripts