BPM.tapper [v1.0] - time BPM 's in MM [MM 2 / MM 3 limited ]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

surfer

Re: BPM.tapper [v1.0] - time BPM 's in MM [MM 2 / MM 3 limited ]

Post by surfer »

mistresso wrote:
What I've seen with some integrated tappers though - ie, ones accompanying apps that did BPM analysis - was that they would actually look at the "original" BPM field, assume if you were tapping it out that it was inaccurate, and then try to contextually determine if you were hitting a fractional value of the stored value. IE, say the track was set to 120 incorrectly. The tapper will then "see" any tapped average of 60bpm +/- 10 beats as 60, and lock onto that value.

I like that idea.
good one, I will try and incorporate it.
Yes, it's very often so that BPM software like "Mixmeister BPM Analyser" finds a BPM value half or double of the correct one.

An option like that suggested by mistresso would be exactly the thing to "round up" the BPM.tapper and make it a "perfect thing" :-)
surfer

Re: BPM.tapper [v1.0] - time BPM 's in MM [MM 2 / MM 3 limited ]

Post by surfer »

I have a strange issue wit the this script:

BPMtapper does not work on a fresh install of MM 3.1 an a new winXP sp3.

But also on my old PC BPMtapper does not work with MM 3.1 when i delete from the harddisk the older version of MM 3.05:
originally i had the script working in MM 3.0.5. Afterwords i installed the new version of MM 3.1 into a different directory and did not uninstall MM 3.0.5.
I istalled BPNtapper to the new MM 3.1 as well and it is working with MM 3.1 without problems but only when the old directory of MM 3.0.5 is still there. When i delete it the BPMtapper panel is not shown anymore in the new MM 3.1. i get an error instead: "the web seite cannot be shown".

The same error nstead of the panel shows on the new PC with only the new MM 3.1.
beg

Re: BPM.tapper [v1.0] - time BPM 's in MM [MM 2 / MM 3 limit

Post by beg »

Hi,

what about BPM-Tapper and latest version of MM 4?

I used this tool a lot and I do miss it! Any chance to geet it - is there an alternativ? (for a portable installation btw..)

thx,
Bernhard
surfer

Post by surfer »

it works again with the newest ver 4
MarineBrat

Post by MarineBrat »

It doesn't work in 4.0.7 for me. Yes, the screen comes up, and the [TAP] button records the timing of your taps, but when I click on [Save] nothing happens. BPM is not written to the database nor the file tag.

Any hope of getting this updated for 4.0.7?