Genre Finder 5.0 - Updated 05/08/2012

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

xpurityx

Re: Genre Finder 3.2 [MM2+3]

Post by xpurityx » Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:15 pm

As for #1, you can go into the settings and have it update blank values only, that will not process the other 99 tracks you're talking about.

aprzybylo

Post by aprzybylo » Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:19 pm

I don't think so, what about scenario
track1 - genre1
track2 - genre2
track3 - blank

if I do that only track3 will be updated to correct value (let say genre1) track 2 won't

trixmoto

Post by trixmoto » Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:19 am

I'll try to make improvements in these areas in the next version.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.

debu

Post by debu » Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:22 pm

After installing this I didn't see a toolbar or anything under options scripts. Also, right clicked on a track and didn't see the options to find genre. Where can I access the settings and use this in MM3 :oops:

Trajan

Post by Trajan » Sun Nov 09, 2008 4:49 pm

debu wrote:After installing this I didn't see a toolbar or anything under options scripts. Also, right clicked on a track and didn't see the options to find genre. Where can I access the settings and use this in MM3 :oops:
Tools/Options/Library/GenreFinder Settings. There will be a magnifying glass in the upper portion of MM which you use to perform an operation.

RustyHappyUser

Post by RustyHappyUser » Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:30 am

Wonderful script. Found repeatable bug: unterminated string constant genrefinder.vbs line 2207 col 26

Confirm artist changes
Name Field Value Change to
Billie Ocean Genre 80s; Pop; Soul; Disco; Rnb; New Wave; Male Vocalists; Adult Contemporary; 70s; Billy Ocean; Pop-rock; Dance; Funk; Rock; Love; Quiet Storm; Romantic; Urban; 80s Pop; Oldies; Emo; 80's; Classic Rock; No Tag; Joh; Melankoliaa; Mondo Sexy; Film Music Composer; L-i-f-e; 1976; 80s Soul; Immer Wieder Gern; Male Solo Artists; Trinidad And Tobago; High School Memories; A Selection Work In Progress; Trinidadian; Jeremy Macro Somgs; 80s-90s Pop; Sing Along Loudly; Pop Rnb; Good Old Oldies That We Love; Aleister Crowley; Billy; Plus; Eighties-pop; Raul Seixas; Funky Grooves; Matt Bianco; Soul dance-pop urban; Music For My Soul; Sinnet; Anyzio Rocha; California Seixas; Argeu California Seixas; Silvio Passos; Wilson Seixas; Beto Juara; Aleyster; Kricamorena; Familia Santos; Mosca Navarro; 80s My Dear; 196878; Theasoul; Myjukebox; Brems Tagg Radio; Magic Disco Hits; Habbe1 Taggradio; Minimix; Beauty And Sadness; Erotique; 80er Pop; Music On My Profile; Eighties Office Music - Sweet; Roraima; Boa Vista; Ludzik; Lawhead; Bylly Ocean; Therell Be Sad So; Nova California Seixas; Argeu California; Caracarai; Don Kalifa; Mucajai; Aleyster Crowley; Sensual; California; Pop Music; Ballad; 90s; Yacht Rock; Slick; Smooth; Pop Rock; Rhythm And Blues; Screamo; Summery; Punk Rock

Bex

Post by Bex » Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:54 pm

Guessing here but you have:
Emo; 80's; Classic Rock
In your list and the 80's is probably the issue here.
Until trix fixes the bug you can either remove the ' or add an extra one. Adding an extra one should give you 80's as the result.
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts

maartenf

Post by maartenf » Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:34 am

lately, i think since i updated mediamonkey to version 3.06, genrefinder doesnt find any genres any more. Does anyone have the same problem?

maartenf

Post by maartenf » Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:49 am

found the answer myself; i had blank spaces after the comma in the whitelist. After removing them it worked fine

maartenf

Post by maartenf » Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:02 am

working with the excellent genrefinder now. Really great to have all my songs tagged so quick and well.

I would like to make a suggestion to the developer.
Would it be possinble to have a setting where u first take the tag from the track;
- if thats not available, the tag from the album
- and if thats not avalaible the tag from the artist?

Another nice option would be that tags will be overwritten, except when there is no tag available in last fm that is in the whitelist

(now when i turn my setting "only overwrite blank valuus" off, it makes some values blank that i put in there manually

trixmoto

Post by trixmoto » Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:13 am

Well the first request is probably not possible as it would mean having a much more complex queuing system than I've currently got. The second suggestion is certainly a good idea though! :)
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.

GAguy

Post by GAguy » Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:19 pm

So where is the download link?

trixmoto

Post by trixmoto » Wed Dec 24, 2008 1:32 pm

On my website. :)

hatn

Post by hatn » Fri Dec 26, 2008 11:52 am

I’m finally getting it how to work with the white / black list, but I’m having problems combining…
Suppose I got my Custom 4 allready set up for nationalities. So that “Olvia Ruiz – De toi à moi” has custom field 4 = France. If the first tag i will get for the song is French, and the second one France, and the third one Singer-songwriter, and I want the file to be genre-tagged: Singer-Songwriter, how do I do that?
Genre| White | *Genre-*Custom4-French,Singer-songwriter=Singer-Songwriter won’t work…
Also, I’m having the dutch version of mediamonkey, where Custom 4 is called Vrij Veld 4. What should I use, Custom4, Custom 4, Vrij Veld 4, Vrij veld4, Vrijveld4,…?
Got my nationality and mood already tagged (see list below), genre seems more difficult as I will have not enough room to include all genres I want at once, and using *Genre is also not really satisfying as I will miss genres like shoegaze or Gipsy punk. A suggestion might be that one can always run a list with changes, apart from the Whitelist / Blacklist? Also I’m looking forward to a similar script for release dates ;)
I think this is one of the best scripts in mediamonkey, and I also like the Idea of a standardized way of genre-tagging, so I will upload my genrewhitelist once I’m done :D

Mood (I combined some other posts and put them in a more alphabetical order)
Autumn%=Autumn,Alone,Annoyed,Aggressive,Anxious,Enraged=Battle,Angry=Battle,Atmos%=Atmospheric,Aggravated=Battle,Battle,Bored,Bright,
Bittersweet,Calm,Chill%=Chill,Relax%=Chill,Confident,Comatose,Comforting,Crazy,Dark,Desperate,Depressed=Depressing,Depressing,Down,Driving,
Dirty,Dreamy,Drunk,Energetic,Elegant,Emotional,Enigmatic,Enraged,Excited,Exhausted,Fabulous,Feelgood,Flirty,Frustrated,Fun,Giddy,Gentle,
Groovy,Great,Gym%=Gym,Happy,High,Hypnotic,Hyper,Introspective,Intimate,Jealous,Ironic,Lively,Lonely,Leftout=Lonely,Mad,Mellow,
Melanchol%=Melancholy,Moody,Morose,Party,Peacefull,Playful,Quiet,Reflective,Romantic,Soft,Soothing,Sophisticated,Sad,Sleep%=Sleepy,
Summer%=Summer,Spring%=Spring,Surf,Uplifting,Wild,Tranquil,Upbeat,Wild,Winter,Weird

Nationality (tx to the original poster!)
Norw%=Norway,Amer%=USA,USA,Swed%=Sweden,Sver%=Sweden,Finland=Finland,Finnish=Finland,Danma%=Denmark,Denma%=Denmark,Danish=Denmark,
Canad%=Canada,Japan%=Japan,Brit%=UK,Eng%=England,Scot%=Scotland,Ir%=Ireland,Fran%=France,French=France,German%=Germany,Deuts%=Germany,
Rus%=Russia,Austral%=Australia,Portug%=Portugal,Brazi%=Brazil,Argent%=Argentina,New Zealand,Belgi%=Belgium,%netherla%=the Netherlands,Holland=the Netherlands,Dutch=the Netherlands,Icelan%=Iceland,New York=USA,Chicago=USA,California=USA,Cuba,Texas=USA,Seattle=USA,Austin=USA,Kansas=USA,New Jersey=USA,Florida=USA,San Francisco=USA,Philly=USA,Philadelphia=USA,New Orleans=USA,Georgia=USA,Baltimore=USA,Seattle=USA,Portland=USA,Oregon=USA,Brooklyn=USA,Spanish=Spain,Spain=Spain

onenonymous

Post by onenonymous » Sat Dec 27, 2008 8:55 am

I have a script request. :) Can you add an option that if the song/artist/album isn't found in lastFM, you can still "clean" any existing tags to at least comply with the white and black lists? I got tired of my poor genre tags so gave GF a go at them. While it did great on songs it found, those it couldn't find still had existing tags with lots of genres I don't want. It would be nice to at least be able to clean those bad entries out, leaving just the ones that GF allows via the white and black lists.

Thanks for considering this.

~One