Genre Finder 5.0 - Updated 05/08/2012

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Owyn

Re: Genre Finder 4.4 - Updated 10/03/2010

Post by Owyn » Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:43 am

@Trix:
Is GF going to be stable for a while?
If so, I am going to work on getting Preserve List working for myself.
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum. (Ambrose Bierce)
I drink therefore I am. (Monty Python)
Vista 32bit Home Premium SP2 / MM3.2.1.1297 Gold / Last.Fm 1.0.2.22 / IE8
Dell Inspiron 530 (1.8 Core2 / 2GB)
Skin: Vitreous Blue
Scripts: Add/Remove Playstat|Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix|Album Art Tagger|Backup|Batch Art Finder|Calculate Cover Size|Case&Leading Zero Fixer|DB_Audit|DB_Clean|DB_Schema|Event Logger|Genre Finder|Lyricator|Magic Nodes|MM2VLC|Monkey Rok|MusicIP Tagger|PUID Generator|RegExp Find & Replace|Right Click for Scripts|Scriptreloader|SQL Viewer|Stats(Filtered)|Tagging Inconsistencies

trixmoto

Post by trixmoto » Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:39 pm

Yes, I think it will be. There are still some feature requests on my list, preserve lists being one of them, but I have more scripts than time at the moment so feel free to send me what you've done once you've got it working. :)
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Send me BTC: 34VQPVsf9mCeR4nfhFvvBYZqQ7LkqNZ8Mn
Send me LTC: 3P1mzrfbyscdhbxRpXLgKz7tufGAU3SrEG
Send me DOGE: 9xPpYSqgF7P5yQiqvE1VqWb4UjxVCCLFJ6
Check out these great cryptocurrency faucets... BTC / LTC / DOGE

Mars74

Post by Mars74 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:07 pm

Hi all,

Thanks trix for all these brilliant scripts. Got an issue with GF : Since some time, I receive an error.
Error #13 Erreur d'execution Microsoft VBS Script
Type incompatible: '[string: "A"]'
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\MediaMonkey\Scripts\Auto\GenreFinder.vbs", Line: 201, Column: 16
and the message GenreFinder: initialising Script stays in MM status bar ...
Any idea to have the script working again ?
Noote it didn't start with the last version, but started in 4.3 ... but not at the beginning !

Thanks in advance for your kind help

trixmoto

Post by trixmoto » Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:21 am

Oooops, there's a bug. You won't be able to populate Custom5 or Comment unless you replace line 201...

Code: Select all

Dim fld : fld = Int(Left(temp,1))
...with...

Dim fld : fld = DigIt(Left(temp,1))
I'll fix this in the next version.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.

Vyper

Post by Vyper » Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:12 am

Thanks for letting us know about the easy fix. :D
Stop Button Freak

Mars74

Post by Mars74 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:09 pm

Works like a charm .... Great thanks, Trix ... :D

broconne

Post by broconne » Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:34 pm

Love the script. It has been really helpful in taming my large collection. I saw a post in 2007 asking about order and at that point you said it would be difficult based on the current code base. Not sure if that has changed, but it would be great if in the whitelists the tag selected was based not on the top tag, but on the order in the white list. For example, "3 Doors Down" gets tagged as "Rock" because that is the most popular, and the second most tag is "Alternative". I would prefer it to be tagged as Alternative, however "Rock" is a valid genre (albeit a broad one) and I don't want to take it off the whitelist because it will certainly be valid for certain cases.

Is there a way to do ordering currently? If not, I would put that on my wish list.

Owyn

Post by Owyn » Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:48 pm

I don't think that would work. My whitelists all go from specific -> general. e.g. "alt%rock=Alt Rock" would precede "%rock=Rock". The order is parsing order needed, not importance or priority.
Scripts: Add/Remove Playstat|Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix|Album Art Tagger|Backup|Batch Art Finder|Calculate Cover Size|Case&Leading Zero Fixer|DB_Audit|DB_Clean|DB_Schema|Event Logger|Genre Finder|Lyricator|Magic Nodes|MM2VLC|Monkey Rok|MusicIP Tagger|PUID Generator|RegExp Find & Replace|Right Click for Scripts|Scriptreloader|SQL Viewer|Stats(Filtered)|Tagging Inconsistencies

broconne

Post by broconne » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:20 pm

Owyn wrote:I don't think that would work. My whitelists all go from specific -> general. e.g. "alt%rock=Alt Rock" would precede "%rock=Rock". The order is parsing order needed, not importance or priority.
I think we are saying the same thing, just differently. I would want a song that has "Rock" and "Alt Rock" in the top 5 tags to be tagged as "Alt Rock". That is more specific, rather than general.

Owyn

Post by Owyn » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:34 pm

In that case, they would be tagged as both and I see nothing wrong with that. The order would depend on the popularity of the respective Last.fm tags.

I have experimented with the number of top results to be considered. Currently I use 4. Larger values tend to result in progressively funkier results.

trixmoto

Post by trixmoto » Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:45 am

@broconne - thank you. There is no way of ordering currently, but I have added it to my list and will see what I can do in the next version.

@Owyn - I think what broconne wants is for only one value to be selected from the list of valid genres, but for him to be able to say which on his whitelist should be selected, instead of using Last.Fm popularity. This is a bit against the idea of the script, but it might be doable using some kind of ranking system.

Owyn

Post by Owyn » Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:11 am

Trix:
I have thought about this off and on. My album rips are mainly based on <AMG Primary Genre>; <AMG Style>; <Personal Genres>
where:
AMG Primary Genre: Pop/Rock, R&B, etc.
AMG Style: Alternative Country etc. which I encode in my preferred value "Alt Country"
Personal Genres: Live, Cover, 60s, etc.

So having e.g. "Pop/Rock; Alt Rock" is fine by my normal usage.

However, I have considered the need to identify primary genre in found tags and order the results. I thought about doing this in GF but for my needs it would probably be better to do it as a point specific script and maybe inside GF as well. The primary and other tags would be sorted within their group.

e.g. "60s; R&B; Doo Wop; 60s Girl Group" would, assuming "R&B" was in the primary list, end up as "R&B; 60s; 60s Girl Group; Doo Wop".

buiserik

Post by buiserik » Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:32 pm

trixmoto wrote:Oooops, there's a bug. You won't be able to populate Custom5 or Comment unless you replace line 201...

Dim fld : fld = Int(Left(temp,1))
...with...

Dim fld : fld = DigIt(Left(temp,1))
I'll fix this in the next version.

Great script, does exactly what I want it to do... but the trick you mention here does'nt work for me. The error is gone, but no tags are going in to my comment field. Any ideas?

trixmoto

Post by trixmoto » Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:15 am

Ok, I'll have to have a proper look when I've got some time.

molnium

Post by molnium » Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:23 am

just another message i get here:

When running mediamonkey as Administrator, everything works well with GenreFinder, but when running not as Admin, i get an error Message :
Error Message wrote:Error #424 - runtime error...
Object required: 'Confirm'
File: ...GenreFinder.vbs Line: 1921, Column: 2
so i went there in order to have a look - but this seems to be the place where the Confirm Dialogue is made...

The Account i am using has Guest rights in order to be more secure... maybe that is the reason?
On the other hand: if i set the script to not confirm everything, then GenreFinder works correctly, .... hmmm....