Genre Finder 5.0 - Updated 05/08/2012

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

adamg

Re: Genre Finder 4.9 - Updated 25/02/2011

Post by adamg »

yes. 4.0 is all i use now.
Mediamonkey Lifetime since 2012
My favorite scripts:
RegExp Find and Replace by Zvezdan http://solair.eunet.rs/~zvezdand/RegExpReplace.htm
GenreFinder by Trixmoto http://www.mediamonkey.com/addons/brows ... re-finder/
Earliest Release Date by wxdude http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =2&t=66766
MagicNodes by Zvezdan http://solair.eunet.rs/~zvezdand/MagicNodes.htm
Tagging Inconsistencies by Bex http://www.mediamonkey.com/addons/brows ... istencies/
TEdgeNYC

Post by TEdgeNYC »

Trix, thank you very much for your many contributions to the MediaMonkey community. I have used several of your scripts on a regular basis for years but this is my first time posting on the forum. I tried GenreFinder a while back but abandoned it because I didn't take the time to understand it. I recently revisited it and it is now a "must have".

After spending the last several days getting my lists sorted, I have discovered an issue. It's not a huge deal but is annoying. I would appreciate it if you would take a look at it for the next release.

Result: There "appears" to be duplicate genres in my database (e.g. Singer Songwriter and Singer Songwriter), one I added manually and one GenreFinder added. This happens for any genre in my white list that has a space in the value.

Windows 7, MediaMonkey 4

After closer inspection, I see that the genre I assigned manually has a x'20' for the space but what the GenreFinder script added has a x'A0'. This would, of course, be two seperate genre values. However, this only happens when I have ticked "Confirm each value individually?" in the options. Without ticking that box, all spaces are properly x'20'. I edited the log file in hex mode and found that this happens at confirmation time. Note- manual confirmation without ticking "Confirm each value individually?" works fine (x'20').

For now, I'm simply selecting those genres in MM and reassigning them.

Sample Log- line at 10:21:37 has x'20', line at 10:21:42 has x'A0'; x'A0' is written to database (copy/paste here didn't allow hex)

Code: Select all

10:21:37 AM Suggestions...
10:21:37 AM Multiple values...
10:21:37 AM Artist seed field is Artist (ArtistName)...
10:21:37 AM @http://ws.audioscrobbler.com/2.0/?method=track.getTopTags&api_key=6cfe51c9bf7e77d6449e63ac0db2ac24&artist=Carly+Simon&track=You%27re+So+Vain
10:21:37 AM Genre '70s' is acceptable
10:21:37 AM Genre 'Female Vocalists' is acceptable
10:21:37 AM Genre 'Pop' is acceptable
10:21:37 AM Genre 'Singer-songwriter' translated to 'Singer Songwriter'
10:21:37 AM Genre 'Rock' is acceptable
10:21:37 AM 'Carly Simon' contains artist name (Carly Simon)
10:21:37 AM Carly Simon - You're So Vain: Genre=70s; Female Vocalists; Pop; Singer Songwriter; Rock
10:21:37 AM Clearing up...
10:21:37 AM Seconds:0.09
10:21:37 AM Queries:1
10:21:37 AM Sec/Query:0.09
10:21:37 AM Confirmation...
10:21:42 AM Carly Simon - You're So Vain: Genre=70s; Female Vocalists; Pop; Singer Songwriter; Rock
Again, thanks for sharing the results of your hard work with the community!
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Ok, thanks for letting me know, definitely sounds like a bug. I'll see what I can do in the next version.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
adamg

Post by adamg »

One question...
I run GF according to the 'ARTIST MODE' but want to make one exception:
if a 'TRACK' is Christmas, I would like for it to be tagged Christmas. I cannot think of a way to do this except for using two or three different whitelists seperately:

1. First whitelist (ran first,) (listed below) would populate my entire library and be for all genres according to 'ARTIST MODE' populating the GENRE field.
2. Second whitelist (ran second and independent of the first,) would be an additional whitelist according to 'TITLE MODE' that only includes Christmas to the OCCASION field.
3. Third whitelist (ran independent of the others,) would be an additional whitelist according to 'ALBUM MODE' that also only includes Christmas to the [OCCASION] field without overwriting any populated fields.

Any suggestions, or is this the best way to do this?

here is my blacklist that i am not using presently, because i now use my whitelist (listed below.)
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 44#p320444

Below is my whitelist i use, it might not appeal to some, because i tag the genre in the rock hard format instead of the usual hard rock format, so, when i sort my library by genre, all of the parent genres are grouped together. Then i can make playlists. hope this helps someone.

Code: Select all

Acoustic,electro%acoustic=Acoustic Electro,Acoustic%guitar=Acoustic Guitar,Guitar=Acoustic Guitar,Ambient,Downtempo,down%tempo=Downtempo,downbeat=Downtempo,down%beat=Downtempo,ritual%ambient=Ambient Ritual,drone%ambient=Ambient Drone,experimental%ambient=Ambient Experimental,pop%ambient=Ambient Pop,space%ambient=Ambient Space,industrial%ambient=Ambient Industrial,ambient%industrial=Ambient Industrial,black%ambient=Ambient Black,tribal%ambient=Ambient Tribal,deep%ambient=Ambient Deep,ambient%dub=Ambient Dub,dub%Ambient=Ambient Dub,dark%ambient=Ambient Dark,Bluegrass,Appalachia=Bluegrass,gospel%bluegrass=Bluegrass Gospel,Streetgrass=Bluegrass Streetgrass,Contemporary%Bluegrass=Bluegrass Contemporary,Progressive%Bluegrass=Blues Progressive,Traditional%Bluegrass=Bluegrass Traditional,Blues,acoustic%blues=Blues Acoustic,Chicago%blues=Blues Chicago,Classic%blues=Blues Classic,Contemporary%blues=Blues Contemporary,Country%blues=Blues Country,Delta%blues=Blues Delta,Detroit%blues=Blues Detroit,Dirty%blues=Blues Dirty,East%Coast%blues=Blues East-Coast,Electric%blues=Blues Electric,Folk%blues=Blues Folk,Guitar%blues=Blues Guitar,Harmonica%blues=Blues Harmonica,Jazz%blues=Blues Jazz,Louisiana%blues=Blues Louisiana,Memphis%blues=Blues Memphis,Piano%blues=Blues Piano,Piedmont%blues=Blues Piedmont,Punk%blues=Blues Punk,revival%blues=Blues Revival,rock%blues=Blues Rock,Soul%blues=Blues Soul,Swamp%blues=Blues Swamp,Urban%blues=Blues Urban,West%Coast%blues=Blues West-Coast,Children’s,Cartoon,Disney,Fairy%Tales=Fairy Tales,Lullabies,Nursery%Rhymes=Lullabies,Read%Along%Stories=Read-Along,Sing%Along=Sing-Along,Veggie%Tales=Veggie Tales,Children's,childrens=Children's,kids=Children's,kid's=Children's,kid=Children's,Christian,Hymn,Scripture,Spoken%word=Spoken Word,Christian%blues=Christian Blues,Traditional%Gospel=Gospel Traditional,Urban%Gospel=Gospel Urban,Gospel%Choir=Gospel Choir,Instrumental%Gospel=Gospel Instrumental,Southern%Gospel=Gospel Southern,Country%Gospel=Gospel Country,Gospel%blues=Gospel Blues,rap%gospel=Gospel Rap,gospel%rap=Gospel Rap,reggae%gospel=Gospel Reggae,Christian%Acoustic=Christian Acoustic,Christian%Comedy=Christian Comedy,Christian%Contemporary=Christian Contemporary,Christian%Country=Christian Country,Christian%Dance=Christian Dance,Christian%Folk=Christian Folk,Christian%Hip%Hop=Christian Hip-Hop,Christian%Indie=Christian Indie,Christian%Industrial=Christian Industrial,Christian%Jazz=Christian Jazz,Christian%Metal=Christian Metal,Christian%Pop=Christian Pop,Christian%Punk=Christian Punk,Christian%Rap=Christian Rap,Christian%Reggae=Christian Reggae,Christian%Rock=Christian Rock,Christian%Ska=Christian Ska,Christian%Synthpop=Christian Synthpop,Christian%Underground=Christian Underground,Gospel,religious=Christian,alternative%christian=Christian Alternative,Christian%alternative=Christian Alternative,%praise%=Praise & Worship,%worship%=Praise & Worship,Praise%worship=Praise & Worship,missionary%flows=Christian Rap,Christian%rock=Christian Rock,Jesus%Movement=Christian Classic,Christiansinger%songwriter=Christian Singer-Songwriter,Christmas,%christmas%=Christmas,Classical,Symphony=Classical Symphony,Orchestra=Classical Orchestra,composer=Classical,chamber=Classical Orchestra,classical%guitar=Classical Guitar,18th%century=Classical Period,17th%century=Classical Baroque Period,Baroque=Classical Baroque Period,19th%century=Classical Romantic Period,16th%century=Classical Renaissance Period,Renaissance=Classical Renaissance Period,Comedy,Prank,Improvisation=Improv,humor=Comedy,funny=Comedy,Parody,Country~,Classic%Country=Country Traditional,Contemporary%Country=Country Contemporary,Country%Duets=Country Duets,Country%Folk=Country Folk,folk%country=Country Folk,pop%country=Country Pop,Country%Pop=Country Pop,rap%country=Country Rap,Country%Rap=Country Rap,soul%country=Country Soul,Country%Soul=Country Soul,Instrumental%Country=Country Instrumental,Progressive%Country=Country Progressive,Southern%Country=Country Southern,Traditional%Country=Country Traditional,western=CountryWestern,male%country=Country Male,cowboy%country=Country Cowboy,outlaw%country=Country Outlaw,modern%country=Country Contemporary,alternative%country=Country Alternative,alt%country=Country Alternative,Dance,Disco,euro%disco=Disco Euro,nu%disco=Disco Nu,post%disco=Disco Post,folk%dance=Dance Folk,Bhangra,Belly%Dance=Dance Belly,ballet,alternative%dance=Dance Alternative,Eurodance=Dance Euro,euro%dance=Dance Euro,dance%pop=Dance Pop,pop%dance=Dance Pop,dance%punk=Dance Punk,punk%dance=Dance Punk,Dancehall,Club,Flashdance=Dance Flash,flash%dance=Dance Flash,industrial%dance=Dance Industrial,dance%industrial=Dance Industrial,Electronic,d%b=Drum & Bass,dnb=Drum & Bass,hardstep=Drum & Bass,hard%step=Drum & Bass,dark%step=Drum & Bass,tech%step=Drum & Bass,Darkstep=Drum & Bass,techstep=Drum & Bass,broken%beat=Broken Beat,Brokenbeat=Broken Beat,Dubstep,Dub%step=Dubstep,ElectronicIndie=Electronic Indie,indie%electronic=Electronic Indie,ElectronicProgressive=Electronic Progressive,progressive%electronic=Electronic Progressive,ambient%techno=Techno Ambient,Chillout,chill=Chillout,chill-out=Chillout,Techno,techno%bass=Techno Bass,deep%techno=Techno Deep,electro%techno=Techno Electro,experimental%techno=Techno Experimental,hardcore%techno=Techno Hardcore,Breakbeat,break%beat=Breakbeat,big%beat=Breakbeat,Bigbeat=Breakbeat,turntablism=Breakbeat,scratch=Breakbeat,turntablism=Breakbeat,breakcore=Breakbeat,electronica=Electronic,Trance,ambient%trance=Trance Ambient,progressive%trance=Trance Progressive,vocal%trance=Trance Vocal,melodic%trance=Trance Melodic,psycho%trance=Trance Psycho,Folk,Contemporary%Folk=Folk Contemporary,Euro%Folk=Folk Euro,Experimental%Folk=Folk Experimental,jazz%folk=Folk Jazz,metal%folk=Folk Metal,pop%folk=Folk Pop,punk%folk=Folk Punk,Fuzz%Folk=Folk Fuzz,Indie%Folk=Folk Indie,Political%Folk=Folk Political,Progressive%Folk=Folk Progressive,Psycho%Folk=Folk Psycho,Riot%Folk=Folk Riot,Swiss%Folk=Folk Swiss,Traditional%Folk=Folk Traditional,Urban%Folk=Folk Urban,avant%folk=Folk Avant-Garde,apocalyptic%folk=Folk Apocalyptic,alternative%folk=Folk Alternative,acid%folk=Folk Acid,acoustic%folk=Folk Acoustic,Americana,English%folk=Folk English,Funk,afro%funk=Funk Afro,Deep%Funk=Funk Deep,Disco%Funk=Funk Disco,Electro%Funk=Funk Electro,Funk%Groove=Funk Groove,Jazz%Funk=Funk Jazz,Soul%Funk=Funk Soul,Swamp%Funk=Funk Swamp,Hip-Hop,Nerdcore=Hip-Hop Nerdcore,alternative%hip%hop=Hip-Hop Alternative,Hip%Hop=Hip-Hop,hiphop=Hip-Hop,Miami%Bass=Miami Bass,Booty%Bass=Booty Bass,Crunk,East%Coast%Hip%Hop=Hip-Hop East-Coast,West%Coast%Hip%Hop=Hip-Hop West-Coast,Southern%Hip%Hop=Hip-Hop Southern,dirty%south=Hip-Hop Southern,Underground%Hip%Hop=Hip-Hop Underground,jazz%hop=Hip-Hop Jazz,jazzhop=Hip-Hop Jazz,jazz%hip%hop=Hip-Hop Jazz,trip%hop=Hip-Hop Trip,electro%hip%hop=Hip-Hop Electro,instrumental%hip%hop=Hip-Hop Instrumental,International~,mambo=International Mambo,salsa=International Salsa,world%fusion=International World Fusion,%schlager=International German,tango=International Tango,Merengue=International Merengue,Mariachi=International Mariachi,Calypso=International Calypso,brazilian=International Brazilian,british=International British,cajun=International Cajun,canadian=International Canadian,caribbean=International Caribbean,celtic=International Celtic,chinese=International Chinese,cuban=International Cuban,egyptian=International Egyptian,hindi=International Hindi,jamaican=International Jamaican,latin=International Latin,native%american=International Native American,norwegian=International Norwegian,peruvian=International Peruvian,polish=International Polish,Rastafarian=Rastafari,Rastafari,Bossanova,%bossa%nova%=Bossanova,%bossanova%=Bossanova,Bolero,african=International African,asian=International Asian,afrobeat=International African,afro%beat=International African,Afro=International African,Afro%cuban=International Cuban,australian=International Australian,scottish=International Scottish,swedish=International Swedish,world=International,Bollywood,bolly=Bollywood,indian=International Indian,Jazz,swing=Jazz Swing,Jazz%Swing=Jazz Swing,swing%jazz=Jazz Swing,scat%=Jazz Vocal,Chamber%Jazz=Jazz Chamber,folk%jazz=Jazz Folk,Classic%Jazz=Jazz Classic,Contemporary%Jazz=Jazz Contemporary,Gypsy%Jazz=Jazz Gypsy,Horror%Jazz=Jazz Horror,Jazz%Fusion=Jazz Fusion,Jazz%Guitar=Jazz Guitar,Jazz%Piano=Jazz Piano,piano%jazz=Jazz Piano,guitar%jazz=Jazz Guitar,fusion%jazz=Jazz Fusion,Nu%Jazz=Jazz Nu,Orchestral%Jazz=Jazz Orchestral,Progressive%Jazz=Jazz Progressive,Soul%Jazz=Jazz Soul,Traditional%Jazz=Jazz Traditional,Vocal%Jazz=Jazz Vocal,West%Coast%Jazz=Jazz West-Coast,Big%band=Big Band,Bebop,bop=Bebop,avant%jazz=Jazz Avant-Garde,afro%jazz=Jazz Afro,acoustic%jazz=Jazz Acoustic,ambient%jazz=Jazz Ambient,acid%jazz=Jazz Acid,hot%jazz=Jazz Dixieland,smooth%jazz=Jazz Smooth,electro%jazz=Jazz Electro,dixieland=Jazz Dixieland,dixieland%jazz=Jazz Dixieland,Metal~,Grindcore,Grind%core=Grindcore,death%grind=Metal Death,deathgrind=Metal Death,Brutal%Metal=Metal Brutal,Dark%Metal=Metal Dark,Depressive%Metal=Metal Depressive,folk%metal=Metal Folk,Funk%Metal=Metal Funk,Glam%Metal=Metal Glam,Goth%Metal=Metal Gothic,Groove%Metal=Metal Groove,Horror%Metal=Metal Horror,Industrial%Metal=Metal Industrial,Nu%Metal=Metal Nu,Pagan%Metal=Metal Pagan,Pop%Metal=Metal Pop,Power%Metal=Metal Power,Psycho%Metal=Metal Psycho,Punk%Metal=Metal Punk,Rap%Metal=Metal Rap,Reggae%Metal=Metal Reggae,Sludge%Metal=Metal Sludge,Speed%Metal=Metal Speed,Stoner%Metal=Metal Stoner,Suicidal%Metal=Metal Suicidal,Techno%metal=Metal Techno,Traditional%Metal=Metal Traditional,Viking%Metal=Metal Viking,avant%metal=Metal Avant-Garde,atmospheric%metal=Metal Atmospheric,Ambient%metal=Metal Ambient,Deathcore,moshcore=Hardcore,%deathcore=Deathcore,Metalcore,math%core=Metalcore,mathcore=Metalcore,%metalcore=Metalcore,math%rock=Metalcore,death%metal=Metal Death,%black%metal=Metal Black,melodic%metal=Metal Melodic,heavy%metal=Metal Heavy,black%metal=Metal Black,death%metal=Metal Death,thrash%metal=Metal Thrash,alternative%metal=Metal Alternative,progressive%metal=Metal Progressive,Pop,EasyListening=Easy Listening,Easy%listening=Easy Listening,Teen%Pop=Pop Teen,Traditional%Pop=Pop Traditional,Vocal%Pop=Pop Vocal,Brit%Pop=Pop Brit,Chamber%Pop=Pop Chamber,Electro%Pop=Pop Electro,Emo%Pop=Pop Emo,Euro%Pop=Pop Euro,Indie%Pop=Pop Indie,Instrumental%Pop=Pop Instrumental,Jazz%Pop=Pop Jazz,Noise%Pop=Pop Noise,Orchestral%Pop=Pop Orchestral,soul%pop=Pop Soul,underground%pop=Pop Underground,Pop%Underground=Pop Underground,Power%Pop=Pop Power,Psycho%Pop=Pop Psycho,Punk%Pop=Pop Punk,Reggae%Pop=Pop Reggae,Swamp%Pop=Pop Swamp,Chillwave,Ballad,%ballad%=Ballad,avant%pop=Pop Avant-Garde,art%pop=Pop Art,ambient%pop=Pop Ambient,acoustic%pop=Pop Acoustic,afro%pop=Pop Afro,alternative%pop=Pop Alternative,boybands=Boy Bands,boy%band%=Boy Bands,boy%band=Boy Bands,girlbands=Girl Bands,girl%band%=Girl Bands,girl%band=Girl Bands,folk%pop=Pop Folk,PopSynth=Pop Synth,synth%pop=Pop Synth,technopop=Pop Techno,techno%pop=Pop Techno,indie%pop=Pop Indie,twee=Pop Indie,twee%=Pop Indie,Punk,new%rave=Punk New Rave,nu%rave=Punk New Rave,Ska=Punk Ska,ska%punk=Punk Ska,Death%Punk=Punk Death,folk%punk=Punk Folk,Garage%Punk=Punk Garage,melodic%hardcore=Punk Hardcore,Hardcore%Punk=Punk Hardcore,post%hardcore=Punk Hardcore,Horror%Punk=Punk Horror,Melodic%Punk=Punk Melodic,Political Punk=Punk Political,Ska%Punk=Punk Ska,Street%Punk=Punk Street,,acoustic%punk=Punk Acoustic,art%punk=Punk Art,alternative%punk=Punk Alternative,new%wave=Punk Newwave,new%romantic=Punk Newwave,Darkwave=Punk Darkwave,Dark%wave=Punk Darkwave,post%punk=Punk Post,jazz%punk=Punk Jazz,pop%punk=Punk Pop,indie%punk=Punk Indie,R&B,motown=Soul,rnb=R&B,R%b=R&B,Rhythm%Blues=R&B,Rythm%Blues=R&B,Soul,acoustic%soul=Soul Acoustic,contemporary%r%b=R&B Contemporary,Chicago%Soul=Soul Chicago,Deep%Soul=Soul Deep,Gospel%Soul=Soul Gospel,Memphis%Soul=Soul Memphis,Northern%Soul=Soul Northern,Philadelphia%Soul=Soul Philadelphia,Psycho%Soul=Soul Psycho,Pop%Soul=Soul Pop,Retro%Soul=Soul Retro,Rap~,Comedy%Rap=Rap Comedy,Death%Rap=Rap Death,Dirty%Rap=Rap Dirty,East%Coast%Rap=Rap East-Coast,Gangsta%Rap=Rap Gangsta,Garage%Rap=Rap Garage,Hardcore%Rap=Rap Hardcore,Horror%Rap=Rap Horror,Jazz%Rap=Rap Jazz,Louisiana%Rap=Rap Southern,Memphis%Rap=Rap Southern,Political%Rap=Rap Political,Pop%Rap=Rap Pop,Psycho%Rap=Rap Psycho,Rapcore,Southern%Rap=Rap Southern,Underground%Rap=Rap Underground,West%Coast%Rap=Rap West-Coast,alternative%rap=Rap Alternative,Reggae,Ragga,Raggamuffin=Ragga,Dub,Contemporary%Reggae=Reggae Contemporary,Political%Reggae=Reggae Political,Reggaeton,Roots%Reggae=Reggae Roots,Smooth%Reggae=Reggae Smooth,Rock~,Psychobilly,oi=Rock Punk,oi%=Rock Punk,ambient%rock=Rock Ambient,art%rock=Rock Art,acoustic%rock=Rock Acoustic,acid%rock=Rock Acid,Aggressive%Rock=Rock Aggressive,Alternative%Rock=Rock Alternative,rock%alternative=Rock Alternative,Aussie%Rock=Rock Aussie,Chicago%Rock=Rock Chicago,Classic%Rock=Rock Classic,College%Rock=Rock College,Comedy%Rock=Rock Comedy,Corporate%Rock=Rock Corporate,Country%Rock=Rock Country,Crunk%Rock=Rock Crunk,Dance%Rock=Rock Dance,Depressive%Rock=Rock Depressive,Detroit%Rock=Rock Detroit,Electro%Rock=Rock Electro,emo%=Rock Emo,emocore=Rock Emo,screamo=Rock Emo,Euro%Rock=Rock Euro,Experimental%Rock=Rock Experimental,Folk%Rock=Rock Folk,Frat%Rock=Rock Frat,Funk%Rock=Rock Funk,Garage%Rock=Rock Garage,Geek%Rock=Rock Geek,Glam%Rock=Rock Glam,glam=Rock Glam,gothic=Rock Gothic,goth=Rock Gothic,Goth%Rock=Rock Gothic,gothic%rock=Rock Gothic,grunge%rock=Rock Grunge,%grunge=Rock Grunge,grunge=Rock Grunge,post%grunge=Rock Grunge,hard%rock=Rock Hard,Happy%Rock=Rock Happy,%hardcore=Rock Hardcore,hardcore=Rock Hardcore,Heartland%Rock=Rock Heartland,Heavy%Rock=Rock Heavy,Horror%Rock=Rock Horror,Indie%Rock=Rock Indie,Industrial%Rock=Rock Industrial,Instrumental%Rock=Rock Instrumental,Jazz%Rock=Rock Jazz,Krautrock=Rock Kraut,Kraut%Rock=Rock Kraut,Lovers%Rock=Rock Lovers,Mellow%Rock=Rock Mellow,Melodic%Rock=Rock Melodic,Noise%Rock=Rock Noise,Piano%Rock=Rock Piano,Pop%Rock=Rock Pop,Post%Rock=Rock Post,Progressive%Rock=Rock Progressive,Psycho%Rock=Rock Psycho,Pub%Rock=Rock Pub,Punk%Rock=Rock Punk,Rap%Rock=Rock Rapcore,Rapcore=Rock Rapcore,Retro%Rock=Rock Retro,Rock%Roll=Rock & Roll,jazz%Rock=Rock Jazz,rock%billy=Rockabilly,Rockabilly,rock%jazz=Rock Jazz,opera%rock=Rock Opera,Rock%Opera=Rock Opera,Roots%Rock=Rock Roots,shoegaze%rock=Rock Shoegaze,Soft%Rock=Rock Soft,Southern%Rock=Rock Southern,Space%Rock=Rock Space,Stoner%Rock=Rock Stoner,Surf%Rock=Rock Surf,Symphonic%Rock=Rock Symphonic,Synth%Rock=Rock Synth,Traditional%Rock=Rock Traditional,Yacht%Rock=Rock Yacht,Special Interest~,%cabaret%=Cabaret,Documentary,Educational,Instructional=Educational,Poetry=Narrative,Self%Help=Self-Help,Exercise,Fight%Songs=Fight Songs,Fitness,Sports,Computer%Music=Computer Music,Game%Sounds=Video Game,Interview,Karaoke,Narrative,Radio%Shows=Radio Shows,Sound%Effects=Sound Effects,Speech=Narrative,Talk=Narrative,Television,Video%Game=Video Game,Theme%Song=Theme Songs,Theme%songs=Theme Songs,Film,Movie%Score%Composers=Film,Musical%Theater=Musicals,Musicals,One%Hit%Wonder=One Hit Wonders,One%hit%wonders=One Hit Wonders,Showtunes=Film,Marches=Military,Military,Patriotic,Wartime=Military,Circus,Halloween=Holiday Halloween,Holiday,Meditation,Nature,Wedding,Yodeling,Trumpet,Ukulele,Violin,Cello,Clarinet,Fiddle,Harmonica,Harp,Mandolin,Pan Flute,Percussion,Saxophone,Banjo,Bagpipe,Anime,anime%=Anime,Accordion,%book%=Audio Book,Instrumental,Piano,Shanties,shanty=Shanties,szanty=Shanties,chanty=Shanties,Vocal,Opera,doo%wop=Doo-Wop,doowop=Doo Wop,Chant,Gregorian%chant=Chant Gregorian,Beatbox,%beatbox%=Beatbox,Acappella,%cappella=Acappella,%capella=Acappella,accapella=Acappella,Choral,Uncatagorized~,adult%alternative=Adult Alternative,%Songwriter=Singer-Songwriter,avante%garde=Avant-Garde,Avant%garde=Avant-Garde,female%vocalists=Female Vocalists,female%vocalist=Female Vocalists,guitar%virtuoso=Guitar Virtuoso,male%vocalists=Male Vocalists,male%vocalist=Male Vocalists,crossover=Fusion,Fusion,Mellow,new%age=New Age,Ethereal,Mashup,mash%up=Mashup,bootleg=Mashup,mashup%=Mashup,mash%up%=Mashup,blend=Mashup,
Last edited by adamg on Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My favorite scripts:
RegExp Find and Replace by Zvezdan http://solair.eunet.rs/~zvezdand/RegExpReplace.htm
Earliest Release Date by wxdude http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =2&t=66766
Tagging Inconsistencies by Bex http://www.mediamonkey.com/addons/brows ... istencies/
TEdgeNYC

Post by TEdgeNYC »

adamg:
First whitelist, (listed below) would be for all genres according to ARTIST MODE populating the GENRE field.
Second whitelist, would be an additional whitelist, ran at the same time, according to 'TITLE MODE' that only includes Christmas to the OCCASION field.
If you use multiple white lists, all it does is combine all lists provided as if they were one big list. Lists are not specific to the mode (track/album/artist) you are currently running. They can be made somewhat specific based on the values you include in your list (e.g only listing artist names) but they are still used for any mode you are currently running for.
Second whitelist, would be an additional whitelist, ran at the same time, according to 'TITLE MODE' that only includes Christmas to the OCCASION field.
You can only run one mode at a time (set in the options panel). Also, you can only write to one field at a time.
Any suggestions, or is this the best way to do this?
If you have "use top results" in the options panel set to 1, it is only going to give you the most popular tag. If it is more than one, you have a better chance of getting Christmas if the most popular tag for that song is Instrumental or Vocal, etc.

I would set "use top results" to a larger number and run the script. Then, I would do a search in MM for Genre=Christmas. Select all, edit, and make occasion=Christmas. If you don't want Christmas in your genre list, you could then go to genres in the tree, highlight the genre, hit F2 to change the name, backspace, and enter. The genre is now gone.

Another option could be to run Genre Finder multiple times with different settings and white lists. This would require you to change the options for each run. If you are running for a large number of tracks, this also doubles your "track" processing time. The first option would be much quicker.
...i tag the genre in the rock hard format instead of the usual hard rock format, so, when i sort my library by genre, all of the parent genres are grouped together.
I do exactly the same thing in the style of genre-sub genre
adamg

Post by adamg »

TEdgeNYC:
I would do a search in MM for Genre=Christmas. Select all, edit, and make occasion=Christmas.
good idea, but, i like to default tag everything under the 'artist mode'. And many artists will have standard songs and christmas songs, therefore the few christmas songs the artist will have would be lumped in with the standard artist genres. tracks will not be tagged at all with christmas but will be tagged under their standard. (ex: martina mcbride would be tagged under variations of country rather than variations of country with a few christmas mixed in there.) So i am trying :
run Genre Finder multiple times with different settings and white lists. This would require you to change the options for each run. If you are running for a large number of tracks, this also doubles your "track" processing time. The first option would be much quicker.
If you don't want Christmas in your genre list, you could then go to genres in the tree, highlight the genre, hit F2 to change the name, backspace, and enter. The genre is now gone.
didn't know you could do this via the tree and F2.
Thanks for tips.
My favorite scripts:
Mars74

Post by Mars74 »

Hello Trix,

First, thanks for all your scripts, which I use on a regular basis.
I had to reinstall MM recently, (latest V4 version), & genre finder doesn't work anymore. Actually, I can see a little message in the status bar 'Genre finder : Script Initialising', & nothing more ; MM gets stuck.
I tried to change the log level, but couldn't find any log file after ...

Thanks in advance for your kind help.
Watchman

Post by Watchman »

I spend a few hours to understand this Genre Finder and try it but i give it up.

The things what i can't change is for example: songs with genre love ( it should be lovesongs ), i get Rnb, R & B and r&b as genre. I wanna make it as R&B.
I have Classic Rock, Hardrock. Wanna make it all Rock.

An cd from Dean Martin was the genre before Oldies but a few songs became now Swing. What is Swing?

maybe somebody can help me with this.
Thx alot
tommycrock

Post by tommycrock »

Watchman wrote:The things what i can't change is for example: songs with genre love ( it should be lovesongs ), i get Rnb, R & B and r&b as genre. I wanna make it as R&B....
You need a whitelist - lots of examples in this thread but they will allow you to specify what values you allow and how they are interpreted. e.g. R%b=R&B. An example of a small one is here. If you want it to do exactly what you want you'll have to customise it.
Watchman wrote:What is Swing?
A genre (sub-genre of jazz)
Watchman

Post by Watchman »

Tank you so much...It was a great help for me...it is running how i want it.

It looks so easy and maybe it is....
mkny13

Post by mkny13 »

So I'd like to be as inclusive as possible, and include results for a track based on Artist, Album, AND Song tags. Any advice on how to add tags without overwriting what's already in a field? It occurred ot me that I might be able to dump the tags into a different custom field and then use the Simple Append script, which I already have installed, but that will only take a text input, it won't append one field to another.
kspanks04

Post by kspanks04 »

I can't seem to get a grip on the translation bit.

I'm trying to make it so that Hip Hop becomes Hip-Hop, but when I do this:

*+Hip Hop=Hip-Hop

It stops when it finds Hip Hop.

Example:

Electronic, Hip Hop, Rap

becomes...

Electronic, Hip-Hop

Whats going on?
tommycrock

Post by tommycrock »

mkny13 wrote:So I'd like to be as inclusive as possible, and include results for a track based on Artist, Album, AND Song tags. Any advice on how to add tags without overwriting what's already in a field? It occurred ot me that I might be able to dump the tags into a different custom field and then use the Simple Append script, which I already have installed, but that will only take a text input, it won't append one field to another.
Use the Append new values to old values? option.
kspanks04 wrote:Electronic, Hip Hop, Rap

becomes...

Electronic, Hip-Hop

Whats going on?
Might you have 2 in the use top results box?
mkny13

Post by mkny13 »

tommycrock wrote:
mkny13 wrote:So I'd like to be as inclusive as possible, and include results for a track based on Artist, Album, AND Song tags. Any advice on how to add tags without overwriting what's already in a field? It occurred ot me that I might be able to dump the tags into a different custom field and then use the Simple Append script, which I already have installed, but that will only take a text input, it won't append one field to another.
Use the Append new values to old values? option.
Not seeing that option--guess I have an out of date version. Is there a MM3 compatible version that has that feature (or will the latest version work with v3?)?
tommycrock

Post by tommycrock »

I would assume that since it was released a year ago it's MM3 compatible. You could always try.