Genre Finder 5.0 - Updated 05/08/2012

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

mahoney

Post by mahoney »

Hello,
i installed your script, but where can i find an button or anything else ? :-?
It is installed and shown in extensions, but i cant find it in any menu.

In advance i will say sorry, I think I am blind ! :roll: :oops:

Post by Guest »

baker

Post by baker »

trixmoto wrote: - Added option to add tracks with unknown values to specified playlist
Excellent. Works like a charm Trix but where is this?
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Well it only works in Track mode. When you select track mode, a new field appears in the option sheet allowing you to specify a playlist.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
sommo

Post by sommo »

Thanks for this!

Error

Post by Guest »

This script is exactly what I need! Only, I couldn't get it to work.

I'm able to see the confirmation screen listing the desired changes. But when I click OK, I get these messages:

http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/6126/15in5.jpg

http://img503.imageshack.us/img503/3284/16pv4.jpg

Thoughts?

Thanks!
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Oh, well I've not seen that before in this script, but I have seen it in another one so I do know how to fix it. I'll try to get it sorted for you and release another version soon.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.

Post by Guest »

Well, I turned off the confirmation screen, and the script worked fine. Just an FYI, for ya. Now, it's working as intended! Thanks so much for a great script!
baker

Post by baker »

Hey Trix, I was wondering if it would be possible to get the number of listeners for an artist or track and put it in a custom field?

Also, is there anyway to get the white list to use the genre field when updating a custom field?

Thx a lot!
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

1) Well the data is there, but not where this script currently looks for it. That's a different Last.Fm service. So a script could be written, but I don't think it'll be part of this one.

2) Not currently possible, and might be hard to define in data (could make setup difficult for users) but I'll look into it.
baker

Post by baker »

Ok, just have to wait for that. Would be pretty cool though to be able to sort by popularity.

Anyway, I am also wondering about the min match feature when tagging by track. As I understand it, if I have it set to 30% it will only return tags that have been used by at least 30% of the listeners for that song. If I am also using the multi-tag feature, shouldn't it then return a maximum of 3 tags/track? That is, I don't think there should be more than three tags that can be used by 30% of a song's listener base. For many tracks I am getting 5+ tags which I believe means there are at least five different tags each being used by 30% of the listeners. Is this possible? Thx again and again.
baker

Post by baker »

I just noticed that when I batch a large number of tracks it will skip many tracks or artists that are selected. So that I have to go back and rerun the script for those tracks. This has happened twice. Once when I ran it on about 5000 tracks by artist and another on over 20000 by artist. I have used it without incident on batches of 1000-2000 so it seems to only occur above that amount.
Chake

Post by Chake »

Hi there, i like this script very much - but it's not possible to select any other Run Mode than Track for me. can you help me why?

thanks in advance

€dit:
Disabled artist and album mode in MM3 to make compatible
Sorry - I was blind ;)

Is there any idea when this will be fixed? MM3 ist quite complete for me now - genre finder would make it perfect :D
baker

Post by baker »

Here's another idea, if you're interested. It would be great if GF could identify the album for each track. It would be a little complicated but lastfm gives the albums a track appears on. Perhaps GF could check these albums for the one with the oldest release date and then tag the original album, year and album art? That would be amazing.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

@baker -
1) As a user can apply multiple tags to a track, it is more than possible to get more than 5 tracks with 30%.
2) Are you sure it's missing out tracks which are then completed later? I would expect some tracks to be missed out because results cannot be found, but not otherwise.
3) Nice idea, but a little complicated for this script as it would need multiple calls to Last.Fm - but another script could be written to do this.

@Chake - I'm learning the ins and outs of SQLite at the moment so this script certainly will be updated to have these two modes working in MM3, but I can't say when. Lots of scripts to do! :)