Genre Finder 5.0 - Updated 05/08/2012

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

wolf_rt

Re: Genre Finder 4.6 - Updated 20/07/2010

Post by wolf_rt »

I used this script with goot results, once i got a good whitelist worked out.
What i needed while i was making a whitelist was this... http://www.last.fm/charts/toptags
A list of all the most used tags rated by size of the writing :roll:

this would have greatly simplified the process of designing a whitelist, so i thaught it was worth linking to here.
jonp

Post by jonp »

Thanks for the link wolf_rt.
tim

Post by tim »

Do spaces not work in whitelist values?

For instance, I'm trying:

Liquid Funk=Drum and Bass

but Liquid Funk is still getting through. If I do Liquid%Funk=Drum and Bass it successfully changes it, but this solution doesn't work for mappings such as:

Atmospheric Drum and Bass=Drum and Bass

as I can seemingly only use the % wildcard in pre-defined ways (i.e. once in the middle, or at the beginning and end). Am I missing something?

Great work on the plugin by the way, does exactly what I want otherwise.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Well spaces should work, I'll have to investigate and get back to you.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Jeesssyyyy

Post by Jeesssyyyy »

Excuse me for my ignorance, but where can I download this script?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Jeesssyyyy

Post by Jeesssyyyy »

Thanks!
consultant

Re: Genre Finder - How to Populate Mood/Tempo?

Post by consultant »

I was experimenting and I added Mood in the Updated list with no black/white list. All it does it populate the Mood with the genre. Does the program read mood and tempo from the last.fm database and if so, how do I populate those values into the track tags?
consultant

Post by consultant »

I see the issue is I need to white list so only mood-type values get populated. I used an earlier posters white list, but it only tags a few tracks and then I removed the white list and saw that there are other moods it brings in that weren't in the list below. Does anyone have a good whitelist for mood that grabs all moods and maybe even on some genres translates them, like Dance=Energetic? A default white list for the mood would be a great thing to add to the script.

Atmos%=Atmospheric,Happy,Chill%=Chill,Energetic,Fun,Gentle,Groovy,Sad,Tranquil,Mellow,Upbeat,Wild,Drunk,Sleep%=Sleepy,Melanchol%=Melancholy,Moody,Lonely,Bored,
Feelgood,Introspecitve,Ironic,Lively,Morose,Playful,Quiet,Reflective,Romantic,Soft,Soothing,Sophisticated,Summer%=Summer,Autumn%=Autumn,Spring%=Spring,Winter,Uplifting,
Wild,Desperate,Intimate,Bittersweet,Bright,Calm,Comatose,Comforting,Confident,Dark,Depressing,Elegant,Emotional,Enigmatic,Dream
consultant

Post by consultant »

Well, I set the script to match the top 6 for mood, then used the Magic Tree Node plug-in to go through the list of all the values to pick out the moods, and then did some consolidation based on my personal preference. Either Genre Finder doesn't read the Mood from last.fm or there is a lot of cross-population of genres into the Mood tag on last.fm. Whatever the case, if someone runs into the same issue as me, here's my best stab at pulling out the moods using the following mood White List:

Ambient%=Ambient,Aggravat%=Angry,Annoyed=Angry,Cranky=Angry,Crappy=Angry,Enraged=Angry,Frustrated=Angry,Grumpy=Angry,Infuriated=Angry,Irate=Angry,Irritated=Angry,Mad=Angry,Pessimistic=Angry,Pissed off=Angry,Apolog%=Sorry,Atmos%=Atmospheric,Autumn%=Autumn,Eccentric=Crazy,Bouncy=Dance,Dancer=Dance,Dancin%=Dance,Drive=Driving,Night Driving=Driving,Lively=Energetic,Party=Energetic,Playful=Energetic,Refreshed=Energetic,Comed%=Funny,Hilarious=Funny,Humor%=Funny,Silly=Funny,Goth%=Gothic,Blissful=Happy,Cheerful=Happy,Content=Happy,Ecstatic=Happy,Giddy=Happy,Giggly=Happy,Loved=Happy,Optimistic=Happy,Pleased=Happy,Relieved=Happy,Satisfied=Happy,Thankful=Happy,Confident=Hyped,Determin%=Hyped,Excited=Hyped,Hyper=Hyped,About Love=Love,Love Songs=Love,Calm=Relaxed,Chill%=Relaxed,Easy Listening=Relaxed,Laid Back=Relaxed,Mellow=Relaxed,Peaceful=Relaxed,Quiet=Relaxed,Relax%=Relaxed,Sleep%=Relaxed,Smooth%=Relaxed,Soothing=Relaxed,Tired=Relaxed,Tranquil=Relaxed,Alone=Sad,Crushed=Sad,Depress%=Sad,Discontent=Sad,Gloomy=Sad,Lonely=Sad,Melanchol%=Sad,Morose=Sad,Rejected=Sad,Afrodisi%=Sexy,Dirty=Sexy,Erotic%=Sexy,Intimate=Sexy,Naughty=Sexy,Romantic=Sexy,Sex=Sexy,Sing-a%=Sing Along,Singen=Sing Along,Songs You Must Sing%=Sing Along,Dream%=Spacey,Groggy=Spacey,High=Spacey,Lazy=Spacey,Lethargic=Spacey,Listless=Spacey,Surreal=Spacey,Spring%=Spring,Summer%=Summer,Exhausted=Tired,Comfort%=Uplifting,Upbeat=Uplifting,Winter%=Winter,Angry,Crazy,Dance,Dark,Driving,Drunk,Emotional,Energetic,Fun,Funky,Funny,Groovy,Happy,Impressed,Love,Relaxed,Sad,Sexy,Sing Along,Uplifting,Wild,Sorry
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Last.Fm doesn't have genres and moods, it just has tags. This script separates the tags into genres and moods only if you specify suitable lists.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
DocMAX

Post by DocMAX »

one little question: when searching in "track" mode, what does the script transmit to last.fm, when track names are the same?
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

It submits the artist name and the track name.
andersion

Post by andersion »

Hello Guys,
I want to organize my iTunes and fix them by genre, but there too many genres; I dont know how to identify each one!
If you type the artist, it will show all their albums and each genre.
However some occasionally come up as genre: N/A.
But there should be at least one album per band with a listed genre.
music genre lists
Zuil

Post by Zuil »

Trix - first a big thanks for both this script and so many other ones I use regularly. They are a primary reason for me using MM for years (and paying for a full version).

An error report and a request for your great GenreFinder script. First, the error - everything works fine if I choose to modify any field except 'Grouping'. When I try to change Grouping I get the following error message:

The request - I think GenreFinder could be a terrific tool for not only adding Genres to songs that have none, but also for enriching the tags we already have in place - to do this, however, we would need to be able to 'add' or 'append' to the existing tags and not just replace them. (i.e., an option to append whatever tags aren't already in the field and leave the existing ones as they are).