Page 5 of 65

Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 6:01 am
by trixmoto
This is a more complex version of a previous suggestion. I've got an idea which I'll try to implement for the next version! :)

Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:57 am
by trixmoto
New version (2.0) is now available from my website. This list of changes is small, but the update is HUGE...

- Added translation option to whitelist
- Added run mode options "Albums" and "Artists"
- Added extra log level with even more messaging
- Added options to update multiple fields at once

The translation is done by having an equals (=) in the list, like this... "Pop,RandB=RnB,Rock".

Running this script with the log level above 1 will seriously slow down the process, leave it at 0 unless you wish to have a trace of what the script updated.

The album mode loops through all the tracks until there is a concensus, which is often after 2 or 3 tracks so it is normally quicker and means that all tracks are tagged with the same genre.

Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:31 am
by durden999uk
Hey trix, this looks great, especially the option to tag artist or album as well as individual tracks. Looking forward to giving it a try later today... :D

Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:12 pm
by Vyper
Okay, what am I doing wrong? I can't make it put anything in the Genre field.

In the options, I have the genre field selected and none for white/black lists.

Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:54 pm
by trixmoto
That's very strange. Which mode are you using? Maybe you could set your log level to 3 and email me the logfile?

Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:39 pm
by Vyper
Here are my settings (before I changed the logfile setting):


Image


Logfile on its way.

Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:10 pm
by trixmoto
Looking at your logfile I can see that the script is working perfectly, however your artist "5th Dimension (The)" is not recognised by Last.Fm so the script is getting no results. Renaming the artist to "The 5th Dimension" does return results, but this probably isn't what you want to hear! :)

I might have to see if I can come up with a set of rules which helps to "fix" artists like this before making the call to Last.Fm.

Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:36 pm
by Vyper
Cool. Thanks for checking it out for me and letting me know what the problem was. :D

Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:51 pm
by Big_Berny
Isn't this script anymore supported by MM 3.0? 1.1 worked fine...

Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:54 pm
by trixmoto
Nope, sorry. I needed to use SQL to update all the tracks by the artist, or on the album, so now it is not compatible. Well, the Tracks mode should be.

Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:50 pm
by durden999uk
The script works brilliantly trix, and I'm not left with a different genre per track as with earlier versions. One comment: the approximate times given (for tagging based on artist, anyway) are quite inaccurate. They are based on the assumption that there will be one track per artist, which of course is not the case. So the 15 mins for 861 artists was more like 3 hours. Not a complaint, but maybe something small to tweak in a later version. That aside, great work and thanks again.

Posted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:18 am
by trixmoto
I should actually take this warning out completely. It's calculated based on the fact that the script limits the queries to Last.Fm to only one per second - this is so that they don't ban your IP address for overloading their server. However, now there is so much processing done in the background that it's very rare that the script is ever delayed by this fact, and I can't estimate the processing time! :)

Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:46 pm
by Eyal
Excellent script Trixmoto.
Just what I was looking for.

Thank you.

Posted: Tue May 01, 2007 3:25 am
by trixmoto
Glad you like! :D

Posted: Tue May 08, 2007 12:47 pm
by trixmoto
New version (2.1) is now available to download from my website.

I've removed the time warning as this was so inaccurate. I've also updated the method used to encode the Last.Fm query so more results should be found, especially with "foreign" artists.