Adding Last Fm Plays from textfile 0.1

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

onkel_enno

Post by onkel_enno »

Mthrsuperior wrote:sorry if I'm hijacking here BUT:
My dream is to be able to ditch my iPod firmware and use http://www.rockbox.org/ on my iPod.
What keeps me from doing this is that Rockbox doesn't keep a play count database that MM can read and this is important to me as all my playlists are dependant on play counts and last played dates.
Rockbox does however make a txt file of songs played for uploading to last.fm.
You can all do that with rockbox.
You can update your MM-Playcounts with the playcounts of your rockbox with my SansaMonkey. It's designed for Sandisk Sansas, but as you are using Rockbox, you can use it too.
You can also upload the .scrobbler.log from rockbox with it.
Gurb

Post by Gurb »

Spazz wrote:Alright, I used the perl script posted here to make the text file but I get an error whenever I try to use it. I am selecting a series of songs and then activating the script through the tools menu. I get this error.

"There was a problem querying the database:
Error executing SQL " UPDATE Songs INNER JOIN Artists ON Songs.IDArtist =Artists.ID Set Songs.PLaycounter = 5 WHERE Songs.Songtitle = '...but home is nowhere' AND Artists.Artist = 'AFI'
" : near "INNER" : syntax error (1, 1)"

If I have nothing selected and I activate the script, I get a blank information box with a blank button to press which does nothing. :(

Any ideas on what's causing this?

::edit:: A second error pops up directly after the first referring to line 62, column 15
I get the same error...maybe this script is not suitable for MM3?

It's a shame though, I'd like this to work too, as I lost all play counts recently
m0nkiii

Post by m0nkiii »

Gurb wrote:
Spazz wrote:Alright, I used the perl script posted here to make the text file but I get an error whenever I try to use it. I am selecting a series of songs and then activating the script through the tools menu. I get this error.

"There was a problem querying the database:
Error executing SQL " UPDATE Songs INNER JOIN Artists ON Songs.IDArtist =Artists.ID Set Songs.PLaycounter = 5 WHERE Songs.Songtitle = '...but home is nowhere' AND Artists.Artist = 'AFI'
" : near "INNER" : syntax error (1, 1)"

If I have nothing selected and I activate the script, I get a blank information box with a blank button to press which does nothing. :(

Any ideas on what's causing this?

::edit:: A second error pops up directly after the first referring to line 62, column 15
I get the same error...maybe this script is not suitable for MM3?

It's a shame though, I'd like this to work too, as I lost all play counts recently
I probably won't work with MM3. I did it for MM2 back in the days :P
Gurb

Post by Gurb »

m0nkiii wrote:
I probably won't work with MM3. I did it for MM2 back in the days :P
Any chance of giving it a go in MM3? :roll: