Duplicate Report 3.0 [MM2+3]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

trixmoto

Re: Duplicate Report 3.0 [MM2+3]

Post by trixmoto »

Yes, I could add a duplicate matching feature to my "MusicIP Tagger" script. I would prefer to wait until MM can handle the PUID tag rather than hijacking a custom field or something though.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
AWD_Guy

Post by AWD_Guy »

Dup report already hijacks a field, so what is another field amongst friends? What are the Custom fields for if we don't use them? Just let us choose which like Dup Report already does.

At least we are not talking about using the comment field like other library management SW does. ;)
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

It's on my list. :)
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
AWD_Guy

Post by AWD_Guy »

In the meantime, I just noticed that some of the songs it is asking to tag are way out of my tolerance range of 5 seconds. Songs that are a minute different in length are still being displayed/flagged!

They appear to be meet other criteria and it marks both as soft, but why are they displayed at all?

It also does not differentiate two separate groups of a similar song when times are different. 2 songs named the same around 3:05 and two more with the same name around 4:15 should not be lumped together with one auto and 3 dupes.

Is there any way to pause playback once it starts from clicking the title? All the controls in MM appear to be locked while the report is displayed.

Edit:

Figured out that keyboard shortcuts still work for pause/play: Ctrl-P
chrish

Crash when deleting dupes...

Post by chrish »

Just wondering if anyones had problems with MM crashing when Duplicate Report attempts to delete dupes. I am attempting to delete several thousand files from an external hard drive but seem to have the same problem when attempting to delete around a hundred. Basically MM freezes after I click to delete the files from my computer and Task Manager tells me the CPU is thrashing at 100%. Any help most welcome.
Doesn't show in script list

Post by Doesn't show in script list »

I've tried installing this several times, as admin, too. I can't find where to access this script. It's not in my script list like the others I've installed. I really need to get rid of duplicates. MM's auto-organize function doubled every file on me.

Also, Art finder seems to crash out whenever I have all my files selected (2100 albums).

Using windows 7 64 bit
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

This is a report and can therefore be found in the "File" menu.
Thanks

Post by Thanks »

Cool. Found it.
Krachyon

Post by Krachyon »

Great Job with the plugin, only thing lacking that comes to mind is an option to also discover filenames with additional text, eg. "songtitle" and "songtitleremixsupernewversion" would be recognized.
Milagro

Post by Milagro »

I can not find the option for "Duplicate Repor" in my menu.
I get a install error but the module is visible in the extension menu.

I am running MM 3.2.1 whit AdvancedDuplicateFindFix.3.6.2 Lyricator / SongPreviewer and SqlViewer.2.4 on Win7 64bit
And the option is not available in the "Choose Tree Nodes" option
Image (http://www.tiikoni.com/tis/view/?id=a25da92)
Last edited by Milagro on Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

This script should appear in "File > Create reports > Duplicate Report".
eb2phkingood

Re:

Post by eb2phkingood »

trixmoto wrote:I'll look at added an option to control that as well.
windows 7 64 bit ultimate. mm latest stable version (gold) i added the duplicat report, and followed the instructions which say to go to file>create reports> but then mine doesnt say anything about duplicates......

SOLVED: ONLY WORKS WHEN I RUN MM AS ADMINISTRATOR. THANKS!
Luk

Post by Luk »

Great script ! Thanks to anyone who wrote this !
Lex

Post by Lex »

Hi, This is a great script. Thanks trix and skywave. A couple quick questions:

1) Like some of the other users, I'm having problems with the "time" based matches. I keep my time tolerance to 1 or 2 but still tracks that are much different in length continue to be grouped together. Am I doing something wrong?

2) Is there a way to combine Title + Track + Artist + Album? Using either Title or Track + A + A, I often get false positives for Dupes. Being able to combine with Title and Track based similarity would really reduce the number of those false positives I think.

3) On that note, when I use Track + Artist+ Album searches, the report returns matches for songs with blank track numbers, usually marking one in the group to keep and the rest to delete. These songs often have very different titles. Is there either a way to have the report ignore songs with blank track fields or take into account the title as well?

Thanks again for this great tool!

Lex
peppergomez

Post by peppergomez »

Hey all,

Pretty new to MM, and just read this thread. I have a very large collection (300,000+ mp3 files), with about 65,000 duplicates (from having consolidated multiple mp3 folders from multiple hard drives onto a single 2TB external harddrive).

This script looks great, but one question I have is this:

After scanning and locating duplicate tracks, is there an option that will allow me to remove all duplicates (from both MM library and from hard drive) en masse/at once? I cannot see myself manually clicking "Delete" for 65,000+ duplicate tracks.

Also, I've read a few posts that describe MM crashing when using this script to delete a lot of duplicate files at once, and was curious if this is a) a commonly known problem, b) something the script author is working on correcting.

Thanks in advance, both to the author of this script and to those of you who can address these questions.

Pepper