MM3 and scripts

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

SCROFT

MM3 and scripts

Post by SCROFT » Wed May 30, 2007 7:05 pm

I am new around here and through trial and error found a few scripts that do work with MM3.

Would be awesome if someone who know the ins and outs of scripts post an all scripts for MM3 topic like the stickied one currently in this forum.

I would be willing to help test or weed out if needed... but figured someone around here is in the know and would be able to plow through it easier.

-SCROFT

pah68

Post by pah68 » Wed May 30, 2007 7:10 pm

As MM3 is still an alpha and the final database layout hasn't been decided upon yet, it's a pointless exercise.....for now

nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 » Wed May 30, 2007 7:46 pm

pah68 wrote:As MM3 is still an alpha and the final database layout hasn't been decided upon yet, it's a pointless exercise.....for now
Not necessarily as some scripts don't need to access the database. Steegy's minilyrics embedder comes to mind, although I don't know if that is MM3 compatible or not.

Steegy

Post by Steegy » Wed May 30, 2007 8:54 pm

I assume this request is "scripts repository" related so here's an answer:
it is coming.
:)
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).

trixmoto

Post by trixmoto » Thu May 31, 2007 5:01 am

Yeah, the new MM3 "extensions" functionality should cover this completely. Scripters not only don't know the final database layout of MM3, but we don't know about any changes to the access methods and events. There's no point spending lots of time guessing!
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.

SCROFT

Post by SCROFT » Thu May 31, 2007 9:54 am

I understand coding enough that you can't guess what MM3's final DB and various other hooks and such.

My point was just to catalog scripts that are known to work... like...
Hey I tried magic nodes with MM3a4 and it all appears to be working.
Doesn't have to be very formal.... but just a thread of scripts know to work.

-SCROFT