Custom Report 3.2 - Updated 29/07/2014

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

No they there's no way to automate this script currently. I guess the script could be modified so that it could be triggered by Windows Task Scheduler. You'd need to properly connect the MM3 (creating the SDB object) as this wouldn't be done automatically like normal, and the "Custom Report" function would need to be called in the main body. I'm guessing you don't want the options screen, you just want it to run using the last saved settings?
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
SpritHansi

Post by SpritHansi »

Yes, I want to create the exact same report every week.
Regards
SpritHansi
noSLOthinkers

help!

Post by noSLOthinkers »

Every time i try and use the script it shuts down MM with no error message. I have tried reinstalling it many times, and even deleted MM and the script from the computer and after reinstall it still doesn't work. I tried it when i first download it and it worked fine, but now it will not work no matter what i try. any thoughts?? Thanks!
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Very strange, I don't even know how you'd go about closing MM from a script. Do you have any other scripts installed? What version of MM are you using?
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
noSLOthinkers

Post by noSLOthinkers »

version 3.0.1.1127

the only other scripts are your advanced report and disk splitter. they both work.

i fixed it yesterday by deleting the database file, and rebuilding my library. but now today it started happening again. every time i select it from the menu there is a short delay and the program closes, even when i'm burning a cd!
noSLOthinkers

Post by noSLOthinkers »

it has to do with the database file, as if i delete that and nothing else the custom reports works again. ?? and then at some point later as i add music it gets so it will not work with the custom reports. any suggestions? thanks!
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I guess I'll have to include a debug mode in the next version and then you can run this to help use determine what the problem is. There's nothing that I can suggest that would be doing this. It's very strange that you don't get any messages at all. :-?
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

guermantes wrote:2) Also, when the Year field is empty a zero is displayed in the report. Could one not just have it empty?
You can make it empty by using this format: P' R'0= R'=
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

New version (1.4) is now available to download from my website. Changes include...

- Added new fields available in MM3
- Added field format of W to specify column width in HTML
- Added debug mode
- Added file format of CD Cover
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

trixmoto wrote:Sorry, my fault for trying to code ad-hoc with testing!! Try this if you want to include the blank line you were after...

Code: Select all

Select Case DropDown1.ItemIndex
        Case 0 'CSV
          If Not Unicode Then
            name = SDB.ToAscii(name)
          End If
          Call f.WriteLine(name&" ("&list.Count&")")
          Call f.WriteLine("")
        Case 1 'HTML
          Call f.WriteLine("<tr><td colspan=99><b>"&MapXML(name&" ("&list.Count&")",False)&"</b></td></tr>")
          Call f.WriteLine("<tr><td colspan=99></td></tr>")
        Case 2 'XLS
          y = y+1
          ws.Cells(y,1).Value = name&" ("&list.Count&")"
          y = y+1
        Case 3 'XML
          Call f.WriteLine("<Playlist title='"&MapXML(name&" ("&list.Tracks.Count&")",True)&"'>")
        Case 4 'TXT
          If Not Unicode Then
            name = SDB.ToAscii(name)
          End If      
          Call f.WriteLine(name&" ("&list.Count&")")
          Call f.WriteLine("")
      End Select
Hi Trixmoto:

You created this code for me in order to get the playlist totals. However, I lost this ability with the updated 1.4 version, what changes do I need to make in 1.4 in order to be able to retain my playlist totals and the ability to use 1.4?

Nyn
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Well it's still the same chunk of code, I've not really changed it. It's now moved to lines 408-428, but you can replace this with the same chunk of code I gave you before. I've added a case for the new CD Cover format, but I don't think this would be appropriate when doing all playlists anyway.
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

Thank you very much!!!! :P

Nyn
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
aidan_cage

Post by aidan_cage »

is there a way to just have it list one entry for album and album artists?
I have just installed and tried to generate a report, but I only want those two headings
Album and Album Artist
It is currently listing the Album and Album Artist for all of the tracks in the album, even though those tracks are not being named in the report.
I want to have just one entry in the column for each Album
showing the Album Artist in the second column
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

This script is designed for reporting on tracks not albums, so the only way this is currently possible would be to only select one track from each album (maybe an autoplaylist that only shows track 1?) and then generate the report for those.
aidan_cage

Post by aidan_cage »

oh cool
I didn't think of an auto playlist :oops:
Thanks for the reply!
PEACE