Script for Bulk upload to last.fm available?

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

limex

Script for Bulk upload to last.fm available?

Post by limex »

Hi,

I'm using the "last.fm for windows" plugin by last.fm since some weeks now. It's great, but ...

1) I couldn't get it to work with my ipod. So I don't see the tracks that where played on the ipod listed at last.fm
2) I don't see the tracks that I played before the installation of last.fm at the last.fm site.

So I wondered if there is a script that does a bulk upload of tracks I select in MM to last.fm?

So I could uninstall the plugin and I would perform an bulk upload of the newly played tracks once a week or so.

Thanks for your help.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

last.fm wrote:The Audioscrobbler Realtime Protocol is designed for the submission of now-playing and recent historical data to Last.fm. Submission of bulk historical data is not catered for by this protocol - this will be possible with the (currently unimplemented) bootstrap protocol.
For the full details, see here.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.

Post by Guest »

You could either use the Rockbox firmware (www.rockbox.org) for your ipod, it has a feature to upload played songs on your player with an additional software like LogScrobbler (http://logscrobbler.googlecode.com/file ... -0.14c.zip).
But i think there is a program for ipods without the Rockbox firmware, just do a search on google.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

These programs work but uploading all of the songs you have played with the current time, they do not use the time that you actually played the track. This is because audioscrobber rejects any timestamps that are not recent. This means that the process takes a long time to run and your data is not accurate so I wouldn't personally recommend them.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Big_Berny

Post by Big_Berny »

@trixmoto: That's not true. Programs like audiopod, lastpod (my favourite) or qtscrobbler upload the songs you listened with the real playtime. You see that if you upload a song you listened some hours later because then on the last.fm-homepage you see "played 3 hour ago". This can also some days ago!
The spamprotection of last.fm works differently: You can't submit a song which was played before the last song you submitted. So if you want to submit your songs from your ipod then you have to do that before you listen to a song on your pc.

@limex: On the homepage www.lastpod.org you find a nice java-tool which submits songs of your ipod. But as I said: You have to do that before you listen (submit) another song on your pc. Because if you submit a 'newer' play 'older' playes can't be submitted anymore.
By the way it's one of the only programs which also submits multiple plays of the same song.

Big_Berny
Scripts in use: Genre Finder / Last.fm DJ / Magic Nodes / AutoRateAccurate / Last.FM Node
Skins in use: ZuneSkin SP / Eclipse SP
AutoRateAccurate 3.0.0 (New) - Rates all your songs in less than 5 seconds!
About me: icoaching - internet | marketing | design
GSV3MiaC

Post by GSV3MiaC »

trixmoto wrote:These programs work but uploading all of the songs you have played with the current time, they do not use the time that you actually played the track. This is because audioscrobber rejects any timestamps that are not recent. This means that the process takes a long time to run and your data is not accurate so I wouldn't personally recommend them.
I use logscrobbler to upload logs from rockbox on my iAudio M5L and it works fine. There is an option to 'retime' the tracks, but the default uses real times. As someone else said, it won't work if the times predate a submission you made some other way.

When it doesn't work / takes ages it is usually the case that the last.fm server is in a knot (again) and refusing to handshake nicely.
Last edited by GSV3MiaC on Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
limex

Post by limex »

@All:
Thanks for the feedback.

@Big_Berny: THX for the hint. I tried this prog some weeks ago. But it didn't find a playlist on my ipod! strange.
I stop then to investigate any further because solving the issue would only be half of the problem: Uploading the complete MM playlist is still not able.

I decided to use the last.fm v0.3 from RedX (http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14660) and adopt it to my needs:
- Instead of sending the current played song, I run through the list of selected song and send it.

Wish me luck and inspiration. I'll post the script then. Stay tuned. :wink:
Bex

Post by Bex »

I think it's equally important to sync the PlayHistory back to MM.
There has been some discussion about it and the dev's was slightly positive.
However, both these issues should be solved internally by MM. Lets hope the functionality comes in a near future.
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
Big_Berny

Post by Big_Berny »

limex wrote:@Big_Berny: THX for the hint. I tried this prog some weeks ago. But it didn't find a playlist on my ipod! strange.
If you anyway to use one of the mentioned tools sometimes: You always have to chose the iTunesDB-file which is stored in the \iPod_Control\iTunes-folder of your ipod.
Scripts in use: Genre Finder / Last.fm DJ / Magic Nodes / AutoRateAccurate / Last.FM Node
Skins in use: ZuneSkin SP / Eclipse SP
AutoRateAccurate 3.0.0 (New) - Rates all your songs in less than 5 seconds!
About me: icoaching - internet | marketing | design
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I read that the spam filter checked the timestamp was recent as well, but I can't see this on the official site so this might just be a rumour - I stand corrected!
GSV3MiaC

Post by GSV3MiaC »

The spam filter checks the tunes are more recent than your last submission, and quite possibly they update 'your last submission' every few weeks whether you make one or not - however I've submitted 6-8 hours of logs a few days after a long walk and never had any problem (as long as I haven't submitted anything else since).
tinana

Post by tinana »

I use Audiopod+ to scrobble tracks from my ipod to last.fm and I accidentally discovered that it's possible to defeat last.fm's spam filter.

As long as you don't sync your ipod to your media player, the history of tracks listened to/ratings etc remains there. It's happened that I've come home from work and played tracks on Media Monkey before scrobbling my ipod tracks and all I've had to do was wait til the next day and all those non-scrobbled tracks were eventually submitted, even those which the spam filter should've rejected. This will keep happening until I sync my ipod and the play counts are "removed". The problem for me is I have an 80gb player and rarely do have to synch, so in fact it's resulted in most of my top-rated artists having artificially high play counts, which I don't like so much.
MM Gold/Lifetime member