Magic Nodes 4.2 w/ 380 masks & real GUI (2011-07-01)[MM2+]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

bob61

Post by bob61 »

ZvezdanD wrote:
bob61 wrote:I don't have older version to install and don't see where I can download and older version.
v1.7.5
v1.7.5.4

Here is the modified last version with added message boxes in several places. If you try it, you should tell me what is the last displayed number before MM freeze up:
v1.7.6-debug
With the debug version the last display is "7". I also tried the other two versions, neither work with MM3 beta 1183, at least not for me. If I remove the scripts MM3 loads fine.

I see another user reported similar issue (they were signed in as guest so don't know who they were). Here's link to the message thread:
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=30118

I have moved back to last official release of MM3 (3.0.2 1134) and tried the MN scripts above, I have same issue. Tried the MN debug, it again displayed "7" as the last message box.
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

bob61 wrote:I see another user reported similar issue
Well, if you read the mentioned message you could not see that s/he has a problem with Magic Nodes. Anyway, could you send me your INI and database file with some free web server, e.g. http://www.yousendit.com? If you can, please send me a PM.
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

dypsis wrote:
ZvezdanD wrote:Could you post a screenshot where could be seen the Added column?
OK, this bug is resolved. Thanks for the report. I am now waiting for bob61 to resolve his bug before releasing the next version.
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

There is a new revision (1.7.6.1) of this script.
FEB

Post by FEB »

sorry, could someone make me a simple script, please?

I use Publisher to put the record label in, and I'd like a node where it lists the labels in order (most tracks at the top), with albums in alphabetical order underneath.
So:

SubPop
- Album
- Another Album
WB
- Album
- Another album

etc.

Cheers

FEB
dypsis

Post by dypsis »

ZvezdanD wrote:
dypsis wrote:
ZvezdanD wrote:Could you post a screenshot where could be seen the Added column?
OK, this bug is resolved. Thanks for the report. I am now waiting for bob61 to resolve his bug before releasing the next version.
All fixed now.

Thanks mate... :wink:

PS: I sometimes wonder just how many people study the results returned from the nodes. :roll: :)
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

FEB wrote:I use Publisher to put the record label in, and I'd like a node where it lists the labels in order (most tracks at the top), with albums in alphabetical order underneath.

Code: Select all

Very simple if you read the PDF manual\<Publisher>\<Album>
FEB

Post by FEB »

ZvezdanD wrote:
FEB wrote:I use Publisher to put the record label in, and I'd like a node where it lists the labels in order (most tracks at the top), with albums in alphabetical order underneath.

Very simple if you read the PDF manual\<Publisher>\<Album>
Sorry, not quite that simple...

Sub Pop (400 tracks)
- Album 1
- Album 2
WB (350 tracks)
- Album 1
- Album 2

etc

My line of
Label\<Publisher| sort by: count(title)>\<album|sort by:max(year)|sort order:desc>
does not work. Could you help please?

Actually, think I've cracked it:

Label\<Publisher|sort by: Count(Tracks)|sort order: desc>\<Album|Statistic:Count(Tracks)>
seems to work ok!
AliZ

Post by AliZ »

Hi,

I want to use my custom1 field to get filled with GenreFinder. I want to keep my field gerne pretty clean with one entry and within the field custom1 I want to have more individual with GenreFinder from last.fm.

Filling is no problem.
E.g.: Genre1;genre2;genre3;genre4;genre5

Now I want a magic node for custom1. No problem.
The problem is: how to split??? No function seems to work (left, right, etc.)

I searched the whole topic. A split function was mentioned but I can't find a solution.

Is there already a split function? Some other suggestions?

Thx
AliZ
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

AliZ wrote:I want to keep my field gerne pretty clean with one entry and within the field custom1 I want to have more individual
Genre field supports multi-item values, but not Custom fields.
The problem is: how to split??? No function seems to work (left, right, etc.)
There is not a possibility for implementing a Split qualifier. You could use (Exclusive) Left of, (Exclusive) Right of and Right Until qualifiers, but in this case you could have only two values - one returned with Left of and another with Right of. For example, if you have Custom1 field like this: Genre1;Genre2, you could write:

First subgenre\<Custom 1|Exclusive Left of:;>

Second subgenre\<Custom 1|Exclusive Right of:;|Right until:;>
swarnel

Post by swarnel »

Is there anyway to move the custom folder i made out of the 'magicnodes' folder and into the normal 'library' folder?
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

swarnel wrote:Is there anyway to move the custom folder i made out of the 'magicnodes' folder and into the normal 'library' folder?
You should add Child of and Position qualifiers to the Global level of the mask. For example, if your mask is:

My node\<Artist>
it should be:

My node|Child of:Library|Position:Last child\<Artist>
If you want it to be after Artist node, you could write:

My node|Child of:Artist\<Artist>
There is a detail description about all of this in the PDF manual.
VALIS666

Post by VALIS666 »

Hi. I wanted to make a node that works like this:

[A-Z], Artist Rating, Album Rating|Icon:Top level\<Artist|Trim:1|Statistic:Count(All)>\<artist|Statistic:avg(rating)>\<album|Statistic:avg(rating)>
How do I get the script to skip unrated tracks and just make an average of rated ones? Right now it will only display averages for artists or albums which have all their tracks rated.

For instance, let's say an artist has 10 tracks, but only 4 of them are rated. Right now my node will display nothing for that artist. I want it to take the average of the 4 rated tracks, ignore the other 6, and display that rating.

Also, is there any way to stop Media Monkey 3 from rounding everything off to the nearest 0.5? This is very annoying. If something averages 3.71, I want it to say 3.71, not 3.5.

Thanks for help!
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

VALIS666 wrote:How do I get the script to skip unrated tracks and just make an average of rated ones? Right now it will only display averages for artists or albums which have all their tracks rated.
You could try the next mask, but it will display only artists which has rated some track:

[A-Z], Artist Rating, Album Rating|Icon:Top level|Filter:<Rating> > -1\<Artist|Trim:1|Statistic:Count(All)>\<artist|Statistic:avg(rating)>\<album|Statistic:avg(rating)>
If you want to display all artists, with statistics for those who have rated some track, currently only solution is to manually edit the MagicNodes.vbs file, e.g. with Notepad. You should change the line 69 from:

Const bSortStatOnlyIfPositive = True
to

Const bSortStatOnlyIfPositive = False
is there any way to stop Media Monkey 3 from rounding everything off to the nearest 0.5?
Sorry, currently this is not possible.
Helmut-

code for "never played"

Post by Helmut- »

Hi there,

I figuered out a script for "show me all tracks that I have never played" but failed.
How to do with MagicNodes?

Greets