Magic Nodes 4.2 w/ 380 masks & real GUI (2011-07-01)[MM2+]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Miz

Re: Mod. Magic Nodes 1.7.8.2 w/ 50 masks (2008-10-23) [MM2+3]

Post by Miz » Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:37 pm

Could you install latest release and send me a screenshot of your MM filter which returns incorrect result? You could remove comment sign from 3998 line in the front of MsgBox statement. Also, you could add MsgBox SQLFilter on the line 2645 of UpdateCustomNode and post its screenshot. Even better, instead of MsgBox string you could write SkinnedInputBox "", "", string and you could copy/paste your SQL expression.
It seems that 1.7.8.2 is still not available.

Sorry, I did not made a simple testcase so the SQL may be a bit difficult to check, but here it goes:

I use the following node:

Code: Select all

Album Artist [A-Z], Album (by Year)|Icon:Top level\<Album Artist|Trim:1|Statistic:Count(All)>\<Album Artist|Statistic:Count(All)>\<Album|Sort by:Max(Year)|Statistic:Count(All)>
In original 1.7.8.1 I get the following SQL after a MM restart and unfolding the node:

SELECT Count(*) AS StatField0 FROM  Songs  WHERE  Songs.ID NOT IN (SELECT Songs.ID FROM  Songs , ArtistsAlbums, Artists AS AlbumArtists WHERE  Songs.IDAlbum = ArtistsAlbums.IDAlbum AND ArtistsAlbums.IDArtist = AlbumArtists.ID AND substr(substr(AlbumArtists.Artist, CASE WHEN upper(substr(AlbumArtists.Artist, 1, 16)) = 'THE;DER;DIE;DAS ' THEN 17 ELSE 1 END, 9999), 1, 1) COLLATE IUNICODE <> '')
which is wrong, because the filter is not included. Magic Nodes shows nodes in the tree view that should be filtered out. You see my filter SQL expression in my previous post as snapshot.

After editing the node in MM (just adding and removing a space) I get:

SELECT Count(*) AS StatField0 FROM  Songs  WHERE   NOT  Songs.ID IN (SELECT IDSong FROM GenresSongs WHERE GenresSongs.IDGenre IN ( SELECT Genres.IDGenre FROM Genres WHERE (Genres.GenreName like '%book%'))) AND  NOT  Songs.ID IN (SELECT IDSong FROM GenresSongs WHERE GenresSongs.IDGenre IN ( SELECT Genres.IDGenre FROM Genres WHERE (Genres.GenreName like '%podcast%'))) AND  Songs.ID NOT IN (SELECT idTrack FROM PodcastEpisodes)   AND  Songs.ID NOT IN (SELECT Songs.ID FROM  Songs , ArtistsAlbums, Artists AS AlbumArtists WHERE  Songs.IDAlbum = ArtistsAlbums.IDAlbum AND ArtistsAlbums.IDArtist = AlbumArtists.ID AND substr(substr(AlbumArtists.Artist, CASE WHEN upper(substr(AlbumArtists.Artist, 1, 16)) = 'THE;DER;DIE;DAS ' THEN 17 ELSE 1 END, 9999), 1, 1) COLLATE IUNICODE <> '')
which includes the correct filter. I don't see any nodes in the tree view that do not belong there.

Unfortunately after a bit more testing I found out that my suggested patch sometimes inserts the filter expression twice. So while it is still functional correct, this is not really what we want ;)

ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD » Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:12 pm

Miz wrote:In original 1.7.8.1 I get the following SQL after a MM restart and unfolding the node:
which is wrong, because the filter is not included. Magic Nodes shows nodes in the tree view that should be filtered out.
It seems to me that this problem is unrelated to the previous with the OR operator and parentheses. Sorry, I could not reproduce this new problem. I always get MM filter included in the SQL query, immediately after a MM restart or in any other moment.

However, if you change current MM filter during work with already expanded Magic Nodes branch, you need to collapse/expand whole MN branch again to take the mentioned change in effect - it is not enough just to collapse/expand some specific MN sub-branch. When you edit some MN mask, whole MN branch is automatically re-expanded and because of that the new selected MM filter is registered. Maybe I could try to improve this in the next version of the script.
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1 / 5.4  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.7 / 4.0  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.3 / 2.2.2  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.2  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.1.2

Miz

Post by Miz » Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:21 pm

ZvezdanD wrote:Sorry, I could not reproduce this new problem. I always get MM filter included in the SQL query, immediately after a MM restart or in any other moment.
Strange, because I can reproduce the problem here all the time.
However, if you change current MM filter during work with already expanded Magic Nodes branch, you need to collapse/expand whole MN branch again to take the mentioned change in effect - it is not enough just to collapse/expand some specific MN sub-branch.
Oh, I didn't know that. Anyway, I didn't change the MM filter after start but had the problem regardless. But after reading this I tried to collapse/re-expand the MN main branch and it worked ok.

After further investigation I found out that I need to check the MN Option "Skip expanding of the Magic Nodes branch during start-up". Now MM starts with an collapsed MN branch and all works as expected.

Before that I had this option unchecked, so MM started with an expanded MN main branch and MN ignored the filter settings until I edited a node, or collapsed the main branch manually (or did other unknown things). So there is a problem with this special option? Maybe you want to test the filter behavior with the above mentioned option unchecked if you didn't already?

Nevertheless, thank you for your help. I know now how to avoid the problem in the future. I don't need an expanded MN branch during start-up.

Thanks again
Michael

ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD » Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:59 pm

Miz wrote:
However, if you change current MM filter during work with already expanded Magic Nodes branch, you need to collapse/expand whole MN branch again to take the mentioned change in effect - it is not enough just to collapse/expand some specific MN sub-branch.
Oh, I didn't know that.
There is a new release (1.7.8.3) of this script with added auto-collapsing of nodes when the active MM filter is changed.
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1 / 5.4  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.7 / 4.0  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.3 / 2.2.2  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.2  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.1.2

Miz

Post by Miz » Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:32 pm

ZvezdanD wrote:There is a new release (1.7.8.3) of this script
Thank you for the update. I just skimmed over the code and understand that you put a lot of work into fixing the handling of MM filters. I appreciate that very much.

All works now as expected.

Thanks again for this great tool.
Michael

MeMeMe

Re: Mod. Magic Nodes 1.7.8.3 w/ 50 masks (2008-10-26) [MM2+3]

Post by MeMeMe » Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:53 pm

I'm having two problems with the new release.
When i install it, it seems to be installed properly - the magic nodes node shows up. Then when I restart, the magic nodes node has vanished.
Magic nodes does show up in the Edit menu, and if I click Edit Magic Node - I get a huge list of 50 scripts that goes off the bottom of my window: but i move the cursor down the list doesn't scroll - I have no way of selecting the scripts that are below the bottom of the monitor window.
This list also stretches all the way across both of my monitors - it isn't constrained to the Media Monkey application window.

tableguy

Wish List

Post by tableguy » Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:04 am

Magicnodes in a shared networked envoirment

Sorting of the node(s) under Magicnode

exporting the nodes to be imported into another machine if networking isn't viable

M3U creation of the node results

ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD » Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:35 am

MeMeMe wrote:I'm having two problems with the new release.
This is nothing new and related to the last release, same issues have even the last official version of this script.
MeMeMe wrote:when I restart, the magic nodes node has vanished.
Please read the FAQ section in the first post of this thread or FAQ section in the PDF manual.
MeMeMe wrote:if I click Edit Magic Node - I get a huge list of 50 scripts that goes off the bottom of my window: but i move the cursor down the list doesn't scroll - I have no way of selecting the scripts that are below the bottom of the monitor window.
This list also stretches all the way across both of my monitors - it isn't constrained to the Media Monkey application window.
None Windows application have a menu constrained to its window. You should have one row on the bottom of this menu with the down arrow - when you click on this row the menu would be scrolled.

Anyway, this menu will be removed from the next major version of this script and it would not have such problem.

ZvezdanD

Re: Wish List

Post by ZvezdanD » Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:45 am

tableguy wrote:Magicnodes in a shared networked envoirment
???
tableguy wrote:Sorting of the node(s) under Magicnode
The next version of this script would have a possibility to re-order position of nodes. In meantime you could use the MM built-in option for same thing (right-click on the tree menu / Options / Choose Tree Nodes).
tableguy wrote:exporting the nodes to be imported into another machine if networking isn't viable
If you mean about import/export of masks, the next version of this script would have that.
tableguy wrote:M3U creation of the node results
Right-click on the node / Sent to / .m3u Playlist.

MeMeMe

Post by MeMeMe » Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:55 pm

ZvezdanD wrote:
MeMeMe wrote:if I click Edit Magic Node - I get a huge list of 50 scripts that goes off the bottom of my window: but i move the cursor down the list doesn't scroll - I have no way of selecting the scripts that are below the bottom of the monitor window.
None Windows application have a menu constrained to its window. You should have one row on the bottom of this menu with the down arrow - when you click on this row the menu would be scrolled.

Anyway, this menu will be removed from the next major version of this script and it would not have such problem.
Sorry I missed the solution to the first problem. The problem above, however, remains. There is no row at the bottom of the screen with a down arrow. I'd show you, but I can't take a screen shot because the menu vanishes the instant I click anything else.
If this will be solved in the next version, then that's okay. I hope it's not too long in coming :)

linn

Album properties, book in series

Post by linn » Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:09 am

I posted the following in the " need help " section :
" what would be the best way to do this ? i have 10 books ,one writer ,these are all part of a series ; atm i rename the book ,say: 1-the first book , 2-the second book etc.{book = album}
there might be a better way?lin "

Rereading it i thougt it might be better to elaborate on it and ask the question here, there is much more possible with MN.
if i put the number in front of the album name, the albumview becomes a mess aftera while because of the number sorting ;
If i put the number after the title they are sorted A-Z in artist view.
I can live with this ,i just wondered if there would be a more elegant way to do this?
Image Image

ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD » Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:51 am

MeMeMe wrote:There is no row at the bottom of the screen with a down arrow.
Well, there is a row with a down arrow, but this arrow is centered and if menu is too wide, more than 2 times of the screen width, then this arrow is out of the screen. However, there is an empty row on the bottom of the menu which you could click to scroll up.
MeMeMe wrote:I can't take a screen shot because the menu vanishes the instant I click anything else.
You could use the Prt Sc key.
MeMeMe wrote:I hope it's not too long in coming :)
;)

ZvezdanD

Re: Album properties, book in series

Post by ZvezdanD » Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:05 am

linn wrote:i just wondered if there would be a more elegant way to do this?
I am not sure if I understand what you want. I think you should give names to the albums without any numbering, but you need to specify a release date for each album. Then you could create Magic node which should sort Albums by release date. For example:

Artists and books\<Artist>\<Album|Sort by:Min(Year)>
If you want Album node with same display as built-in MM node you should use Album with Album Artist field, for example:

My books\<Album with Album Artist>

linn

Post by linn » Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:43 am

ZvezdanD wrote:
linn wrote:i just wondered if there would be a more elegant way to do this?
I am not sure if I understand what you want. I think you should give names to the albums without any numbering, but you need to specify a release date for each album. Then you could create Magic node which should sort Albums by release date. For example:

Artists and books\<Artist>\<Album|Sort by:Min(Year)>
If you want Album node with same display as built-in MM node you should use Album with Album Artist field, for example:

My books\<Album with Album Artist>
Thank you ,but release date is not the same as for example : " Black Knight In Red Square" is book 2 of a series of 10 books/
Lin

ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD » Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:58 am

linn wrote:release date is not the same as for example : " Black Knight In Red Square" is book 2 of a series of 10 books/
Lin
I suppose that book 1 is released before book 2 and so on. So, if you sort by release date you would get order like you want - book 1, then book 2, ...

If you have serial of several books with same name, you could use the Disc Number field. You could even use Track Number or Custom field for numbering - I think that everything is better then putting numbers in the name of the Album.

By the way, you could put numbers in the front of your Albums and use SubString Start or Right of qualifiers with the Album field to display only book name without numbers.

What kind of suggestion you are expecting?