Magic Nodes 4.2 w/ 380 masks & real GUI (2011-07-01)[MM2+]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Re: Magic Nodes 3.0 w/ 245 masks & real GUI (2009-09-08) [MM2+3]

Post by Guest » Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:25 pm

molnium wrote:Has anybody an idea what my problem is...? Maybe i have just a typo, or something else?
You should check out the "Genre is Blues or Rock" mask in the "Filter Examples" folder. Here are several advices:
1. The OR operator is logical, not string. You cannot write 'xxx' OR 'yyy'. Well, you could write, but you will not get what you want. So, instead of Genres.GenreName Like '%Blues%' OR '%Rock%' you should write Genres.GenreName Like '%Blues%' OR Genres.GenreName Like '%Rock%'. Your first mask works correctly just because you have '%Blues%' on the first place. If you change order of listed genres, e.g. Genres.GenreName Like '%Chicago Blues%' OR '%Blues%', then this mask will not work as you want either.

2. The OR operator has lower precedence than AND operator (similar to + and * operators). So, in your case, instead of xxx OR yyy AND zzz you should write (xxx OR yyy) AND zzz.

3. You don't need to use Genres.GenreName SQL field and Songs.ID = GenresSongs.IDSong AND GenresSongs.IDGenre = Genres.IDGenre conditions. It is enough to use <Genre>, the script will create automatically all necessary conditions.

4. Genres.GenreName (i.e. <Genre>) is the field which contains just single item from the Songs.Genre (i.e. <Multi Genre>) field. So, you don't need to use the escape characters (%) in strings, i.e. instead of <Genre> Like '%Blues%' you could write <Genre> = 'Blues'. If you have multiple choices, then instead of e.g. <Genre> = 'Blues' OR <Genre> = 'Rock' you could write <Genre> IN ('Blues', 'Rock'). In that way the mask would be shorter and probably faster.

5. If all your Electronic tracks contain that word in the multi-item genre, e.g. 'Electronic; Abstract', ''Electronic; Acid', 'Electronic; Acid House' and so on, then the simplest way to display such tracks is to write <Multi Genre> Like '%;Electronic%'. If your tracks contain some another genre with such word which you don't want to have included, then you should write something like '; ' || <Multi Genre> || '; ' Like '%; Electronic; %'.

6. If all your tracks contain main genre on the begin of the multi-item genre and styles (sub-genres) after it, then instead of using one Group with bunch of masks/nodes for each main genre, maybe it could be better if you use Split qualifier. Just take a look at the "Genres and sub-genres" mask in the "Split examples" folder.

molnium

Post by molnium » Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:42 pm

whow!, Many thanks for this huge reply!
for 1) ah, i put %Blues% as the last item, and voila, it stoppped working, so i did a systematic error...

for 2) ok, so even if i add ( ) , more changes are needed because of 1)

for 3) and 4) Thats what i did in the first attempts for this node:

Code: Select all

Mask98=<Group|Name:Discogs Genre|Icon:3>\Blues|Filter:Genre in ('Blues','Chicago Blues','Country Blues','Delta Blues','East Coast Blues','Electric Blues','Harmonica Blues','Jump Blues','Louisiana Blues','Modern Electric Blues','Piano Blues','Piedmont Blues','Texas Blues')|Icon:Top level|Child of:Genre\<Genre|Unknown:No|Statistic:Count(Tracks)|All:Yes>
but then it doesnt catch tracks tagged with "Soundtrack; Blues" in the Blues-Node because of the multiple values.
It only gets tracks with either Blues, Chicago Blues, ....
Maybe this works with <Multi Genre>...?

for 5) indeed they are not tagged so correctly - often it is electronic at the first place, but not in all cases..

for 6) Yes, i came across this example, which is already included, but also my tracks are not tagged this hard correctly - i think doing this would take a loooong looong time :-? hmmm....

So i have to try additional things to be more productive :D

whooops, regarding your examples, see you wrote <Genre> whereas i didnt write the <>... so i tried with <>:

Mask120=<Group|Name:Discogs Genre|Icon:3>\Electronic3|Filter:<Genre> in ('Abstract','Acid','Acid House','Acid Jazz','Ambient','Big Beat','Breakbeat','Breakcore','Breaks','Broken Beat','Chiptune','Dark Ambient','Darkwave','Deep House','Disco','Downtempo','Drone','Drum N Bass','Dub','Dub Techno','Dubstep','EBM','Electro','Electronic','Euro House','Experimental','Freestyle','Future Jazz','Gabber','Garage House','Ghetto','Glitch','Goa Trance','Grime','Happy Hardcore','Hard House','Hard Trance','Hardcore','Hardstyle','Hi NRG','Hip Hop','Hip House','House','IDM','Illbient','Industrial','Italo-Disco','Italodance','Jazzdance','Jumpstyle','Jungle','Krautrock','Latin','Leftfield','Makina','Minimal','Modern Classical','Musique Concrète','Neo Folk','New Age','New Beat','New Wave','Noise','Power Electronics','Progressive House','Progressive Trance','Psy-Trance','Rhythmic Noise','Speed Garage','Speedcore','Synth-pop','Tech House','Techno','Trance','Tribal','Tribal House','Trip Hop','UK Garage')|Icon:Top level|Child of:Genre\<Genre|Unknown:No|Statistic:Count(Tracks)|All:Yes>
Now this seems to really work with the Electronic node! can this be correct?
(although including "Latin" and some others do not make sense since i dont have that Genre/Style hierarchy...)
Many thanks,
greetings

Post by Guest » Sat Mar 20, 2010 6:18 pm

molnium wrote:for 5) indeed they are not tagged so correctly - often it is electronic at the first place, but not in all cases..

for 6) Yes, i came across this example, which is already included, but also my tracks are not tagged this hard correctly - i think doing this would take a loooong looong time :-? hmmm....
Using the RegExp Find & Replace script you could move some specific genre to the begin of the multi-item genre for all selected tracks in just few seconds. Here are settings for Electronic:

Find what: ^(.+); (Electronic)(?=;|$)
Into: Genre
Regexp 1: checked
Replace with: $2; $1

Overmyhead

Post by Overmyhead » Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:55 am

If a guru wouldn't mind help with a very minor modification to a existing example magic node script, I would greatly appreciate it!

I need the 'Track with same Title from same Artist' script to show just songs in the same folder - MM tracks with the same path, duplicate entries.

This might sound nuts, but my MM is showing multiple copies of the same track in the same location node - playing the file causes them both to become bold.

I have attempted to add this same Path modification to the script, but it is beyond me.

Thanks for anyone who will take the time!

Post by Guest » Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:00 am

Overmyhead wrote:This might sound nuts, but my MM is showing multiple copies of the same track in the same location node - playing the file causes them both to become bold.
It is very strange that you have multiple tracks with the same path. Maybe you should try with the File / Maintain Library / Optimize database, but make a backup copy of the database first. Anyway, here is the wanted mask:

<Group|name:Tracks...|Show tracks:No>\Tracks with same Path|Icon:Top level|Filter:Songs.SongPath COLLATE IUnicode IN (SELECT SongPath COLLATE IUnicode FROM Songs GROUP BY SongPath COLLATE IUnicode HAVING Count(*) > 1)\<Path|Unknown:No>

rrfpacker

Post by rrfpacker » Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:37 am

I'm having a problem with the supplied node "One Hit Wonders". When I click on it, I get numerous artists in the list with more than one hit, some up to four. This node came with MN so it isn't anything I've done.

Any thoughts?

Post by Guest » Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:50 am

rrfpacker wrote:I'm having a problem with the supplied node "One Hit Wonders". When I click on it, I get numerous artists in the list with more than one hit, some up to four.
That mask is really simple and actually should be called "Artists with maximum 5 tracks". I don't know which criteria you want to use for such node, but maybe you could try the next mask:

<Group|Name:Artist Ratings|Show tracks:No>\Artists with single track rated more than 4 stars|Icon:Top level|Filter:Songs.ID IN (SELECT Songs.ID FROM Songs, ArtistsSongs WHERE Songs.ID = ArtistsSongs.IDSong AND (ArtistsSongs.PersonType = 1 OR ArtistsSongs.PersonType IS NULL) AND Rating > 80 GROUP BY ArtistsSongs.IDArtist HAVING Count(*) = 1)\<Artist>

Weatherman

Post by Weatherman » Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:38 pm

Or the chap could just edit the One Hit Wonder node and limit the track number to 1 ?

danasince1979

Post by danasince1979 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:49 pm

i really don t understand how to create the masks so could someone please create one for the very last 50 albums added to my library . thanks so much in advance

ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD » Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:11 pm

danasince1979 wrote:i really don t understand how to create the masks so could someone please create one for the very last 50 albums added to my library . thanks so much in advance
There is already included mask "20 Recently added Albums". Just replace 20 with 50 in the Filter text box and click on the Update button.
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1 / 5.4  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.7 / 4.0  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.3 / 2.2.2  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.2  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.1.2

ZvezdanD

Re: Magic Nodes 4.0 w/ 297 masks & real GUI (2010-04-01) [MM2+3]

Post by ZvezdanD » Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:15 pm

There is a new version of this addon: v4.0 - 2010-04-01
- Added: possibility to get nested playlists with local level nodes using Child of:Playlists and Position:Child (until now only global level of nodes inside of the Playlists branch was possible);
- Added: Split mode qualifier with several possibile arguments: String Part (old Split Part values >= 0), String Before, String After, Single Part, Parts Before, Parts After, All Parts (old Split Part = -1) and Categories; for their usage please take a look at the Information section;
- Added: possibility to specify negative values for Split part qualifier, in which case parts are counting from the right to the left;
- Added: possibility to use Substring/Trim/Left/Right of qualifiers with the multi-item split using the new * Parts arguments;
- Added: Artist with Title, Title with Artist and Title with Artist plus Album fields displayed as Artist - Title, Title (Artist) and Title (Artist - Album) respectively;
- Added: First Artist, Other Artist, First Album Artist, Other Album Artist, First Genre and Other Genre fields, e.g. for displaying main genre and subgenres;
- Added: Lyrics, Date and Original Date fields as nodes (until now only as a part of the Filter expression) [MM3];
- Added: Month, Day, Original Month and Original Day fields (month displayed as text in locale language) [MM3];
- Added: Year Played, Month Played and Day Played fields (month displayed as text in locale language);
- Added: Range custom aggregate function (could be used with same fields as other aggregate functions within Sort by and Statistic qualifiers, e.g. Range(Year) is same as Max(Year) - Min(Year));
- Changed: Split options are changed and your masks containing them need to be updated; please take a look at the Information section;
- Changed: controls from the Filter group are now always enabled (until now they are enabled only when the global level node is selected in the Nodes listbox, however this behavior could be reversed in the future if I decide to add a possibility for Filter to be specified with the local level nodes);
- Fixed: multi-item split and Split by, Left of and Right of qualifiers with lower case characters;
- Fixed: multi-item split and renaming of MN playlists with MM2.

Oh yes, there is also a new possibility to donate, if you find this addon useful and want to support its further development.
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1 / 5.4  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.7 / 4.0  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.3 / 2.2.2  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.2  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.1.2

rrfpacker

Post by rrfpacker » Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:24 pm

[quote]That mask is really simple and actually should be called "Artists with maximum 5 tracks". I don't know which criteria you want to use for such node, but maybe you could try the next mask:
[/quote]

The criteria I'm looking for is for Artists who only had one hit, mostly from the 60's and 70's. So the artist only shows up once. I'm not sure if changing the current node from one to five will accomplish what I want. Won't it just pick one song of the up to five available?

So far "guest"s mask is working after I changed the rating value from 80 to 10 (I want to include every one hit wonder even if I don't like it). I will also create an MM filter, until I figure out how to modify the mask, that filters out unwanted criteria such as genres.

Thank you, guest.

Weatherman

Post by Weatherman » Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:02 am

I would just like to say to zvendan - huge thanks for this updated MN. It is fantastic. I didn't think there was much to improve, but you have clearly tried to make this tool even more user friendly for us non-scripters. The example masks are helpful and it is just a brilliant and powerful script.

Many thanks again and congratulations.
Jim

ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD » Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:15 am

Weatherman wrote:I didn't think there was much to improve
Thanks for your kind words. :) However, you are wrong - there are still so much things on my to do list, and plenty of room for its improvement.

Weatherman

Post by Weatherman » Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:30 am

Well now you are just showing off!!! :lol: