Magic Nodes 4.2 w/ 380 masks & real GUI (2011-07-01)[MM2+]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

ZvezdanD

Re: Magic Nodes 2.7 w/ 170+ masks & real GUI (2009-06-29)[MM2+3]

Post by ZvezdanD »

Watari wrote:is it possible to rearrange the items inside a node?
I don't understand what you want. Did you try v2.7 and the following mask?

Code: Select all

Genres and Sub-Genres\<Multi Genre|Split by:;>\<Multi Genre|Split by:;|Split part:1>\<Multi Genre|Split by:;|Split part:2>
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
Watari

Post by Watari »

Hi ZvezdanD,

Thanks for lending a hand. I appreciate it.
So usually, the nodes that I make are sorted alphabetically. I know I can sort them in other ways too like according to artist alphabetically or lengthiest song.. But was wondering if I can reorganize the child nodes to how I want it. In an order that I myself sorted.
Thanks again.
(I havent tried out that mask you gave yet, but will try it once I get home.) :)
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

Watari wrote:So usually, the nodes that I make are sorted alphabetically. I know I can sort them in other ways too like according to artist alphabetically or lengthiest song.. But was wondering if I can reorganize the child nodes to how I want it. In an order that I myself sorted.
I think that now I understand what you want. You could forget about my previous mask, it is not what you are looking for. Yes, you could do custom sort of nodes, but you need to use some field for such thing, e.g. some Custom field. For your example, all songs which have genre Pop/Rock should have entered Cutom1 = 1, all Alternative songs should have Custom1 = 2, Alternative Rock should have Custom1 = 3 and so on. After that you could use the mask like this:

My sorted Genre\<Genre|Sort by:Max(Custom1)>
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
Watari

Post by Watari »

oh, Smart!
Thats a good workaround.. Thank you.
Though I'll try first if I can place those numbers using some other obscure tag for now.. am already using all the custom tags. :/ Thank you
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

Watari wrote:Though I'll try first if I can place those numbers using some other obscure tag for now.. am already using all the custom tags. :/
You cannot use any field for such thing, but only those that are supported by Sort by qualifier. You could see them in the Sort keys dropdown list in the Magic Nodes Settings dialog box when you select Max as an aggregate function (not Count) or you could take a look at Sorting/statistic fields (with Min/Max/Avg/Sum functions) of the Quick Reference section in the first post of this thread.

Post by Guest »

Okay, I understand it now. Thank you so much! Your are a lifesaver.
fizzjob

Post by fizzjob »

Can somebody give me a hand with a Node I'm trying to make...

All of my music has Front Cover artwork, but I'm trying to isolate files that don't have an Artist image associated with them. My first thought was using:

No Artist Image|Filter:<Cover type> <> 8
...but that still fails because if a song has a Front Cover and an Artist image, it gets two entries in the Covers table, and still winds up getting returned...
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

fizzjob wrote:I'm trying to isolate files that don't have an Artist image associated with them.
Maybe:

No Artist Image|Filter:Songs.ID NOT IN (SELECT Songs.ID FROM Songs, Covers WHERE Covers.CoverType = 8 AND Covers.IDSong = Songs.ID)
fizzjob

Post by fizzjob »

Perfect, thanks!
onenonymous

Post by onenonymous »

Here's an enhancement suggestion - perhaps it's been asked before, but I didn't see it, so... Could you give the option to include run-time variables that the user inputs when selecting the node? So for example, the mask might be something like:

Artist Prompt|Filter:<Artist> = '<Prompt: Enter the artist name?>'\<Album>
When the user clicks on the node, it presents an InputBox with the prompt 'Enter the artist name?'. Type the name and the MagicNode appears as if that artist name had been part of the mask according to current behavior. If you really want to go crazy :) , rather than an InputBox , it could be a custom form that has a drop down menu with items specific to the chosen field (in this example it would be from <Artist>.)

~One
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

onenonymous wrote:Could you give the option to include run-time variables that the user inputs when selecting the node?
Yes, I though about similar thing, but it would be added latter, since I am now trying to finish the next version with some another enhancements. However, I am not sure if it is a very good idea to display InputBox every time when user select a node. Instead, I consider to display it if user choose corresponding item from the right-click menu. I suppose you know that Magic Nodes already has a possibility to display dialog box for editing of SQL queries when user: 1. select node, 2. expand node, 3. display Unknown node. If you know SQL, you could edit some run-time variables in that dialog box too. However, such changes are only temporary, but the planed dialog box will save entered values.
onenonymous wrote:a drop down menu with items specific to the chosen field (in this example it would be from <Artist>.)
This is not so simple as you think. How the script would know that some variable has a connection with some field? What if you specify the Filter as Songs.Artist = '<Variable>'? What if you specify SubStr(<Artist>, 1, Length(<Title>)) = '<Variable>'? Or maybe <Artist> || <Album> LIKE '<Variable>'? Or '<Variable>' IN (SELECT Artist FROM Songs WHERE ...)? You see, it is too complicated to do something like that.

By the way, the RegExp Find & Replace script would get similar dialog box with run-time variables much earlier, it is almost implemented.
ZvezdanD

Re: Magic Nodes 3.0 w/ 245 masks & real GUI (2009-09-06) [MM2+3]

Post by ZvezdanD »

There is a new version: v3.0 - 2009-05-29
- Added: possibility to create playlists using Child of:Playlists and Position:Child (a full description at the Information section);
- Added: Refresh Magic Node option to the tree context menu when you right-click on some Magic node in the Playlists branch;
- Added: Modeless MN Settings dialog box (allowed access to other parts of the program) option;
- Added: Expand node after applying the save option, even if it is collapsed option;
- Added: <Any> pseudo-field for the Filter qualifier (using fields specified on the Search tab in the Options dialog box);
- Added: Cover Description, DateTime Played, DateTime Last Played, DateTime Added and DateTime Modified fields;
- Added: Show ordinal numbers option and corresponding Show rank qualifier;
- Added: possibility to use Show if empty option/qualifier for all local nodes except the last (deepest) one, with the hidden plus sign for nodes without sub-nodes; especially useful when Unknown qualifier for the next level is set to No, e.g. <Album|Show if empty:Yes>\<Disc Number|Unknown:No> (mask examples - Genres and sub-genres and Drives & Folders in the Split examples branch);
- Added: possibility to use Split by/Split part qualifiers in combination with Left of/Right of qualifiers (mask example - Sub-folders of Music folder in the Split examples branch);
- Added: support for multiple values with fields that are not multi-items, e.g. Involved people or CustomX, using Split by qualifier and Split part:-1 (mask example - Multi-item Custom 1 field in the Split examples branch);
- Added: support for multiple values with several levels of categorization, e.g. each person in the Involved people field could belong to some involvement group and could have one or more roles (mask examples - Involved People by... in the Split examples branch);
- Added: many new masks, some old improved and better organized;
- Added/Changed: drive letter to the Path field;
- Changed: Save button now have 3 possible states depending of modifications in the Settings dialog - Rename, Update and Add (it is now much easier to create a new mask based on some existing one);
- Improved: speed of Count(Items) function, it is now as fast as Count(some_field) [MM3];
- Fixed: Statistic qualifier used on the global (caption) level with the Filter qualifier.
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

I get a product installation error.
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

nynaevelan wrote:I get a product installation error.
Sorry, I didn't update the install.ini file. Please try with the new build.
Vyper

Post by Vyper »

Installs fine now. :)
Stop Button Freak