Magic Nodes 4.2 w/ 380 masks & real GUI (2011-07-01)[MM2+]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

conandrum

Re: Magic Nodes 4.2 w/ 380 masks & real GUI (2011-07-01)[MM2

Post by conandrum »

Hi guys...need some help.

I have been struggling to use MagicNodes as a synchronization playlist for my mobile phone.
The reasons for those savvy enough is clear... For the rest, ...in a few words, autoplaylists are 99% but do not cut it...
(I need playlists on my phone by "decade - genre" or even finer filtering and I need them there in a couple of clicks).

Till today I have been achieving synchronization with Autoplaylists and custom M3Us with MagicNodes (by manually exporting these playlists to the phone and naming them manually!) (((.
Today though I decided to see if I place the MagicNode in the Playlists section, will it show for synch... and it did! Then I decided to see if songs can sync and they did and also the playlists were transfered to the phone! ))
My problem is this...
Decades by Genre (MOBILE)|Filter:Songs.GroupDesc <> 'Duplicate Track' AND Songs.Rating = 100 AND Songs.SongLength <= 600000\<Decade>\<Genre|Sort by:Min(Year)>
I need playlists on my phone showing as follows: "2010s - Pop", "2010s - Dance" etc...
If I do not specify "<Genre|Sort by:Min(Year)>", my playlists end up appearing as "Pop (1)", "Pop (2)" etc, for each separate Decade.

It would be nice if I could include the <decade> field inside the <Genre> field (e.g. <Genre|Preceded by:Decade+" - "> ).

Can something like this be done?
Can I create a custom field like we already have "Artist - Title"... How???

Thanks

***UPDATE***
When I move the MagicNode into the Playlists, the Sort by:Min(Year) WILL NOT SHOW!!! I need some solutions! ((
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

conandrum wrote:I need playlists on my phone showing as follows: "2010s - Pop", "2010s - Dance" etc...
If I do not specify "<Genre|Sort by:Min(Year)>", my playlists end up appearing as "Pop (1)", "Pop (2)" etc, for each separate Decade.

It would be nice if I could include the <decade> field inside the <Genre> field (e.g. <Genre|Preceded by:Decade+" - "> ).

Can something like this be done?
Can I create a custom field like we already have "Artist - Title"... How???
It is possible with the new version as I mentioned several posts ago. The new syntax would be: <Genre|Sort by:Decade>
conandrum wrote:When I move the MagicNode into the Playlists, the Sort by:Min(Year) WILL NOT SHOW!
I mentioned in the first post of this thread that nodes moved to the Playlists branch have their limitations, among other with the Sort by qualifier. That is partially resolved in the new version, i.e. sorting fields could be displayed only if they are specified without the aggregate function, as it is the case with the previous example (Sort by:Decade). I will try to enable display of Sort by fields even when they have aggregate functions in the next update of the add-on.
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
conandrum

Post by conandrum »

Thanks for the reply....

As I am a developer, I could not bear to sit and wait )))
I modified the script myself and I am now hapily SYNCHRONIZING 50GB of automated playlists!!!!

Need I say <DREAM COME TRUE> ?????

A BIG THANKS to everyone responsible for MAGICNODES!
MediaMonkey and MagicNodes is the most powerful combo in media management in the world today... Full Stop.
conandrum

Post by conandrum »

This is what my Magic Playlist looks like...
http://1drv.ms/1j2akAJ

This is how it looks in the Sync window...
http://1drv.ms/1j29La4

This is how it is configured...
http://1drv.ms/1j2aIPR

Decades by Genre (MOBILE)|Filter:Songs.GroupDesc <> 'Duplicate Track' AND Songs.Rating = 100 AND Songs.SongLength <= 600000 AND <Year> >= 1950|Child of:Playlists|Position:Child|Show tracks:No\<Decade>\<Decade - genre>

This was achieved by modifying the \AppData\Roaming\MediaMonkey\Scripts\Auto\MagicNodes.vbs file.
Took a few hours but.... it can be done.

Thanks again.
allwi

Post by allwi »

conandrum wrote:As I am a developer, I could not bear to sit and wait )))
I modified the script myself and I am now hapily SYNCHRONIZING 50GB of automated playlists!!!!
Cool, great work - I had a look in the vbs file myself but was completely lost (but I don't consider VB as a proper language).

Can you share the modification with ZvezdanD, so that he can include it in the official code?
Many thanks
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

allwi wrote:Can you share the modification with ZvezdanD, so that he can include it in the official code?
Oh please, do you think that I don't know how to do something like that by myself? I cannot see from the screenshots what he did exactly, but I bet that he only added hard-coded custom field that he needed, while my suggestion that I mentioned in my previous post is general and could be used in combination with any MN fields.

You see, I avoid adding new combined hard-coded fields like existing "Artist - Title" or like his "Decade - Genre" because the list of available MN fields is already too big and hard to navigate and adding new fields only makes that thing worse. As you could know from my works, I prefer general, more flexible solutions and such would be the solution that I already implemented in the new version and suggested in my last post.

However, he didn't like my solution because I am asking a donation for it and he rather spent a few hours to get the same result. Since he said that he is a developer, I am wondering how much he is paid on his job for a few hours of work. Was it his few hours that he spent modifying this script worth as much as if he donated to me a few bucks to get the working solution? And if he donated he would get not only the solution for his problem, but he would get also many new options and improvements of this add-on (http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 47#p385447).
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
FLWB

Post by FLWB »

Previously posted on the Sub Genre http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 30#p387570 thread and Lowlander sent me to Magic Nodes which I've downloaded.

I read the PDF and searched this thread yet I can't seem to find the answer to how to set up a mask for a magic node for the Grouping field to emulate the Classification nodes for Mood or Occasion where multi-selections have been enabled. (I would think it would be simple but what I think and reality often diverge.)

Since MMW doesn't have a Sub Genre field I use Grouping (set to allow multiple values) to tag tracks for sub genre. Many songs cross or blend multiple subgenres just as artists cross genres on the same album. I simply use a semicolon as a separator just like the classifications do for multi-selections. (I also use Mixed in Key to tag the energy level to the Grouping field as well.) It's very simple and doesn't need to be complicated.

I want to be able to create a node that simply lists each value individually not as multi-item categories so that I can click on a subnode and see all tracks tagged with that value in one category.

For an example: I have Amnesty's Love Fades tagged as 'R&B' in the genre and have tagged in Grouping as; 4; Deep; Funk; Groove; Jazz; NewOrleans; Psychedelic; Soul because it incorporates all of those elements. (Note: 4 is the energy level value assigned by Mixed in Key)

Right now when I create a Grouping node it is giving me a sub node of

"4; Deep; Funk; Groove; Jazz; NewOrleans; Psychedelic; Soul" (all of the values are included)

I would rather have individual sub nodes for each of the values.

Can I do this? Even if it takes making a donation to ZvezdanD since it may already be part of the paid version, this one mask could make life exceedingly simpler. (And I've got about 47K tracks tagged and going back and making a change to the way they are tagged is not an option.)
"Without music life would be a mistake" Friedrich Nietzsche
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

FLWB wrote:I want to be able to create a node that simply lists each value individually not as multi-item categories
Did you try to customize masks from Split examples folder, e.g. "Multi-item Custom 1 field"?
FLWB

Post by FLWB »

ZvezdanD wrote:
FLWB wrote:I want to be able to create a node that simply lists each value individually not as multi-item categories
Did you try to customize masks from Split examples folder, e.g. "Multi-item Custom 1 field"?
Sorry I just figured it out I didn't have the "split by" populated. It's working great now. Thanks for the fast response.

By the way some of the preset nodes are not working like the Multi-item Custom 1 field. When I try to select that one I get an error "The mask defining this Magic Node produced an error" and when I open to edit it all of the selections are blank and all of the fields are disabled.
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

FLWB wrote:By the way some of the preset nodes are working like the Multi-item Custom 1 field. When I try to select that one I get an error "The mask defining this Magic Node produced an error" and when I open to edit it all of the selections are blank and all of the fields are disabled.
If you got the error, please post:
1. version of the program and version of the add-on;
2. mask of the corresponding node causing the error;
3. screenshot of the error message with displayed line number where the error occurred;
4. screenshot of the Settings dialog box (not necessarily).

All controls in the Settings dialog box are disabled when the mask is incorrect, in that case you could only edit Mask field or delete such mask. Most probably you are trying to select some node whose mask you have inappropriately modified previously - all predefined masks should be fine.
FLWB

Post by FLWB »

ZvezdanD wrote:
FLWB wrote:By the way some of the preset nodes are working like the Multi-item Custom 1 field. When I try to select that one I get an error "The mask defining this Magic Node produced an error" and when I open to edit it all of the selections are blank and all of the fields are disabled.
If you got the error, please post:
1. version of the program and version of the add-on;
2. mask of the corresponding node causing the error;
3. screenshot of the error message with displayed line number where the error occurred;
4. screenshot of the Settings dialog box (not necessarily).

All controls in the Settings dialog box are disabled when the mask is incorrect, in that case you could only edit Mask field or delete such mask. Most probably you are trying to select some node whose mask you have inappropriately modified previously - all predefined masks should be fine.
I hadn't tried to edit any of the predefined masks.
MMW v.4.1.1.1703 / Magic nodes 4.2

Mask of the node with error:

Code: Select all

<Group|Name:Split examples|Show tracks:No>\Multi-item Custom 1 field|Icon:Top level\<Custom 1|Split by:; >\<Album with album artist>
Last edited by FLWB on Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

FLWB wrote:Mask of the node with error:

<Group|Name:Split examples|Show tracks:No>\Multi-item Custom 1 field|Icon:Top level\<Custom 1|Split by:; >\<Album with album artist>
Do you have renamed Custom 1 field in MM? Old versions of Magic Nodes had problem with custom fields because the mask contained modified custom field names. That is fixed in the new version which accepts both <Custom x> and <Renamed_custom_field> formats.
FLWB

Post by FLWB »

ZvezdanD wrote:
FLWB wrote:Mask of the node with error:

Do you have renamed Custom 1 field in MM? Old versions of Magic Nodes had problem with custom fields because the mask contained modified custom field names. That is fixed in the new version which accepts both <Custom x> and <Renamed_custom_field> formats.
Aahh that would be it. Thanks I'll look to getting the newer version.
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

My "Custom 5" field is named "Encoder". When I installed Magic Nodes I got an error that came up telling me something like "Your Custoom FIeld "Encoder" is improperly
named. Rename it with another text". When I click "ok" it goes away and I can proceed as normal. But everytime I start MM up this error pops up. I uninstalled MNds and everything is back to normal now.

Does anyone have a clue?

It's interesting that it has a problem with the term "encoder" as that is a term that shows up naturally in the Details tab in MM file properties.
Is MNds making some weird conflicting association with that and my "Custom 5: Encoder"?
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
MMW 4.1.31.1919; 5.0.4.2690 || back it up...frequently!
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
"The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth"
😜
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

MMFrLife wrote:Is MNds making some weird conflicting association with that and my "Custom 5: Encoder"?
The field/tag with the name "Encoder" already exists in MediaMonkey that could be seen/modified in the Properties dialog box. The field with the name "Encoder" also already exists in Magic Nodes and it corresponds to the built-in MM field.

Magic Nodes could behave improperly if some custom field is named as some another existing MN field. You should change the name for that custom field to something another as you got suggested in that error message.