Magic Nodes 4.2 w/ 380 masks & real GUI (2011-07-01)[MM2+]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

ZvezdanD

Re: Magic Nodes 4.2 w/ 380 masks & real GUI (2011-07-01)[MM2

Post by ZvezdanD »

rrfpacker wrote:I'm trying to get this same thing under playlists so I can sync it. Everytime I try to do so, MM freezes.
Could you upload your database file packed with Zip to some public file server like Mediafire, so I could try to reproduce that problem by myself?
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
Milquetoast

Post by Milquetoast »

ZvezdanD wrote:
Milquetoast wrote:The final piece I need is that I would only like the album to be expandable if there is more than 1 disc present.
You should take a look at the included "Genre, Artist, Album, Dics #" mask. Here is also the excerpt of the What is new section for the 3.0 version:
* Added: possibility to use Show if empty option/qualifier for all local nodes except the last (deepest) one, with the hidden plus sign for nodes without sub-nodes; especially useful when Unknown qualifier for the next level is set to No, e.g. <Album|Show if empty:Yes>\<Disc Number|Unknown:No>.
Thanks for the quick response! That's almost what I need, except because of the way my tracks are tagged, everything has at least a Disc 1. There are no unknown nodes when splitting it up by disc number, so they're still expandable; if I take an album and remove the disc #, it works fine, but I have 40,000 songs tagged with disc numbers. I just want to hide the sub-node if everything in that album is on the same disc. Am I missing something? Maybe an additional filter on the disc # node?
MediaMonkey Gold user since 2005
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

Milquetoast wrote:That's almost what I need, except because of the way my tracks are tagged, everything has at least a Disc 1. There are no unknown nodes when splitting it up by disc number, so they're still expandable
I understand now your requirement. I am afraid that it cannot be realized without removing disc number for all single disc albums. I doubt that filter could help, buy you could try this Filter:<Disc number> <> '1/1'. However, the filters could be assigned only to global node, not to local nodes.
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
thefaceman

Post by thefaceman »

My newest 'problem' is finding duplicates with the same Artist values but with 'swapped' positions within that field
Example

Ella Fitzgerald And Louis Armstrong vs. Louis Armstron And Ella Fitzgerald.

I am not so concerned if the titles are correct, I can find those later. I just want my artist fields with multiple artists following the same format so I can avoid duplicates in the future.

This may be a Reg/Exp script solution though.

Thanks again in advance for any help
Anamon

Re: Magic Nodes 4.0 w/ 320 masks & real GUI (2010-06-24) [MM

Post by Anamon »

ZvezdanD wrote:
IWakeUpStrange wrote:I'm wondering if it's possible to use Magic Nodes to create a node that combines the content of two separate fields into one list, where the same entry in both fields would appear only once in the node list. Essentially, it would be like MM's native "Artist & Album Artist" node, only using different fields (in my case, Custom 1 and Custom 2).
Sorry, but this is not possible.
Dug this up from a year ago, because I tried to do the same thing. I'd like to have an Involved People node that doesn't only list people from the Involved People field, but also Composer (and possibly Conductor and Lyricist, too). I don't redundantly add people from these fields to Involved People a second time. Each node would then bring up all the tracks this person has been involved in, no matter in which of the fields they appear.

Since this does not seem to be currently possible with MagicNodes, I'd like to cast my vote as feature request for such an option, maybe someday, in some distant update? :D It's literally the only idea I have ever had that I was not able to realise with MagicNodes, so thanks for this amazing add-on, it is an invaluable tool!
Milquetoast

Post by Milquetoast »

ZvezdanD wrote:
Milquetoast wrote:That's almost what I need, except because of the way my tracks are tagged, everything has at least a Disc 1. There are no unknown nodes when splitting it up by disc number, so they're still expandable
I understand now your requirement. I am afraid that it cannot be realized without removing disc number for all single disc albums. I doubt that filter could help, buy you could try this Filter:<Disc number> <> '1/1'. However, the filters could be assigned only to global node, not to local nodes.
Yeah, I tried that filter before and then realized they were global -- the entire node only showed me albums that had more than one disc. The ability to add filters to individual sub-nodes would be a great feature :)
MediaMonkey Gold user since 2005
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

thefaceman wrote:My newest 'problem' is finding duplicates with the same Artist values but with 'swapped' positions within that field
Example

I am not so concerned if the titles are correct, I can find those later. I just want my artist fields with multiple artists following the same format so I can avoid duplicates in the future.

I don't understand what you want. I already gave you the solution for that request. Did you try the mask that I posted in http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 61#p319261? It works with multi-item artists as well.

Of course, Magic Nodes cannot modify tags, its purpose is only to display the groups of tracks. If you want to swap artists written in such format, e.g. Ella Fitzgerald And Louis Armstrong -> Louis Armstrong And Ella Fitzgerald, you could use the RegExp's "Swap text separated by specified string in <Into Field>..." preset with the specified " And " string. However, it could be used only for single-item artists. If you want to do the same thing with multi-item artists, you could use the following settings:
Preset: Swap names separated with " And " or " & " in <Into Field>...
Description: Ella and Louis -> Louis and Ella or Ella & Louis -> Louis & Ella (works with multi-item fields as well)
Find what: (\s*)([^;]+?)(\s+(?:and|&)\s+)([^;]+?)($|;\s*)
Into: Artist
Regular expression 1: checked
Replace with: $1$4$3$2$5
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

Anamon wrote:I'd like to have an Involved People node that doesn't only list people from the Involved People field, but also Composer (and possibly Conductor and Lyricist, too).
Well, it seems that this requests has the most votes so far and maybe I would think about it even if I don't like it because it could display nodes where you cannot know for sure what is displayed. For example, if you have mixed Artist and Composer, if you click e.g. on node "John Lennon", which tracks should be displayed? Tracks where Artist = "John Lennon" or Composer = "John Lennon" or any of them?

Another important question is, how to write such mask? ...\<Artist>|<Composer>\... maybe? How to realize GUI? You see, it is much simpler to add some new hard-coded field, e.g. <Involved People & Composer>, then to make such thing customizable.
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

Milquetoast wrote:The ability to add filters to individual sub-nodes would be a great feature :)
Yeah, I though about that idea already, but it seems that it could be too difficult for realization. Even the new mask's syntax would be a great problem. You see, the global node is not surrounded with <>, so you could write filters in global level with those characters, e.g. Filter:<Year> > 2000. However, the local nodes are already using them which would make parsing of masks almost impossible. Just take a look at this imaginary mask: My node\<Artist|Filter:2000 > <Year>>\<Year>

I though also to add one new option, similar to Show node if empty, which would be named e.g. Show single nodes only or something like that. It would be much simpler for implementation then filters for local nodes, but it seems that such option could have some use only with the Disc number field. Also, it would require enlargement of the MN dialog box because of the new corresponding control, which I don't like since that dialog box is already too big.
thefaceman

Post by thefaceman »

ZvezdanD wrote:
thefaceman wrote:My newest 'problem' is finding duplicates with the same Artist values but with 'swapped' positions within that field
Example

I don't understand what you want. I already gave you the solution for that request. Did you try the mask that I posted in http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 61#p319261? It works with multi-item artists as well.

Of course, Magic Nodes cannot modify tags, its purpose is only to display the groups of tracks. If you want to swap artists written in such format, e.g. Ella Fitzgerald And Louis Armstrong -> Louis Armstrong And Ella Fitzgerald, you could use the RegExp's "Swap text separated by specified string in <Into Field>..." preset with the specified " And " string. However, it could be used only for single-item artists. If you want to do the same thing with multi-item artists, you could use the following settings:
Preset: Swap names separated with " And " or " & " in <Into Field>...
Description: Ella and Louis -> Louis and Ella or Ella & Louis -> Louis & Ella (works with multi-item fields as well)
Find what: (\s*)([^;]+?)(\s+(?:and|&)\s+)([^;]+?)($|;\s*)
Into: Artist
Regular expression 1: checked
Replace with: $1$4$3$2$5
Sorry I did see the mask but it did not 'FIND' any artists. I know I have some in my database though.
The Reg/Exp option just seems to find ALL 'And' artists and swaps them around.

I may not be clear on my request.

Here is an more detailed example.

I have an artist with two artists and same title

Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Armstrong - Baby, It's Cold Outside.mp3

and

Louis Armstrong And Ella Fitzgerald - Baby, It's Cold Outside.mp3

But the issue is not really duplicates it is more about consistency.

I want all my AND artists to have the same 'format' So if there are OTHER songs by either Louis Armstrong And Ella Fitzgerald it will find them as a 'Duplicate'. I do not care if I only have ONE song by them, it is a matter of making ALL of the 'DUET' artists have the SAME artist name ORDER as they are listed. I am willing to have it done alphabetically if that makes it easier.

BUT I am also willing to just FIND them and fix them myself manually so that all DUET artists have the same "LISTING ORDER".

I do not need it for >2 artists like Blood, Sweat And Tears, as those do not happen very often, but it if is EASY to do then it would just be a nice bonus.

I hope this clarifies my situation.

FYI

The other 2 problems

2. Finding all of the artists with commonly misspelled or variations on words
Example

Color vs Colour or Don't vs Do Not.

Yes I have started my own 'list' of 'misspellings' but I was hoping someone would have done a 'common' one of typos like
"adn" (and) or "teh" (the). and added common language differences like "color' vs "colour". It does not have to 'change' them just FIND them would be enough.

3. And the n' WORKS nicely. Now I know the ' (single quote) is the 'escape' character I needed to use

Sorry for continued troubleshooting
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

thefaceman wrote:Sorry I did see the mask but it did not 'FIND' any artists.
It did FIND artists. You have some another problem with database. Check if you really have tracks of both "Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Armstrong" and "Louis Armstrong and Ella Fitzgerald" in your database.
So? I didn't say otherwise. I posted that preset if you want to swap names of artists for selected tracks. However, if you prefer to do that manually, go ahead.
Yes I have started my own 'list' of 'misspellings' but I was hoping someone would have done a 'common' one of typos like
"adn" (and) or "teh" (the). and added common language differences like "color' vs "colour".
You are lazy one, served all on plate, right? Why don't you write such mask by yourself and post it here for benefit of us all?
Anamon

Post by Anamon »

ZvezdanD wrote:For example, if you have mixed Artist and Composer, if you click e.g. on node "John Lennon", which tracks should be displayed? Tracks where Artist = "John Lennon" or Composer = "John Lennon" or any of them? Another important question is, how to write such mask? ...\<Artist>|<Composer>\... maybe? How to realize GUI? You see, it is much simpler to add some new hard-coded field, e.g. <Involved People & Composer>, then to make such thing customizable.
I understand the difficulties of this and that it doesn't feel entirely "clean" from a DB viewpoint (although, without thinking it through, I don't think it should be more than a UNION over some SELECTs). I would suppose the node would have to display results that fit any of the criteria, although I'm not sure whether there could be potential use cases that ask for something different.

But I do think that the pros outweigh the cons in this case, just as it does for MM's built-in Artist & Album Artist node. Since I understand the complexity involved I wanted to just subtly express the wish rather than "request" it; in the sense that it would be cool, if a bit much to ask :)
thefaceman

Post by thefaceman »

ZvezdanD wrote:
thefaceman wrote:Sorry I did see the mask but it did not 'FIND' any artists.
It did FIND artists. You have some another problem with database. Check if you really have tracks of both "Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Armstrong" and "Louis Armstrong and Ella Fitzgerald" in your database.
So? I didn't say otherwise. I posted that preset if you want to swap names of artists for selected tracks. However, if you prefer to do that manually, go ahead.
"adn" (and) or "teh" (the). and added common language differences like "color' vs "colour".
You are lazy one, served all on plate, right? Why don't you write such mask by yourself and post it here for benefit of us all?
1. I just checked my 'known' 'swapped' artists and their 'Artist values" are
(examples

Ella Fitzgerald And Louis Armstrong
vs
Louis Armstrong And Ella Fitzgerald

Another example

Dave Edmunds And Suzy Bogguss
vs.
Suzy Bogguss And Dave Edmunds

Those two seem to match

This one would not (due to the 'THE'

Beach Boys And The Fat Boys
vs
Fat Boys And The Beach Boys

2. My apologies on the Reg/Exp example you provided. I guess I assumed (sorry my mistake) it was a 'quick' solution, but only once I tried it did I realize what its functionality is. I would have no way with that script to determine if their is a counter 'match' in the list. While it is a 'cool' script, it does not seem to help me find 'matches'

3. I started a script with only 2 words in it, and then I thought well I should ask if someone already created such a query.
I thought at one point in time there was a 'spell checker in MM", but it was probably something else.

My current script is.

<Group|Name:Title MISSPELLS...|Show tracks:No>\Featuring MISSPELLS In title|Icon:Top level\<Title|Unknown:No|Statistic:Count(All)|Ex Right of: colour|dont|aint>

But as you can tell I have some 'exceptions" I need to add to the list. So once I realized my 'error' I posted my request.

But I looks like I am starting to get 'too greedy' on my 'request' quota. My apologies.

thefaceman :oops:
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

thefaceman wrote:1. I just checked my 'known' 'swapped' artists and their 'Artist values" are
(examples

Ella Fitzgerald And Louis Armstrong
vs
Louis Armstrong And Ella Fitzgerald
As I said, if you have tracks both from "Ella Fitzgerald And Louis Armstrong" and "Louis Armstrong And Ella Fitzgerald", they should be displayed with the mask that I have posted. I tried that mask with tracks with swapped names and it works fine. If you still don't get such result then I could only suggest that you upload your database file packed with Zip, 7Z or Rar to some file server, so I could try it by myself.
2. My apologies on the Reg/Exp example you provided. I guess I assumed (sorry my mistake) it was a 'quick' solution, but only once I tried it did I realize what its functionality is. I would have no way with that script to determine if their is a counter 'match' in the list. While it is a 'cool' script, it does not seem to help me find 'matches'
Yes, RegExp could be used even to find matches that you want, but I didn't write the preset for that because in this case Magic Nodes is better solution if you only need to display such tracks.
3. I started a script with only 2 words in it, and then I thought well I should ask if someone already created such a query.
I thought at one point in time there was a 'spell checker in MM", but it was probably something else.

My current script is.

<Group|Name:Title MISSPELLS...|Show tracks:No>\Featuring MISSPELLS In title|Icon:Top level\<Title|Unknown:No|Statistic:Count(All)|Ex Right of: colour|dont|aint>

But as you can tell I have some 'exceptions" I need to add to the list. So once I realized my 'error' I posted my request.

But I looks like I am starting to get 'too greedy' on my 'request' quota.
You are not "too greedy", but you are starting to ask for trivial solutions. I already posted you the mask which could be used, you only need to customize it by adding the misspelled words.
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

rrfpacker wrote:I have the following mask already in MN under Album Ratings. It's function is to find all albums rated 3 or better with at least 5 songs. It works fine where it is.

<Group|Name:Album Ratings|Show tracks:No>\Albums with weighted avg. track rating >= 3 stars and at least 5 rated tracks|Icon:Top level|Filter:Songs.IDAlbum In (SELECT IDAlbum FROM Songs WHERE Rating >= 0 GROUP BY IDAlbum HAVING Sum(SongLength * Rating) / Sum(SongLength) >= 60 AND Count(Rating) >= 5)\<Album|Sort by:Avg(Rating)|Statistic:Count(All)>

I'm trying to get this same thing under playlists so I can sync it. Everytime I try to do so, MM freezes. I've tried changing the position from a child of MN to a child of Playlists within the mask itself and by copying the mask and pasting it into a "New" magic node. It freezes while it is "filling" up the node.

Or, everything is created as it should be and when I click on one of the albums under the node, nothing happens. MM says it's reading tracks and no tracks show up.

Any help is appreciated.
I have tried your database file, thanks for sending it. It seems that everything is fine, but the operation that you started lasts so much because you wanted to create playlists for 818 albums. You see, when you choose to move some Magic node to Playlists branch, all its sub-nodes would be expanded and filled with the corresponding tracks at once which could take a while with some complex queries. MediaMonkey is also very slow when you want to add so much playlists at once. It is my fault because I haven't added the progress bar to the script which could display some useful information during that process, e.g. the percentage until the finished work. However, it cannot be very accurate for nodes with two or more nested levels anyway.

My only suggestion is to limit somehow the number of sub-nodes added to the Playlists, or you could turn on the "Show elapsed time in the progress bar after SQL queries" option from the Options dialog box and you would get at least some kind of information that something is happening until the script finishes with adding the playlists.