Magic Nodes 4.2 w/ 380 masks & real GUI (2011-07-01)[MM2+]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

rrfpacker

Re: Magic Nodes 4.2 w/ 380 masks & real GUI (2011-07-01)[MM2

Post by rrfpacker »

ZvezdanD,

Thank you so much for your time and patience. I believe you went above and beyond.

If I understand you correctly, what I am trying to do takes time, probably longer than the 5 minutes I'm giving it and I need to wait. Or I can create different playlists, maybe some of the biggest genres, and then create a playlist using these. I will first try to create the node tonight and let the computer percolate as long as it needs. I need to brush up on MN so I can then try to create the filters you suggest.

Thank you again. Your MN script is so powerful and I'm just now beginning to see what I can do with it.
Milquetoast

Post by Milquetoast »

ZvezdanD wrote:Yeah, I though about that idea already, but it seems that it could be too difficult for realization. Even the new mask's syntax would be a great problem. You see, the global node is not surrounded with <>, so you could write filters in global level with those characters, e.g. Filter:<Year> > 2000. However, the local nodes are already using them which would make parsing of masks almost impossible. Just take a look at this imaginary mask: My node\<Artist|Filter:2000 > <Year>>\<Year>

I though also to add one new option, similar to Show node if empty, which would be named e.g. Show single nodes only or something like that. It would be much simpler for implementation then filters for local nodes, but it seems that such option could have some use only with the Disc number field. Also, it would require enlargement of the MN dialog box because of the new corresponding control, which I don't like since that dialog box is already too big.
As a developer myself, I totally understand. There are a ton of options squeezed into the dialog box and I would hate to have to make it even bigger just for an option with limited use.

One other thing I noticed is that quite often, I have a problem bringing up the "Send to..." menu when using a magic node. I don't remember having this issue before MM4, but honestly I've been doing a lot more exporting lately so it's possible it's been that way for a while. I usually have to right click on another node and then right click on the one I want in order for it to come up. Is this an issue with MM itself and the way it handles extensions?
MediaMonkey Gold user since 2005
markeh

Post by markeh »

My custom Magic Nodes disappeared when I installed MM 4.0. Any way of finding and reusing them without rewriting them??

thnx,
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

Milquetoast wrote:One other thing I noticed is that quite often, I have a problem bringing up the "Send to..." menu when using a magic node. I don't remember having this issue before MM4, but honestly I've been doing a lot more exporting lately so it's possible it's been that way for a while. I usually have to right click on another node and then right click on the one I want in order for it to come up. Is this an issue with MM itself and the way it handles extensions?
You are right. I just checked several builds of MM3 and MM4 and this is definitely a bug of the program introduced with MM4. It doesn't display "Send to..." menu even if I have explicitly specified SDB.UI.Menu_Pop_Tree_SendTo.Visible = True. Maybe you should report that in the Bug forum.
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

markeh wrote:My custom Magic Nodes disappeared when I installed MM 4.0. Any way of finding and reusing them without rewriting them??
Do you have Magic Nodes options in the Edit menu? If you have them, then your Magic Nodes' node is somehow disabled in the Options dialog box, but the script is still installed and its masks are transferred. Anyway, you could find Magic Nodes masks ([CustomNodeMasks]) and its settings ([MagicNodes]) in the MediaMonkey.ini file , so you could copy/paste that sections manually using Notepad or you could use the Magic Nodes Export/Import option to import masks. Here you could find the default folder for MediaMonkey.ini file: Modifying the MediaMonkey db and ini files.
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
markeh

Post by markeh »

ZvezdanD wrote:
markeh wrote:My custom Magic Nodes disappeared when I installed MM 4.0. Any way of finding and reusing them without rewriting them??
Do you have Magic Nodes options in the Edit menu? If you have them, then your Magic Nodes' node is somehow disabled in the Options dialog box, but the script is still installed and its masks are transferred. Anyway, you could find Magic Nodes masks ([CustomNodeMasks]) and its settings ([MagicNodes]) in the MediaMonkey.ini file , so you could copy/paste that sections manually using Notepad or you could use the Magic Nodes Export/Import option to import masks. Here you could find the default folder for MediaMonkey.ini file: Modifying the MediaMonkey db and ini files.

Thanks. I found the old ones (backups are good) and imported them.

Steegy

Post by Steegy »

Hello,

Sorry in advance for my ignorance or inability to read everything on this large thread...

One of the Magic Nodes I use has the following mask: Taal/Instrument|Position:First child\<Taal/Instrument|Unknown:No|Split by:;>\<Artist>

So it splits the custom field Taal/Instrument on ";" and adds all the values as nodes under the Taal/Instrument node. This works fine if the values are like "value1;value2". If there's a space in between (like "value1; value2"), then the 2nd value isn't shown under the T/I node. I'm using the latest version 4.2.

For now I removed all the spaces around the ";" character in my custom fields, but in my opinion MN should accept it by trimming spaces automatically. If I split on "; " (with a space), then "value1;value2" (without a space) obviously doesn't get split.

Of course it could also very well be that the mask I'm using isn't OK.

Cheers,
Steegy
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

Steegy wrote:So it splits the custom field Taal/Instrument on ";" and adds all the values as nodes under the Taal/Instrument node. This works fine if the values are like "value1;value2". If there's a space in between (like "value1; value2"), then the 2nd value isn't shown under the T/I node.
That is reported several times before, so maybe I should have put it in the FAQ section of the first post. Unfortunately, that post is already too long and cannot accept too much new text without removing some of the existing text because of the Forum limitations.

I will try to resolve that problem, but until that you are forced to be consistent when using your separators. The RegExp Find & Replace add-on and its "Add space character after "";"" separator in multi-item <Into field> if missing" and "Remove space character after "";"" separator in multi-item <Into field>" presets could simplify that to some extent.
thefaceman

Post by thefaceman »

ZvezdanD wrote:
thefaceman wrote:1. I just checked my 'known' 'swapped' artists and their 'Artist values" are
(examples

Ella Fitzgerald And Louis Armstrong
vs
Louis Armstrong And Ella Fitzgerald
As I said, if you have tracks both from "Ella Fitzgerald And Louis Armstrong" and "Louis Armstrong And Ella Fitzgerald", they should be displayed with the mask that I have posted. I tried that mask with tracks with swapped names and it works fine. If you still don't get such result then I could only suggest that you upload your database file packed with Zip, 7Z or Rar to some file server, so I could try it by myself.
I just SOLVED why the script you provided was not working for me. The 'problem' was the script used the word ' and ' whereas I capitalize my ' Ands '. I modified the script you gave me and ALL of the listed I expected are not listed.

FYI - The script has a little quirk that I can live with in that IF the names before and after the ' And ' are the same like
'Coheed And Coheed' the show up in the results. I am sure I figure out an 'exception', and just noted it in case others enjoy this script as well as I have. I now have 200 less duplicates... YAY

Again, I appreciate your time and my apologies for not noticing my lack of describing the differences in the 'and' vs 'And' sooner.
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

thefaceman wrote:FYI - The script has a little quirk
Here is the mask which is case insensitive and doesn't display tracks from the artists like "Coheed And Coheed":

Code: Select all

Artists with swapped names (e.g. Ella & Louis vs. Louis & Ella)|Filter:(UpperW(SubStr(<Artist>, InStr(UpperW(<Artist>), ' AND ') + 5) || ' and ' || SubStr(<Artist>, 1, InStr(UpperW(<Artist>), ' AND ') - 1)) IN (SELECT UpperW(Artist) FROM Artists INNER JOIN ArtistsSongs ON ArtistsSongs.IDArtist = Artists.ID) OR SubStr(<Artist>, InStr(<Artist>, ' & ') + 3) || ' & ' || SubStr(<Artist>, 1, InStr(<Artist>, ' & ') - 1) IN (SELECT Artist FROM Artists INNER JOIN ArtistsSongs ON ArtistsSongs.IDArtist = Artists.ID)) AND UpperW(<Artist>) <> UpperW(SubStr(<Artist>, InStr(UpperW(<Artist>), ' AND ') + 5) || ' and ' || SubStr(<Artist>, 1, InStr(UpperW(<Artist>), ' AND ') - 1)) AND <Artist> <> SubStr(<Artist>, InStr(<Artist>, ' & ') + 3) || ' & ' || SubStr(<Artist>, 1, InStr(<Artist>, ' & ') - 1)
thefaceman

XMAS search for Magic Nodes

Post by thefaceman »

I promised to start listing my magic nodes that I have created. So I will start with this one.

I hope this is the best place to post this.

It is not perfect, as there are bound to be some 'exceptions' i missed or are added, but it is a start.

<Group|Name:Titles for XMAS...|Show tracks:No>\Featuring XMAS Titles|Icon:Top level\<Title|Unknown:No|Statistic:Count(All)|Ex Right of: altar|angels|auld lang|ave maria|bethlehem|boy child|candy cane|carol of the|chimney|christmas|claus|cold outside|coventry|deck the hall|december|do you hear|drummer boy|emmanuel|faithful|favorite thing|feliz|frosty|gift|gloria|god|greensleeve|hark|herald|holidays|holly|holy|hymn|jack frost|jesus|jingle|joy to|manger|mary, did|merry|midnight clear|mistletoe|most wonderful|new year|noel|nutcracker|peace on|pretty paper|reindeer|rudolph|saint|santa|silent night|silver bells|sleigh|snow|st mary|sugar plum|three ships|time of the|toy|very good year|what child|wenceslas|winter|xmas|yule>
thefaceman

Various Magic Nodes for Newbies

Post by thefaceman »

I am a Newbie at understanding Magic Nodes, and I have had some FANTASTIC help from ZvezdanD getting some new types of Magic Nodes created. Below are several that were created for me (so give others credit not me) and some I created myself (and are not perfect, but get the job done)
I hope they help

Magic Nodes searches

Many of these searches were given to me by MM experts. So full credit goes to them. I just modified them for my own special

needs and hope they can be useful for others. They are not perfect, but they get the job done.

NOTE: Go to EDIT > MAGIC NODES SETTINGS > Click NEW button and then cut and paste the text shown in this post between the two

============ sections into the Mask field and Click the ADD button. The new Magic Node search will be listed.

---------Titles with Weird characters
--------- - There are characters that I prefer to change to standard characters and some listings for multiple artists so I

can keep the title 'pure'.

============
<Group|Name:Title WEIRD Chars...|Show tracks:No>\Featuring WEIRD Chars In title|Icon:Top

level\<Title|Unknown:No|Statistic:Count(All)|Ex Right of: feat. |featuring |vs. |w/|w/ |,,| ,|/|duet |feat |n' |' | '|"|~|!

|`|@|#|$|%|^|&|*|=|_|+|?|()| )|( |]|[|}|{|é|ç|á|ä|ö|°|presents >
============
---------

---------Artists with WEIRD characters
--------- - There are characters that I prefer to change to standard characters and some listings for multiple artists so I

can keep the artist field'pure'. Note: It is not the exact same characters as above but close.

============
<Group|Name:Artist WEIRD chars...|Show tracks:No>\Featuring WEIRD characters in artist|Icon:Top

level\<Artist|Unknown:No|Statistic:Count(All)|Ex Right of: feat. |w/|w/ |featuring |vs. |,,| ,|.|/|duet |feat |n' |' |

'|"|~|!|`|@|$|%|^|&|*|=|_|?|)|(|]|[|}|{|é|ç|á|ä|°|ö|+|presents >
============
---------

---------Artists with Swapped Artists with multiple track listings.
--------- - These are artists who have 'duets' but have the first and last artist listed differently for each track.
(Example: Simon And Garfunkel vs. Garfunkel and Simon).

============
Artists with SWAPPED names (Ella & Louis vs. Louis & Ella)|Filter:UpperW(SubStr(<Artist>, InStr(<Artist>, ' And ') + 5) || '

and ' || SubStr(<Artist>, 1, InStr(<Artist>, ' And ') - 1)) IN (SELECT UpperW(Artist) FROM Artists INNER JOIN ArtistsSongs ON

ArtistsSongs.IDArtist = Artists.ID) OR SubStr(<Artist>, InStr(<Artist>, ' & ') + 3) || ' & ' || SubStr(<Artist>, 1, InStr

(<Artist>, ' & ') - 1) IN (SELECT Artist FROM Artists INNER JOIN ArtistsSongs ON ArtistsSongs.IDArtist = Artists.ID)
============
---------

---------Artists with Multiple ANDS in the artist field.
--------- - Often my artists have too many ANDS in the artist field. Also has some punctuation checks like And, in the title

and artist field. (example Earth And Wind And Fire)

============
Artist with Multiple 'And' in the field|Filter:UpperW(<Artist>) GLOB '* AND * AND *' OR <Artist> Like '%And,%' OR <Title>

Like '%And,%'
============
---------

---------Artist or Title that start with A, An or The.
--------- - This search helps find them all. There are other scripts that can fix them, but at least now you can find them

easier.
============
Artist OR Titles Start with A An OR The|Filter:<Title> Like 'A %' OR <Title> Like 'An %' OR <Title> Like 'The %' OR <Artist>

Like 'A %' OR <Artist> Like 'An %' OR <Artist> Like 'The %'\<Artist>\<Title>
============
---------

---------Artist or Title that have multiple BLANK spaces in the title or artist field
--------- - The Reg/Exp can remove them but this helps FIND them first.
---------

============
Multiple 'spaces' WITHIN an ARTIST or TITLE fields|Filter:<Artist> Like '% %' OR <Title> Like '% %'
============
---------

---------Artist with part of Title listed OR Artist in the Title field.
--------- - Sometimes the tracks have the title and artist merged into the same field. And vice versa. Here are searches to

find both different types.

============
Tracks with Title as a part of Artist|Filter:<Multi Artist> Like '%' || <Title> || '%'
============

============
Tracks with Artist as a part of Title|Filter:<Title> Like '%' || <Multi Artist> || '%'
============

---------

---------Titles that ENDS with a specific character.
--------- - I often have a few characters that seem to be tacked onto my titles that are not easy to find otherwise. Two of

those are '-' (dashes) and 'n'' (ing without the g). I prefer not to have the extra single quote mark in my title. And many

of my titles had an extra 2 at the end when I created some duplicates.
This finds those specific characters, but you can just change the character you prefer in the script.

============
Finding Title that 'ENDS' with a specific character|Filter:<Title> Like '%' || '-' OR <Title> Like '%n''' OR <Title> Like

'%-' OR <Title> Like '%2'
============
---------

---------Titles with common misspellings.
--------- - This is just a start for my list since I could not find a 'spell checker' for mm3.
============
<Group|Name:Title MISSPELLS...|Show tracks:No>\Featuring MISSPELLS In title|Icon:Top level\<Title|Unknown:No|Statistic:Count

(All)|Ex Right of: colour|dont| aint|teh |adn >
============
---------

---------Titles with XMAS (or holiday) titles.
--------- - Again not perfect but has a majority of the xmas season type of song titles.
============
<Group|Name:Titles for XMAS...|Show tracks:No>\Featuring XMAS Titles|Icon:Top level\<Title|Unknown:No|Statistic:Count(All)|Ex

Right of: Altar|Angels|Auld|Ave Maria|Bethlehem|Boy Child|Candy Cane|Candycane|Carol Of|Christmas|claus|Cold

Outside|Coventry|Do You Hear|Drummer|Emmanuel|Fideles|Frosty|Gifts|Gloria|Greensleeves|Herald|Holiday|Holy|Jingle|Joy

To|MangerMary, Did You|Merry|Mistletoe|Navidad|Nutcracker|O Come|O Holy|O Little|Peace On|Pretty

Paper|Reindeer|Rudolph|Saint|Santa|Silent Night|Silver Bells|Sleigh|Snow|Time Of The Year|Three Kings|Three Ships|What Child|

Wenceslas>
============

Hope these are useful.
Last edited by thefaceman on Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
thefaceman

Need help with 'swapped' script

Post by thefaceman »

Below is the script I use for the 'swapped artist'. It worked great. I am trying to figure out how to adapt it to find 'swapped artists' with ' And The ' instead of just ' And '. (note: I capitalize every word in my artist fields)

I thought it would be just as easy as changing the ' And ' to ' And The ' in a few places but that does not seem to work.
I thought I only had about 10 of these but it seems I have a lot more that I would like to find.
Examples (Beach Boys and The Fat Boys vs Fat Boys And The Beach Boys)

Thanks again

---------Artists with Swapped Artists with multiple track listings.
--------- - These are artists who have 'duets' but have the first and last artist listed differently for each track.
(Example: Simon And Garfunkel vs. Garfunkel and Simon).

============
Artists with SWAPPED names (Ella & Louis vs. Louis & Ella)|Filter:UpperW(SubStr(<Artist>, InStr(<Artist>, ' And ') + 5) || '

and ' || SubStr(<Artist>, 1, InStr(<Artist>, ' And ') - 1)) IN (SELECT UpperW(Artist) FROM Artists INNER JOIN ArtistsSongs ON

ArtistsSongs.IDArtist = Artists.ID) OR SubStr(<Artist>, InStr(<Artist>, ' & ') + 3) || ' & ' || SubStr(<Artist>, 1, InStr

(<Artist>, ' & ') - 1) IN (SELECT Artist FROM Artists INNER JOIN ArtistsSongs ON ArtistsSongs.IDArtist = Artists.ID)
============
---------
ZvezdanD

Re: Need help with 'swapped' script

Post by ZvezdanD »

thefaceman wrote:I am trying to figure out how to adapt it to find 'swapped artists' with ' And The ' instead of just ' And '.

Artists with swapped names (e.g. Beach Boys and The Fat Boys vs Fat Boys And The Beach Boys)|Filter:(UpperW(SubStr(<Artist>, InStr(UpperW(<Artist>), ' AND THE ') + 9) || ' and the ' || SubStr(<Artist>, 1, InStr(UpperW(<Artist>), ' AND THE ') - 1)) IN (SELECT UpperW(Artist) FROM Artists INNER JOIN ArtistsSongs ON ArtistsSongs.IDArtist = Artists.ID) OR UpperW(SubStr(<Artist>, InStr(UpperW(<Artist>), ' & THE ') + 7) || ' & the ' || SubStr(<Artist>, 1, InStr(UpperW(<Artist>), ' & THE ') - 1)) IN (SELECT UpperW(Artist) FROM Artists INNER JOIN ArtistsSongs ON ArtistsSongs.IDArtist = Artists.ID)) AND UpperW(<Artist>) <> UpperW(SubStr(<Artist>, InStr(UpperW(<Artist>), ' AND THE ') + 9) || ' and the ' || SubStr(<Artist>, 1, InStr(UpperW(<Artist>), ' AND THE ') - 1)) AND UpperW(<Artist>) <> UpperW(SubStr(<Artist>, InStr(UpperW(<Artist>), ' & THE ') + 7) || ' & the ' || SubStr(<Artist>, 1, InStr(UpperW(<Artist>), ' & THE ') - 1))
thefaceman

Re: Need help with 'swapped' script

Post by thefaceman »

ZvezdanD wrote:
thefaceman wrote:I am trying to figure out how to adapt it to find 'swapped artists' with ' And The ' instead of just ' And '.

Artists with swapped names (e.g. Beach Boys and The Fat Boys vs Fat Boys And The Beach Boys)|Filter:(UpperW(SubStr(<Artist>, InStr(UpperW(<Artist>), ' AND THE ') + 9) || ' and the ' || SubStr(<Artist>, 1, InStr(UpperW(<Artist>), ' AND THE ') - 1)) IN (SELECT UpperW(Artist) FROM Artists INNER JOIN ArtistsSongs ON ArtistsSongs.IDArtist = Artists.ID) OR UpperW(SubStr(<Artist>, InStr(UpperW(<Artist>), ' & THE ') + 7) || ' & the ' || SubStr(<Artist>, 1, InStr(UpperW(<Artist>), ' & THE ') - 1)) IN (SELECT UpperW(Artist) FROM Artists INNER JOIN ArtistsSongs ON ArtistsSongs.IDArtist = Artists.ID)) AND UpperW(<Artist>) <> UpperW(SubStr(<Artist>, InStr(UpperW(<Artist>), ' AND THE ') + 9) || ' and the ' || SubStr(<Artist>, 1, InStr(UpperW(<Artist>), ' AND THE ') - 1)) AND UpperW(<Artist>) <> UpperW(SubStr(<Artist>, InStr(UpperW(<Artist>), ' & THE ') + 7) || ' & the ' || SubStr(<Artist>, 1, InStr(UpperW(<Artist>), ' & THE ') - 1))
Hmmm... I was not even close on my guess, but I now see the pattern that I should have used. :oops:

Perfect. 72 more duplicates and 22 more swapped artists corrected.

Thanks again for your time, skill and patience. :wink: