Magic Nodes 4.2 w/ 380 masks & real GUI (2011-07-01)[MM2+]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

willyvds

Re: Magic Nodes 4.2 w/ 380 masks & real GUI (2011-07-01)[MM2

Post by willyvds »

Does anyone know what is the easiest way to copy a mask? I have a mask which I want to use as a starting point for a similar new mask.
I'm probably overlooking something, but I can't find this.
Thanks for your response.
Regards, Willy
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

willyvds wrote:Does anyone know what is the easiest way to copy a mask? I have a mask which I want to use as a starting point for a similar new mask.
Select some mask, then:
1. Rename, if you change Caption, or
2. Update, if you change some settings, or
3. Add, if you change both Caption and some settings, i.e. if you want to add a new mask based on some existing one.
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
willyvds

Post by willyvds »

Yes, that's what I want. But if I select a node (in the MM screen), I can only select "new" and this clears the screen.
If I modify the name of the selected node, I can only select rename.
I want to add, but I do not get that option....
Regards, Willy
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

willyvds wrote:I want to add, but I do not get that option....
Edit > Magic Nodes Settings
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
willyvds

Post by willyvds »

Okay, thanks!
Regards, Willy
ScottBolton

Post by ScottBolton »

This post may appear confusing to some users as it is in response to a post a couple of pages back. I am responding to a post "by ZvezdanD » Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:48 pm".

I participate in many professional forums for CAD and design where I am fortunate to be able to help others. On this forum I rely on the help of others. On each of them there is an individual page for each broad topic - taking AutoCAD as an example, there is one forum for general CAD, one for VBA, one for VisualLISP, one for requests, etc.. On each of these pages there is a list of questions, and clicking on the questions opens a new page that shows the question in full and the replies to that specific question only. So for my question on this forum, the first post would be "How do I get to see my nodes" Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:46 pm, then one by ZvezdanD » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:17 pm, then one Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:30 pm, one Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:48 am, and finally this one. Five posts in an easy to follow order, not interrupted by other posts. This is what I mean by "I find this forum very difficult to navigate. 126 pages of quite different topics." Incidentally, I had to open this forum in a second window in order to paste text from earlier posts. There is certainly room for improvement.

Anyway, shortly after my initial post another MM update was posted which displayed my nodes under the 'Entire library' heading. This meant that I didn't have to alter my MM3 nodes in any way to have them work correctly in MM4. Job done.
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

ScottBolton wrote:So for my question on this forum, the first post would be "How do I get to see my nodes"
Here is the excerpt from the Forum Rules topic: "if a thread already exists for a particular script, enter the question in that thread."

There are at least two reasons why I suggest that:
- I am not visiting all MM forums, nor I read all topics, actually I visit MM forums only when I receive notification in e-mail that someone posted in my add-on thread; so if you post question somewhere else I might not know about it and you wouldn't get the answer anyway, at least not from me (please note that I am the author of this add-on and I have posted 99.99% answers here, so there is a very little chance that someone else would give you an answer);
- the add-on thread has more visits than the thread that you started and the answer to your question might be interesting for more visitors using that add-on.
willyvds

Post by willyvds »

It would be usefull if very popular add ons (like Magic Nodes) had it's own forum under Technical Support.
I would be easier then to follow a specific discusion, and look up old answers.
Regards, Willy
theax

Post by theax »

Hi, i just found your awesome add-on. Have played with it a bit and managed to copy and alter a few masks and move them to a collection i use when i play music thru plugplayer using MM as a upnp-server. I was hoping to be able to create my own node (or at least copy some of the ones you have created :wink: ) to better be able to choose music on my ipad to play on my stereo. I cant see the magic nodes tree nodes thru the upnp-server. Is this possible or am i barking up the wrong tree?

theax
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

theax wrote:I cant see the magic nodes tree nodes thru the upnp-server. Is this possible or am i barking up the wrong tree?
Unfortunately, MM programming interface does not allow such thing.
Jondar

Post by Jondar »

Hi everyone.

I need help with creating a mask (assuming that what I want is possible).

I'm looking for files that have duplicate titles, but when checking for duplicates, they ignore anything in the title that's included inside square brackets '[]' at the end of the title.

Example: "SongTitle" and "SongTitle [Cool Mix]" would be considered the same song.

Is this sort of thing possible with a Magic Node, or should I be looking for another script?

Thanks in advance for your time

~Jondar
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

Jondar wrote:I'm looking for files that have duplicate titles, but when checking for duplicates, they ignore anything in the title that's included inside square brackets '[]' at the end of the title.

Example: "SongTitle" and "SongTitle [Cool Mix]" would be considered the same song.
I don't understand if you want to get only duplicates where at least one have [] at the end, or you want any combination of duplicates. Also, you didn't mention if you want to consider the Artist name or just Title. Anyway, you could try this mask:

Code: Select all

<Group|Name:Duplicates...|Show tracks:No>\Tracks with same Title ignoring text in square brackets '[...]' at the end|Icon:Top level|Filter:SubStr(Songs.SongTitle || ' ', Length(RTrim(Songs.SongTitle, Replace(Songs.SongTitle, '[', ''))) - 1, -9999) COLLATE IUnicode IN (SELECT SubStr(SongTitle || ' ', Length(RTrim(SongTitle, Replace(SongTitle, '[', ''))) - 1, -9999) COLLATE IUnicode AS GroupField FROM Songs GROUP BY GroupField HAVING Count(*) > 1)\<Title|Trim:1>\<Title with artist|Statistic:Count(All)>
EDIT: The previous mask works correctly only in MM4. Here is the mask which works with MM3 as well:

<Group|Name:Duplicates...|Show tracks:No>\Tracks with same Title ignoring text in square brackets '[...]' at the end|Icon:Top level|Filter:CASE WHEN Songs.SongTitle <> Replace(Songs.SongTitle, '[', '') THEN RTrim(SubStr(Songs.SongTitle, 1, Length(RTrim(Songs.SongTitle, Replace(Songs.SongTitle, '[', ''))) - 1)) ELSE Songs.SongTitle END COLLATE IUnicode IN (SELECT CASE WHEN SongTitle <> Replace(SongTitle, '[', '') THEN RTrim(SubStr(SongTitle, 1, Length(RTrim(SongTitle, Replace(SongTitle, '[', ''))) - 1)) ELSE SongTitle END COLLATE IUnicode AS GroupField FROM Songs GROUP BY GroupField HAVING Count(*) > 1)\<Title|Trim:1>\<Title with artist|Statistic:Count(All)>
Last edited by ZvezdanD on Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jondar

Post by Jondar »

ZvezdanD wrote:I don't understand if you want to get only duplicates where at least one have [] at the end, or you want any combination of duplicates. Also, you didn't mention if you want to consider the Artist name or just Title. Anyway, you could try this mask:

<Group|Name:Duplicates...|Show tracks:No>\Tracks with same Title ignoring text in square brackets '[...]' at the end|Icon:Top level|Filter:SubStr(Songs.SongTitle || ' ', Length(RTrim(Songs.SongTitle, Replace(Songs.SongTitle, '[', ''))) - 1, -9999) COLLATE IUnicode IN (SELECT SubStr(SongTitle || ' ', Length(RTrim(SongTitle, Replace(SongTitle, '[', ''))) - 1, -9999) COLLATE IUnicode AS GroupField FROM Songs GROUP BY GroupField HAVING Count(*) > 1)\<Title|Trim:1>\<Title with artist|Statistic:Count(All)>
That was *exactly* what I was after. Thanks very much! I wasn't too concerned with Artist being included, as I can easily do a sort by title, then artist.

~Jondar
Viper21

Post by Viper21 »

Hi,

I have the following magic node which lists all the sub-folders in a given directory on my C: drive:

<Group|name:My Magic Nodes|Show tracks:Yes>\All New Albums|Icon:Top level|Child of:Library|Filter:<Path> Like 'C:\New Music%'\<Folder|Right of:New Music|Show rank:Yes>
Normally there is only one level of folders under 'C:\New Music'.
The nodes display the text of the folder path after "C:\New Music"; however, each displayed node starts with a backslash (\). I want to omit this first backslash from the displayed folder path.
However, MagicNodes won't let me include the backslash in the "Right of" local qualifier so as to hide it.
How can a hide the first backslash from the paths that are displayed?

As a bonus, I'd also be happy to hide the last backslash at the end of the displayed file path.

Thank you
-Viper21
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

Viper21 wrote:However, MagicNodes won't let me include the backslash in the "Right of" local qualifier so as to hide it.
I am not sure that understand what you exactly want, but you are wrong that MagicNodes won't let you include the backslash in the "Right of" local qualifier. You just need to escape it with the same character, i.e. you should specify it twice. If you are using GUI and type string directly into the Right of text box, the script would automatically add one more "\" character into the mask.