Magic Nodes 4.2 w/ 380 masks & real GUI (2011-07-01)[MM2+]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

ZvezdanD

Re: Magic Nodes 4.2 w/ 380 masks & real GUI (2011-07-01)[MM2

Post by ZvezdanD »

conandrum wrote:1. I found a small bug. If I start updating a MagicNode in playlists, which takes a few minutes, I can switch to another MM tab which could be showing the Music node or anything else. I noticed that this breaks the functionality of MN with multiple errors (something to do with node is missing or somthing). You have to force close MM and restart. It is very unusual that someone would do this while updating a MN but I had to report it to you.
I cannot reproduce it, but I will look at it. The next time you get the error, it would be nice if you post the screenshot saying on which line of code you got it.
conandrum wrote:1. I wish there was some indication as to what it is doing when updating a MN in playlists. At the moment I have a blank status bar. because my MNs take 5 or more minutes
to update, I would like to see a progress bar.
The progress bar cannot be displayed because the script doesn't know in advance how much folders/files should be added to the Playlists branch, but maybe I could add some kind of information to the progress bar when adding/updating such Magic nodes. Also, you could try with the option "Show elapsed time in the progress bar after SQL queries" turned on.
conandrum wrote:2. I am using 6 MN playlists to update to my phone. They are all children of playlists. When I add a few new songs to my library I have to update each one separately before I synchronize the phone. because I have to update each one separately I have to be a slave to my PC for at least 20 minutes.
I tried to stick all my MN playlists under another MN in playlists by manually moving my MNs under it (before the upgrade), but I could not refresh ALL MNs at once.

So, I WISH there was a one-click way to 'Refresh All MNs under Playlists' or even a way to group them under another MN in playlists which allows me to refresh all MNs under it.
I have implemented a possibility to Refresh all Magic playlists that belong to the same group choosing Refresh Magic Playlist command on that group node, but it seems that this command is now broken. Thanks for the report, I will fix it as soon as possible.

By the way, there is already a way to group several Magic nodes under some group in the Playlists branch using the Group option as it is the case with the regular Magic nodes (those that are outside of the Playlists branch).
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
conandrum

Post by conandrum »

I recreated the error. and found another bug.

First the bug..
When I right click on a magicnode in playlists, and choose 'refresh magic playlist' or click shift+F5, nothing happens.
The only way to refresh the playlist is to edit the node, and insert a space in the SQL to count as a change and by clicking OK a refresh is generated.
I don't know how I missed this yesterday. Maybe because the installation already created them, I did not try a refresh.

Now for the screenshots of the other minor bug mentioned before.
I started a refresh of a magic playlist and as soon as the first level of subnodes appeared, I opened a new tab and went to click on the music node.
I got a popup before choosing the music node.
I clicked ok and then a second popup.

Also I noticed that the magic playlist below the one I was refreshing was expanded in the new tab I was in (maybe something to do with it?).
Also I noticed that masks disappear and even the names of other playlists disappear, but the playlist is still there.
Big mess if you play with this a few times!!!

The bug does not happen when refreshing short single-node playlists. It does not happen with my last 6000+ playlist with 1 level of sub-folders.
It happens with my playlists of 6000+ 2-level of subfolders.
If I open a new tab before the first sublevels appear, no popups appear and the refresh is just stopped - only the first subnode is shown and I have to start a new refresh to bring the playlist to a healthy state.
At least no orphan playlists arise from this.

Hope this helps you to find the problem.
TheMcShan

Post by TheMcShan »

Hi

How can i make a node similar to the "Albums with multiple years" only i need one that is for the whore date (YYYY.MM.DD)?
Thanks! love this script!
electricessence

Post by electricessence »

Here is my query:

Code: Select all

Songs.ID IN (SELECT ID FROM Songs WHERE Songs.ID IN ( SELECT ID FROM Songs WHERE <Custom 2> NOT LIKE 'Retire%' AND <Custom 2> NOT LIKE 'Duplicate%' AND Rating >= 60 AND ( <Played> < 1 AND <Days since last played> > 1 OR LastTimePlayed = 0.0 OR <Days since last played> > (<Played> * <Played> + 7 + 100-<Rating> ) ) AND Songs.Artist IN ( SELECT Artist FROM Songs GROUP BY Artist HAVING Max(LastTimePlayed) = 0.0 OR JulianDay( Date('now', 'localtime') ) - JulianDay( Date(Max(LastTimePlayed) + JulianDay('1899-12-30')) ) > 7 ) AND ( Songs.Album = "" OR Songs.IDAlbum IN ( SELECT IDAlbum FROM Songs GROUP BY IDAlbum HAVING Max(LastTimePlayed) = 0.0 OR JulianDay( Date('now', 'localtime') ) - JulianDay( Date(Max(LastTimePlayed) + JulianDay('1899-12-30')) ) > 2 ) ) GROUP BY IDAlbum ORDER BY (<Played> - 2*<Year> - <Rating>/20)) GROUP BY Artist)
https://gist.github.com/electricessence ... 53aa4da95d

It works exactly as I want it to with some minor caveats:
  • Sorting (ORDER BY) doesn't work and I'm guessing because it's not ordering by the result set, but the underlying group set. Would really like a working default sort.
  • It's quite complicated. Without using a lot of redundant date code, I was unable to get this to work any other way. Any help at reducing this query would be nice.
What does this query do?
It's a godsend. Thank you Magic Nodes for letting me do this:
It only selects 3+ star songs from artists/albums/compilations that haven't been heard in a while. This is really important in bigger collections since you can very easily play out some songs and not hear from others.
The timeframe is computed by (Days):
  • Song: <Played>^2 + 7 + 100 - <Rating>
  • Artist: Greater than 1 week.
  • [*/]
  • Album/Compilation: Greater than 2 days.
Therefore the more time you play a song, an artist, or album, the longer it will take to repeat a song by that artist or album.
willyvds

Post by willyvds »

Awesome! I always had the idea of making something like this but I never did...
Some questions from my side:
1. I have put the mask under "playlist". It works but somehow I cannot make it refresh. Any ideas?
2. I'm not sure what "GROUP BY IDAlbum ORDER BY (<Played> - 2*<Year> - <Rating>/20)) " should do?
3. I'm also not sure by which criterion you would want to sort?
But anyway: thanks a lot!
Regards, Willy
LemurTech

Post by LemurTech »

Greetings, Gurus! Hunted around in this thread and others but can't seem to find the answer to my Magic Nodes question, so here goes!

I want to do a split based on Custom Field 5 ("Keywords"), which is a comma-separated list of keywords: Key1, Key2, Key3, etc. This will be used to create a two-level "Keywords" node that should work like this:

Key1   (files with Key1 AND any other key)
--Key2 (files with Key1 AND Key2)
--Key3 (files with Key1 AND Key3)

Key2  (files with Key2 AND any other key)
--Key1 (files with Key2 AND Key1)
--Key3 (files with Key2 AND Key3)

Key3  (files with Key3 AND any other key)
--Key1 (files with Key3 AND Key1)
--Key2 (files with Key3 AND Key2)
I have succeed in creating the first-level and second-level nodes; however, I can't get the mask/query set up so that a file that already appears in one node can also appear in a lower node. Is this even possible? My mask looks like this:

Keywords|Icon:Top level|Position:First child|Child of:Library|MM filter:MyGenre\<Keywords|Unknown:No|Split by:,|Split Mode:Categories>\<Custom 5|Split by:,|Split Mode:Parts After|Split part:1>
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit / MediaMonkey for Windows v4
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

Is it possible to have the prefix count in parentheses, without the hyphen?
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
MMW 4.1.31.1919; 5.0.4.2690 || back it up...frequently!
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
"The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth"
😜
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

MMFrLife wrote:Is it possible to have the prefix count in parentheses, without the hyphen?
It is not possible. The prefix (Sort by) is always without parentheses, but separated from the main field with the hyphen, while the suffix (Statistics) is always within parentheses without any additional separator.
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

I'm trying to create several sub nodes under a caption that then have sub nodes under them, not every level has a "step laddered" sub node, and so on.
[the forum makes everything justified left, so I put hyphens before the nodes only to show the "tree sub indention".]

ex. of step ladder:

Fix/Edit (caption)
- Title
- - Album Artist
- - -Artist
- - - Album
- - - - Involved People

ex. what I want:

Fix/Edit (caption)
- Title
- - (step laddered nodes)
- Album Artist
- Artist
- Album
- Involved People

- where fields like Title, Album Artist, Artist, etc. are on the same node level and are not step laddered under the caption but have nodes step laddered under them.

Is there a way to do this within a single caption node creation without having to separately create the main sub nodes as separate "new" nodes (last child of) for the one caption node.
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
MMW 4.1.31.1919; 5.0.4.2690 || back it up...frequently!
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
"The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth"
😜
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

MMFrLife wrote:Is there a way to do this within a single caption node creation without having to separately create the main sub nodes as separate "new" nodes (last child of) for the one caption node.
It is not possible to do that with a single mask. You need to create one mask per field putting them all inside of one group. For example, a mask for the Artist field would be:

<Group|Name:Fix/Edit>\Artist\<Artist>
the Title field would be:

<Group|Name:Fix/Edit>\Title\<Title>
and so on.
Mizery_Made

Post by Mizery_Made »

I'm having trouble updating some of my old Magic Nodes that I've carried from at least the early MM 3.x days. They are attempting to find files where one field equals something, and another field is empty. An example:
Filter:GroupDesc = '--Album--' AND <Composer> = ''
That should find files that have a Grouping of "--Album--" and an empty Composer field, shouldn't it? I'm getting an empty node however. Meanwhile, an auto-search results in 13,790 files.
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

Mizery_Made wrote:I'm having trouble updating some of my old Magic Nodes that I've carried from at least the early MM 3.x days. They are attempting to find files where one field equals something, and another field is empty. An example:
Filter:GroupDesc = '--Album--' AND <Composer> = ''
That should find files that have a Grouping of "--Album--" and an empty Composer field, shouldn't it? I'm getting an empty node however. Meanwhile, an auto-search results in 13,790 files.
<Composer> MN field cannot be compared to empty string, as you could see from some examples in the Filter examples group. You should use <Multi Composer> or Songs.Author instead. The same apply for all multi-item fields.
mana

Sort by Artist, by album year filter > 2 tracks

Post by mana »

I am trying to set a magic node showing artists and albums sorted by year but limiting the display to albums with more than 2 tracks and that are not compilations.

I'm not able to set the filter, or when I did then the year did not show up before the album name.

Here is the mask I am using so far:

Album Artist with Album by year|Icon:Top level|Child of:Library|Position:First child|Filter:<Album artist> <> 'Various Artists'\<Album Artist>\<Album|Sort by:Max(Year)>
Help would be greatly appreciated!
Last edited by Lowlander on Sat Oct 24, 2015 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged with existing post
Camus II

Post by Camus II »

mana,

I replaced <Album|Sort by:Max(Year)> with <Album|Min tracks:3|Sort by:Max(Year)>to add "limiting the display to albums with more than 2 tracks". Even without that, your mask works as intended for me. The problem may just be general database related which a complete optimisation might help to sort out.
Haaden2

Post by Haaden2 »

The MediaMonkey tree has a node Artist & Album Artist. I think I recall a while back confirmation on this thread that Magic Nodes doesn't have that capability. Is that (still) true?

What I'd really like to make is a node Album Artist & Involved People. I can create for a specific artist (admittedly this is clumsy but it avoids getting into the Split thing which always confuses me):

Vince Gill|Icon:0|Filter:(<Artist> = 'Vince Gill' OR <Involved People> Like '%: Vince Gill%')\<Title with artist plus album>
But when the database includes thousands of artists and involved people it's not reasonable to create thousands of customized nodes to get this.