Magic Nodes 4.2 w/ 380 masks & real GUI (2011-07-01)[MM2+]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

carlosfr

Parsing File Name with Right Of Qualifier

Post by carlosfr »

Hi,

I'm new to MediaMonkey and Magic Nodes, and I have created a mask that I like, but I'm trying to modify it and I seem to be stuck.

I'm trying to find items where the tagged artist or title do not match the way I do my filenames.

Filenames are like this:
[<artist>] <title>.extension

So, this filter will make that comparison:
Filter:<Artist> <> SubStr(<File name>, 2, Length(<Artist>))

The problem with this filter is that it misses items where the difference is that something is tacked on to the filenames artist section making it longer than the tagged artist.
Meaning that if these two have the same artist tagged, then it thinks these two match when they really don't:
[<artist>] <title>.extension
[<artist> zzz] <title>.extension

I thought I could improve this by doing something like this:
Filter:<artist> <> <File name|Right of:[|Right until:]>

This isn't working, and I haven't been able to figure out why. It may be simple syntax or something else, but I figure I need a little bit of help.

The error I'm getting is 'The mask defining this Magic Node produced and error...'

Thanks!
carlosf

Re: Magic Nodes 4.2 w/ 380 masks & real GUI (2011-07-01)[MM2

Post by carlosf »

Ok, it turns out I overlooked where filters can't use modifiers.

I did come up with a different way to do it, posting here in case it is useful to anybody else:

<Group|Name:Carlos Custom|Show tracks:No>\Tagged Artist no match Filename Artist V2 |Filter: ']' <> SubStr(<File name>, length(<artist>)+2, 1)
<Group|Name:Carlos Custom|Show tracks:No>\Tagged Title no match Filename Title V2 |Filter: length(<file name>) <> (length(<artist>)+length(<title>)+3)
Valrog

Post by Valrog »

Hello folks been awhile since ive been around. But im back at it tryin to perfect my tags. But ive come to a wall. Is not the problematic tracks node suppose to be a child of the files to edit tab? If so its not showing up. Any suggestions? Thanks for any insight. I bid ya folks a good day.

Post by Guest »

Entire Library > Files to Edit
Valrog

Post by Valrog »

Its not showing up under files to edit. any suggestions?

Post by Guest »

Is it not showing up under the Files to Edit of the Entire Library collection? Do you have installed MN masks for corresponding nodes?
Haaden2

Post by Haaden2 »

Made the switch to the enhanced Version 5.0 and I'm very pleased! Great new features and capabilities. Definitely worth the donation for anybody who uses Magic Nodes.

I've been messing around with the adjustable parameters feature which gives me super flexibility and reduces the number of nodes I need. Something I'm wondering: I have set up an adjustment for choosing a rating range

Code: Select all

(Rating >= <Number|Caption:Minimum Stars|Value:3|MinValue:0|MaxValue:5|ID:1> * 20 AND Rating <= <Number|Caption:Maximum Stars|Value:3|MinValue:0|MaxValue:5|ID:2> * 20)
which gives me two sliders to adjust.

1. Is there a more elegant way to provide selection of a range than this? Something all together on one slider, or more tied together visually in the dialog box?

2. Is there a way to ensure the chosen minimum value isn't more than the chosen maximum value and the chosen maximum value isn't less than the chosen minimum value? I tried setting the ID:1 tag using MaxValue:<ID:2> and setting the ID:2 tag using MinValue:<ID:1> but that did not work.
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

Haaden2 wrote:1. Is there a more elegant way to provide selection of a range than this?
I doubt there is a more elegant way to adjust two numerical values than using two spin/slider controls. By the way, here are the controls that are available in MM scripts by its API: http://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index.php/SDBUI. There is limited set of controls that you could see in the program itself, so if MM don't have some control that you would like too see, then the script is even less likely that could use such control.
Haaden2 wrote:2. Is there a way to ensure the chosen minimum value isn't more than the chosen maximum value and the chosen maximum value isn't less than the chosen minimum value? I tried setting the ID:1 tag using MaxValue:<ID:2> and setting the ID:2 tag using MinValue:<ID:1> but that did not work.
Sorry, but there is no such way. Magic Nodes doesn't support nested tags. You just need to be careful when you enter these values.
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

How do you exclude a pairing of terms where you've already told it to include one of them,
as a silly example:

Let's say I want
<Title> Like '%Cream%' OR <Title> Not Like '%Cream Corn%'
or like,
<Title> Like '%Cream%' OR <Title> Not Like '%Corn%'
but anything with Cream will be included regardless because I asked it to include it, but I don't want it when it's
paired with certain terms like Corn.
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
MMW 4.1.31.1919; 5.0.4.2690 || back it up...frequently!
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
"The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth"
😜
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

MMFrLife wrote:How do you exclude a pairing of terms where you've already told it to include one of them
AND instead of OR.
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
icebergisonfire

Post by icebergisonfire »

Hello all, I'm trying to create a sorting of album artist with different genre, virtually the same as the artist with different genre in magic nodes and i continue to run into complications. Any help is greatly appreciated.
willyvds

Post by willyvds »

Hi, I installed a new virusscanner today and it reports that magicnodes.vbs has a worm: https://www.f-secure.com/v-descs/worm_w32_njw0rm.shtml
Is this a false positive, or do I really have an issue?
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

It is a false positive. F-Secure was already reported with the Export/Create Playlists add-on in this thread: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =2&t=85139

I have submitted the following report to F-Secure, waiting for their response:
"I am software developer and I have several add-ons for MediaMonkey which is Windows media application. I don't have your anti-virus software, but some users reported that it detected worms in two of my add-ons (e.g. http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 73#p425873). I suppose that your software will find suspicious any MediaMonkey add-on, be it mine or by another author. You could download and try some of MediaMonkey add-ons by another authors from here: http://www.mediamonkey.com/addons/. My add-ons are located here: http://solair.eunet.rs/~zvezdand/MediaMonkeyAddons.htm

I guarantee that my add-ons are not malicious nor they contain any malware. My computer is not infected, I have installed Avast anti-virus software always standing in the memory, I am not using any untested software and most certainly I have no intentions to write and distribute malware by myself. I am writing MediaMonkey add-ons for last 10 years and for all that time nobody had any such problems with them.

Please do something about this, I don't like to be false accused for something that I didn't do."
willyvds

Post by willyvds »

Thanks for the quick response, and sorry that I overlooked the other reports. I only looked in this thread.
Keep up the good work!
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

I got the response from F-Secure:
"The files you submitted is indeed clean. Our anti-virus product had a false alarm on this file earlier, however the problem is already fixed in the latest anti-virus update."

Do you have their latest version of anti-virus installed?