Magic Nodes 4.2 w/ 380 masks & real GUI (2011-07-01)[MM2+]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

nzdreamer55

Re: Magic Nodes 4.2 w/ 380 masks & real GUI (2011-07-01)[MM2

Post by nzdreamer55 »

Hello everyone,

I just got MM and am learning the ropes (haha monkeys play on ropes). So one problem I have is that I have many duplicated files on different drives and locations. I want to filter those files which are duplicates which are not in location "X". This way I can delete these and move what ever is left into the location "X" thus consolidating my collection. I was given the recommendation for trying Magic Nodes. This look pretty cool. I have read the intro PDF (much of which is over my head), but have the basics. I tried to create a node, but am not getting the files I need, but rather an error saying "The mask defining this Magic Node produced and error..."

I have attached a picture of what I tried to create (just realized that I need to link to it and cannot upload). Can this be done and what should I change to do it?

Here is the mask

AND <Path> Not Like '%\\TITANSERVER\1media.3tb\iTunes\iTunes Media\Music%'

Thank you
-S
ZvezdanD

Re: Error #-214748113 –SongsDB.SDBStringlist

Post by ZvezdanD »

jonisaksson wrote:When ever I start mediamonkey I get an error message
That bug was removed in Magic Nodes v4.1.
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

nzdreamer55 wrote:I tried to create a node, but am not getting the files I need, but rather an error saying "The mask defining this Magic Node produced and error..."

Here is the mask

AND <Path> Not Like '%\\TITANSERVER\1media.3tb\iTunes\iTunes Media\Music%'
Your SQL filter is wrong, you should remove the "AND " from the begin.
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
jonisaksson

Post by jonisaksson »

ZvezdanD wrote:
jonisaksson wrote:When ever I start mediamonkey I get an error message
That bug was removed in Magic Nodes v4.1.
I had forgot to check for updates, updating Magic Nodes did indeed resolve it :)
Thank you ZvezdanD!
nzdreamer55

Post by nzdreamer55 »

Need some help creating a mask with magic nodes. I though that I could do it, bust after reading the PDF instructions, and playing around with it I am not getting the results that I suspect. I have had my audio files copied in multiple areas on my network. This means that I have a lot of double and triple (~ 10,000) files. There are some files that I have added but not to my main folder storage area (\\titanserver\1media.3tb\music) for music. I would like to create a node which lists any files which are NOT specifically located within my main music storage directory (\\titanserver\1media.3tb\music). This way I can copy them to the main storage directory and delete anything else that is outside of it (which should be copies of what is inside), thus eliminating the multiple copies. I would like to output to be sorted by artist then by album within artist to help me when I am reading the output.

Can someone help me create something like this?

Thank you
-S
rrfpacker

Post by rrfpacker »

ZvezdanD,
However, with the mentioned mask those displayed values will not be weighted. I cannot remember when I helped you with that mask, most probably it was before I added WAvg function to this add-on for the Sort by qualifier. So, if you want to get album ratings weighted by tracks length you should replace Avg with WAvg.
<Group|Name:Album Ratings|Show tracks:No>\Albums with weighted avg. track rating >= 3 stars and at least 5 rated tracks|Icon:Top level|Filter:Songs.IDAlbum In (SELECT IDAlbum FROM Songs WHERE Rating >= 0 GROUP BY IDAlbum HAVING Sum(SongLength * Rating) / Sum(SongLength) >= 60 AND Count(Rating) >= 5)|Child of:Playlists|Position:Child\<Album|Sort by:Avg(Rating)|Statistic:Count(All)>

Concerning the mask changes, I changed the Node as you suggested, just added a "W" in front of Avg, and it did not change the number of albums. It seems as though your original mask works as there are some albums rated less than 3 by MM, that have long songs rated high, and they show up in this node.

I'm just giving you information...don't waste any time on this. I have what I need using this MN, or a modified one, and a report by Trixmoto to get me where I want. Thank you again for the help with the original.
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

rrfpacker wrote:I changed the Node as you suggested, just added a "W" in front of Avg, and it did not change the number of albums.
It should not change the number of albums. The Filter qualifier with its SQL expression is responsible for that and it is unmodified. The suggested modification was for Sort by qualifier which affects only order of nodes (albums in your case) and the values displayed in the front of nodes. As I said, without "W" you would get displayed standard averages, not weighted.

By the way, if you have the "Display sorting/statistic results only if all values are defined" option turned on then you need to have rated all tracks from some album, otherwise that album would not have displayed the rating in the front of node. If you want to get displayed ratings even for albums with some unrated tracks then you should turn the mentioned option off.
rrfpacker

Post by rrfpacker »

ZvezdanD wrote:
rrfpacker wrote:I changed the Node as you suggested, just added a "W" in front of Avg, and it did not change the number of albums.
It should not change the number of albums. The Filter qualifier with its SQL expression is responsible for that and it is unmodified. The suggested modification was for Sort by qualifier which affects only order of nodes (albums in your case) and the values displayed in the front of nodes. As I said, without "W" you would get displayed standard averages, not weighted.

By the way, if you have the "Display sorting/statistic results only if all values are defined" option turned on then you need to have rated all tracks from some album, otherwise that album would not have displayed the rating in the front of node. If you want to get displayed ratings even for albums with some unrated tracks then you should turn the mentioned option off.
Thank you, again, for a concise, easy to understand, explanation. You scripters are awesome and speak a language I don't understand and your patience is appreciated.

Maybe you can answer something. The node we are discussing, in the Magic Node section, does indeed display the album rating (to be honest, I just found the "Round to nearest 1/2 star option today, unchecked it, and now the ratings display how I want!) in front of the album, which you've said is expected. When I copied this MN and made its Position a Child of Playlists (the only thing I changed) the rating is no longer displayed, but how many files are in the album is displayed after the album name. And, each album listed under the node is considered a playlist, creating hundreds of playlists of individual albums. Is this normal?

Because of that behaviour, I do not use the "Magic Node playlist" to sync, as this particular node now has 874 additional playlists, which I'm sure would bog down most devices and who wants that many playlists to sort through? I have created an auto-playlist using the MN playlist as a condition and sync this new playlist.

I hope this all makes sense and I only give it to you for information. I don't expect a solution as I am more than happy with the results, and you have much more important things to do :).

Thank you again for your help.
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

rrfpacker wrote:When I copied this MN and made its Position a Child of Playlists (the only thing I changed) the rating is no longer displayed, but how many files are in the album is displayed after the album name.
This is the intentional behavior - if you place some Magic node in the Playlists branch then the sorting values wouldn't be displayed. In that case the Sort by qualifier is used only for ordering of sub-nodes, but since the playlists are sorted alphabetically by default, it would be preferable to use the Show rank qualifier to keep the specified order.

If you want to have displayed those sorting values even for Magic nodes in the Playlists branch, then you could use Statistics qualifier with the same argument as you have it for Sort by qualifier (WAvg(Rating)). It is recommended if you read the Pdf manual, at least the part about Sort by and Statistics qualifiers.
rrfpacker wrote:And, each album listed under the node is considered a playlist, creating hundreds of playlists of individual albums. Is this normal?
Yes, that is the intentional behavior again. Actually, that possibility is added in MN v4.0. However, the solution for your occasion is really simple - if you read the "Information about 4.0 version" section of the first post of this thread you could see this:

"If you want to move some existing node from the Magic Nodes to Playlists branch, but you don't want to get sub-nodes, you have two possibilities: you could remove sub-nodes from the mask or you could turn off the Show nodes option, but that option could be used only for the last (bottomless) level of nodes, so that possibility is only applicable for masks with only one sub-level of nodes."
rrfpacker

Post by rrfpacker »

Thank you again for your help and your kind (instead of mean) admonishments to read the instructions. Your scripts are wonderful, I use them, but I don't understand them. I will re-read the instructions and see if I can't figure out what to do.
node user

Post by node user »

I LOVE Magic Nodes but, despite poring over the manual for ages, totally suck at coding them. Can you tell me how I would write a Node that selected one random song per year, please? I'd like to have a random playlist each time of about 60 tracks, starting from 1952 with one per year right up to 2012.
Darryl_Gittins

Magicnodes error When I try to move a track

Post by Darryl_Gittins »

Hi folks!

Might anyone know how to fix this (without wiping MM)?

When I try to move a track to a different location in the tree from within a Magic Node, I get this error:

Error #-2147418113-
File: "PATH"Scripts\Auto\Magicnodes.vbs", Line: 7280, column:12

When I click OK, then this error:

Error happened during script execution:
Catastrophic failure

I'm running MN 4.2

Thanks!
Last edited by Lowlander on Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged with existing post
rrfpacker

Post by rrfpacker »

I'm pretty sure you can't move tracks from one Magic Node to another as each node has specific criteria and the tracks listed have that criteria.
ZvezdanD

Re: Magicnodes error When I try to move a track

Post by ZvezdanD »

Darryl_Gittins wrote:Hi folks!

Might anyone know how to fix this (without wiping MM)?

When I try to move a track to a different location in the tree from within a Magic Node, I get this error:

Error #-2147418113-
File: "PATH"Scripts\Auto\Magicnodes.vbs", Line: 7280, column:12

When I click OK, then this error:

Error happened during script execution:
Catastrophic failure

I'm running MN 4.2

Thanks!
Magic Nodes add-on supports drag&drop of tracks to the another Magic node for modification of fields/tags, in same way as you could do with the built-in nodes. For example, if you drop tracks to some Magic node that represents some album name then all selected tracks would get that album name. You cannot move tracks dropping them to some Magic node as you could do by using Location or My Computer nodes.

However, I would like to fix the mentioned bug, at least to allow display of some meaningful error message. It would be nice if you provide some more explanation how you got that error, from which node did you try to drag tracks, to which node you dropped tracks and if some of them are Magic node then please specify its mask.
Darryl_Gittins

Re: Magicnodes error When I try to move a track

Post by Darryl_Gittins »

ZvezdanD wrote:
Darryl_Gittins wrote:Hi folks!

It would be nice if you provide some more explanation how you got that error, from which node did you try to drag tracks, to which node you dropped tracks and if some of them are Magic node then please specify its mask.
I'd be happy to help if I can. I'm not dragging tracks to a different node - I'm dragging them to a different folder in the same node.

For exampl,e I have this node:
Record store|Child of:Library|MM filter:Music\<Custom 1>\<Custom 3>\<genre>\<album artist>\<album|sort by:max(year)>

I'm using <Custom 1> and <Custom 3> as sort of "uber" genres to represent "catchall" genres like "techno", or "rock" and so on.
If I then open that node and select any track that appears in "Unknown" (because <Custom 1> or <Custom 3> is unassigned) and then drag that track to one of the subfilders of that node, I get the error.

Would it help if I posted screenshots or a video?

Update: I've posted a video here: http://youtu.be/5E8qbH32r_Q

Let me know if I can help further.

Thanks dude!!