Magic Nodes 4.2 w/ 380 masks & real GUI (2011-07-01)[MM2+]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

ZvezdanD

Re: Art Browser with Details... no art displayed?

Post by ZvezdanD »

alteredNate wrote:This may very well be a bug of Media Monkey, but it only appears while browsing nodes in Magic Nodes. Basically, the main display that I prefer is "Art Browser with Details," as I like to see all the details of my tracks and be able to browse by cover art at the same time (and I'm not a fan at all of the columns browser, hate it!). In the default MM nodes, when I click on ANY parent node, the cover-flow-ish browser shows me the art for ALL of the child nodes. No problem here.

Moving to Magic Nodes, things get a little weird. What happens to me is that when I click on a parent node, the art browser stays blank, yet I see all of the details for all child node tracks just fine.
First of all, thank you very much for such detailed description of the problem. I really like when I see that someone have spent some time to check when/how some bug happens with my add-ons, instead of some reports like "your add-on doesn't work" without any further explanation.

Unfortunately, the mentioned problem is because of the MM bug, not matter why it is happening only with Magic nodes. You see, almost all MM add-ons use MM application programing interface (API) in their work and that API could be buggy. In this exact case it is the problem with the nodes that have OnFillTracks event registered using RegisterEvent method like MN regular nodes. The Magic nodes like "All" and "Unknown" use OnFillTracksFunct property for the same purpose which is not buggy and because of that they work fine. I could assign that OnFillTracksFunct property to all MN regular nodes as well to avoid the mentioned bug (in fact, the first MN versions had such approach), but in that case such nodes would not have proper drag&drop and renaming functionality.

If you really need "Art Browser with Details" to work fine with Magic nodes, but you don't need drag&drop/renaming functionality, you could open MagicNodes.vbs file in Notepad and in line 6495 replace:

Code: Select all

If bShowTracks Then
                        'oNewNode.OnFillTracksFunct = "FillCustomLeaf"
                        Script.RegisterEvent oNewNode, "OnFillTracks", _
                                "FillCustomLeaf"
                    End If
                    If Not nextIsLeaf Then
                        'oNewNode.OnFillChildren = "FillCustomNode"
                        Script.RegisterEvent oNewNode, "OnFillChildren", _
                                "FillCustomNode"
                    End If
with:

If bShowTracks Then
                        If oNewNode.OnDragDrop <> "CustomDragDrop" Then
                            oNewNode.OnFillTracksFunct = "FillCustomLeaf"
                        Else
                            Script.RegisterEvent oNewNode, "OnFillTracks", _
                                    "FillCustomLeaf"
                        End If
                    End If
                    If Not nextIsLeaf Then
                        If oNewNode.OnDragDrop <> "CustomDragDrop" Then
                            oNewNode.OnFillChildren = "FillCustomNode"
                        Else
                            Script.RegisterEvent oNewNode, "OnFillChildren", _
                                    "FillCustomNode"
                        End If
                    End If
After that restart the program and turn off the "Allow modifying of fields data by drag & drop or renaming tree nodes" option in the Options dialog box.
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
alteredNate

Re: Magic Nodes 4.2 w/ 380 masks & real GUI (2011-07-01)[MM2

Post by alteredNate »

Awesome!! Thanks for the quick reply. I actually use Jaikoz for all my tagging needs, and don't use drag'n'drop (at least not for the moment) but as I'm new to MM I haven't yet gotten into a "familiar" habit with it.

I will try your fix and let you know what happens!

I'm really loving the power of MN, being able to see my music by label, year, etc... so powerful!!! Thanks again.
alteredNate

Re: Re: Art Browser with Details... no art displayed?

Post by alteredNate »

Fantastic, works exactly as promised. Your explanation makes perfect sense too. Now however I'm wondering what I'm missing by disactivating the drag'n'drop... I'll have to look into that more closely!

And since you seem to really master the MM API, do you know if there is any way to crack into tags that MM doesn't give access to? (sorry again if this has been asked before, this time I didn't search before asking!) Specifically, I'm really interested in getting access to a tag called "Remixer" that Jaikoz provides, and I use it constantly. I am an electronic music fanatic and remixes bounce all over the place, and I'd LOVE to be able to create a mask that could read that tag and find tracks "remixed by" an artist - even inject them as a subnode under that artist, etc...

Plus there are alot of other tags that Jaikoz provides (discogs URL, total disc #, album sort artist, release type [album / ep / single / remix / live / bootleg... think of the power!]) that I'd love to see and filter with. (If you don't know Jaikoz it is simply awesome! My dream would be to integrate all of its power into MM directly :D )

Anyway, thanks again for the help! As I have a little SQL knowledge this is really incredible...
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

alteredNate wrote:I'm really interested in getting access to a tag called "Remixer" that Jaikoz provides
AFAIK, Remixer is not a standard ID3 tag and MM has not an access to non-standard tags created in some another program. The program you are mentioning most probably use some custom field for it instead.

The Songs table which holds all data about tracks has the Remixer field, but it is not available in MM GUI, nor it is available in MM API, so you don't have its direct access. I could modify RegExp Find & Replace and Magic Nodes add-ons to allow editing and displaying of that field, however I think that it is not advisable since data stored in that field wouldn't be saved into the files but only in the database. Because of that I think it is much better to use some of the existing Custom fields for it. MM has 5 available Custom fields and you could rename them in the Options dialog box to whatever you like.

If you have more then 5 different data that you want to store into tags without corresponding field in MM, you could use the same custom field for several data separated with e.g. "; ". Or you could use the named data stored into the same Custom field, something like this: "Country: USA; Language: Spanish". Then you could use Magic Nodes and its Split by, Left of and Right of qualifiers to display specific part of such field.

I think that you should decide between MM and that program you are mentioning and forget about another one or you could have too much trouble.
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
ScottBolton

Post by ScottBolton »

I find this forum very difficult to navigate. 126 pages of quite different topics. I don't know why lowlander moved my post onto p124. Anyway, on p125 I got a response from ZvezdanD:
Do you want to say that you don't see your own created masks which you imported from the previously created .ini file? Do you see them in the Export/Import dialog box at all? If you don't specify the Collection (MMfilter qualifier), the mask would be added to the first collection in the list. I don't now, maybe I should add such masks to the Entire Library collection instead?
That's correct - they appear in the Import/Export but not in the tree.

Here are all my nodes but only the Cover Art appears. You can see that I'm not using a "Collection (MMfilter qualifier)" for any. What can I do to fix this? I've gone back to MM3!

Mask1=<Group|Name:Master:|Show tracks:No>\Album Artist|child of:Artist|SQL filter:Songs.SongPath LIKE '%\Masters\%'|icon:top level\<Album Artist|trim:1>\<Album Artist>\<Album|sort by:max(year)|sort order:asc>
Mask2=<Group|Name:Master:|Show tracks:No>\Soundtrack |child of:Artist|SQL filter:Songs.SongPath LIKE '%\Masters\%' and Songs.SongPath LIKE '%soundtrack%'|icon:top level|icon:top level\<Album|trim:1>\<Album>
Mask3=<Group|Name:Master:|Show tracks:No>\Various|child of:Artist|SQL filter:Songs.SongPath LIKE '%\Masters\%' and Songs.SongPath LIKE '%Various%'|icon:top level|icon:top level\<Album|trim:1>\<Album>
Mask4=<Group|Name:Master:|Show tracks:No>\LPs|child of:Artist|SQL filter:Songs.SongPath LIKE '%\Masters\%' and Songs.SongPath LIKE '%LPs%'|icon:top level|icon:top level\<Album Artist|trim:1>\<Album Artist>\<Album|sort by:max(year)|sort order:asc>
Mask5=<Group|Name:Master:|Show tracks:No>\Classical|child of:Artist|icon:top level|icon:top level|Filter:( <Genre> = '%Classical%' OR <Genre> = 'Classical (Opera & Vocal)' OR <Genre> = 'Classical (Opera Complete)' ) AND Songs.SongPath LIKE '%\Masters\%'|icon:top level\<Album Artist|trim:1>\<Album Artist>\<Album|sort by:max(year)|sort order:asc>
Mask6=<Group|Name:Master:|Show tracks:No>\Composer|child of:Artist|icon:top level|icon:top level|Filter:( <Genre> = '%Classical%' OR <Genre> = 'Classical (Opera & Vocal)' OR <Genre> = 'Classical (Opera Complete)' ) AND Songs.SongPath LIKE '%\Masters\%'|icon:top level\<Composer|trim:1>\<Composer>\<Album|sort by:max(year)|sort order:asc>
Mask7=Local Cover Art\<Cover storage>\<Cover type>
Mask8=<Group|Name:Master:|Show tracks:No>\Conductor|child of:Artist|icon:top level|icon:top level|Filter:( <Genre> = '%Classical%' OR <Genre> = 'Classical (Opera & Vocal)' OR <Genre> = 'Classical (Opera Complete)' ) AND Songs.SongPath LIKE '%\Masters\%'|icon:top level\<Conductor|trim:1>\<Conductor>\<Album|sort by:max(year)|sort order:asc>
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

ScottBolton wrote:I don't know why lowlander moved my post onto p124.
Have you participated in any other Internet forum so far? Your post was added to the end of this thread as the last one. That day the last page was 124, now it is 126. I don't see anything unusual in that. Every Internet forum that I have visited functions like that. You just need to go to the last page of the thread if you want to see the latest posts.
ScottBolton wrote: Anyway, on p125 I got a response from ZvezdanD:
Do you want to say that you don't see your own created masks which you imported from the previously created .ini file? Do you see them in the Export/Import dialog box at all? If you don't specify the Collection (MMfilter qualifier), the mask would be added to the first collection in the list. I don't now, maybe I should add such masks to the Entire Library collection instead?
That's correct - they appear in the Import/Export but not in the tree.

Here are all my nodes but only the Cover Art appears. You can see that I'm not using a "Collection (MMfilter qualifier)" for any.
You are not using a Collection, but you are using child of:Artist. Did you looked at the first collection of the list as I mentioned? I bet that all your Magic nodes are there.
alteredNate

Post by alteredNate »

ZvezdanD wrote:I think that you should decide between MM and that program you are mentioning and forget about another one or you could have too much trouble.
Well, in fact Jaikoz is only a tagging utility, not music management software. It gets its power from being able to auto-tag from Musicbrainz, Discogs, and Amazon, and allows access to these additional tags that MM doesn't read. I have been using it for a while and I am very familiar with the way it works and how it treats ID3 tags and file / folder structures as it tags. It also fills special Musicbrainz and discogs reference fields to allow for automatic future updating of metadata as these online databases are kept up to date.

I have just done some research and I see that MM has tagger plugins for both musicbrainz and discogs... why didn't I find MM before??? Now I'm going to have to look into doing everything with MM, however that means back-tracking and retagging most of my database using "custom" fields. Also, I don't like the idea of having to use "custom" fleids when a logical field already exists for what I need!

I think I will wait for now and hope that future releases of MM allow access to these other fields - as powerful as it is I'm very surprised that it doesn't already.
ZvezdanD wrote:The Songs table which holds all data about tracks has the Remixer field, but it is not available in MM GUI, nor it is available in MM API, so you don't have its direct access. I could modify RegExp Find & Replace and Magic Nodes add-ons to allow editing and displaying of that field...
Just out of curiosity, what would it take to give read-only access to this field (or other "hidden" fields) to allow sorting / masking in Magic Nodes?

Also, I've just had a look and although as you say the Songs table has the "Remixer" field, I see that it does NOT populate it from the ID3 tag!!! Strange??
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

alteredNate wrote:
ZvezdanD wrote:The Songs table which holds all data about tracks has the Remixer field, but it is not available in MM GUI, nor it is available in MM API, so you don't have its direct access. I could modify RegExp Find & Replace and Magic Nodes add-ons to allow editing and displaying of that field...
Just out of curiosity, what would it take to give read-only access to this field (or other "hidden" fields) to allow sorting / masking in Magic Nodes?

Also, I've just had a look and although as you say the Songs table has the "Remixer" field, I see that it does NOT populate it from the ID3 tag!!! Strange??
I think that you misunderstood me. I didn't say that MM reads Remixer tag from files. Here is what I said: "AFAIK, Remixer is not a standard ID3 tag and MM has not an access to non-standard tags created in some another program." Actually, I was partly wrong - ID3 standard indeed has the TPE4 frame which could be used to store information about remixer(s), but MM is ignoring it completely, not only for writing, but also for reading. Yes, I said that I could modify my scripts to allow editing and displaying of that field, but I also said that modifications wouldn't be written to files in their tags. I didn't say that I could modify my scripts to allow reading of tags from files which are not supported by MM either. That is up to the program developers. Maybe you should post your request about that tag/field in the Wishlist forum. It seems that the other tags that you have mentioned (discogs URL, total disc #, album sort artist, release type) are not part of ID3 "standard" (http://www.id3.org/id3v2.3.0).
alteredNate

Post by alteredNate »

ZvezdanD wrote:Yes, I said that I could modify my scripts to allow editing and displaying of that field, but I also said that modifications wouldn't be written to files in their tags. I didn't say that I could modify my scripts to allow reading of tags from files which are not supported by MM either.
Thanks for the info. I guess I didn't understand why MM would provide a column for such a tag, and not populate it. But that's not up to you. And now it's more clear, your first response led me to believe that you would be able to modify your script to at least read the tag, but now I see you can't because MM doesn't read it out of the file. And in any case I was only curious about reading the tag, not modifying it.

Thanks again for your time.
thefaceman

Re: REQ: Two new searches

Post by thefaceman »

ZvezdanD wrote:
thefaceman wrote:I did not realize that it would involve permutations to create a usable script.
What do you think that the "Fuzzy Match" option of the mentioned Duplicate Report script do?
thefaceman wrote:I thought it would be a simple thing to develop.
If it is so simple why don't you develop it by yourself?
thefaceman wrote:It looks like the Duplicate Report script has such a feature, but it does not seem to allow the ability to limit the duplicate searches to only the title for comparison.
I am not using that script, but after reading its description I think that it has the ability to specify the title for comparison. Anyway, if the Duplicate Report script has such feature, but doesn't have some ability, why don't you ask its author to implement what you want? I think it is more practical to upgrade some script which already has similar functionality than implementing the same thing from the ground.

I am just curious since you already mentioned it - how much are you willing to pay for that?
What do you think that the "Fuzzy Match" option of the mentioned Duplicate Report script do?

- I do understand that 'fuzzy match' option only seems to allow comparison of artist/title and not just the titles with the 'same' artist. If there is a way to have the Duplicate Report perform this comparison, I cannot figure out the right options and values to use.

If it is so simple why don't you develop it by yourself?

- I only meant that I thought someone who understand 'programming languages' usage would know how to create the script to perform the search via Magic Nodes. While I am 'learning', I did not have the understanding that you provided that my request would have involved an 'ridiculous' about of 'permutations' using the magic node format. I understand that now, thanks to you. And I appreciate that feedback you offered.

- if the Duplicate Report script has such feature, but doesn't have some ability, why don't you ask its author to implement what you want?

I left a few posts in the Duplicate Report thread but did not get any responses. I did not consider contacting the 'developer' and honestly did not even know who the current developer would have been.

I have paid a 'donation' for a different script tweek, and I would consider a fair compensation, based on how difficult it would be to create. I would hope in advance for some estimate to determine if it is 'affordable'. I am on a limited budget at the moment, so funds are tight.

I appreciate your time and questions.
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

thefaceman wrote:I only meant that I thought someone who understand 'programming languages' usage would know how to create the script
and I would consider a fair compensation, based on how difficult it would be to create.
If you don't have the programming language understanding as you say, how could you know how difficult is some software development?
thefaceman wrote:I have paid a 'donation' for a different script tweek, ...
How interesting - you have paid a 'donation' for a different script tweaks. Look at that. I have spent months of my free time to develop the script(s) that you are using and you never asked me how could you donate to me, even after you could clearly see from the download pages of my add-ons that they are not freeware but donationware.

I spent hours of my time to answer to your numerous request giving you Magic Nodes' masks and RegExp presets (which are sometimes mini programs by themselves containing VBScript or SQL expressions), but you never asked me to donate, sometimes you even didn't give me a simple thanks. Sometimes you didn't even try the suggestions that I have posted - here is my answer to your requests posted in another thread: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 09#p317909, and then here you are asking again for the same requests in this thread: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 77#p318277.

I am the only one who responded to your requests with the actual Magic Nodes' masks, but still you said here (http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 14#p321414): "I have had some FANTASTIC help from others getting some new types of Magic Nodes created. Below are several that were created for me (so give others credit not me)." You know, I am not the "others". I have a name, it is Zvezdan. Why don't you want to give me a full credit for all help that you got from me?

Take a look at the thread that you titled as "Paying for IMPORT M3U Script help". I posted a solution for that problem (http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 83#p209683), but you didn't even give a thanks for it, until you tried it several months after that when I haven't been active in MM forums anymore. Even then you didn't ask how could you donate for that solution.

And still you have a nerve to ask for something which is in fact no less than spell checker, claiming that it is an easy task. Oh well.
thefaceman

Post by thefaceman »

ZvezdanD wrote:
thefaceman wrote:I only meant that I thought someone who understand 'programming languages' usage would know how to create the script
and I would consider a fair compensation, based on how difficult it would be to create.
If you don't have the programming language understanding as you say, how could you know how difficult is some software development?
How interesting - you have paid a 'donation' for a different script tweaks. Look at that. I have spent months of my free time to develop the script(s) that you are using and you never asked me how could you donate to me, even after you could clearly see from the download pages of my add-ons that they are not freeware but donationware.

I spent hours of my time to answer to your numerous request giving you Magic Nodes' masks and RegExp presets (which are sometimes mini programs by themselves containing VBScript or SQL expressions), but you never asked me to donate, sometimes you even didn't give me a simple thanks. Sometimes you didn't even try the suggestions that I have posted - here is my answer to your requests posted in another thread: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 09#p317909, and then here you are asking again for the same requests in this thread: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 77#p318277.

I am the only one who responded to your requests with the actual Magic Nodes' masks, but still you said here (http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 14#p321414): "I have had some FANTASTIC help from others getting some new types of Magic Nodes created. Below are several that were created for me (so give others credit not me)." You know, I am not the "others". I have a name, it is Zvezdan. Why don't you want to give me a full credit for all help that you got from me?

Take a look at the thread that you titled as "Paying for IMPORT M3U Script help". I posted a solution for that problem (http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 83#p209683), but you didn't even give a thanks for it, until you tried it several months after that when I haven't been active in MM forums anymore. Even then you didn't ask how could you donate for that solution.

And still you have a nerve to ask for something which is in fact no less than spell checker, claiming that it is an easy task. Oh well.
ZvezdanD wrote:

ZvezdanD - I am not sure why I am upsetting you. I have TRIED to show my appreciation for your help that you have provided and explain my situation in each situation. I am NOT trying to intentionally upset you. I respect your time and skill and patience. I have tried to make that clear from the start.

Quote: If you don't have the programming language understanding as you say, how could you know how difficult is some software development?

Reply: I have a basic understanding of HOW programming languages work, but do NOT have the actual knowledge of the specifics which would have been required to create the scripts that you provided me. Which I GREATLY appreciated. My original request was based upon the fact that a similar query (via the Duplicate Report) was available and had hoped that it a similar query was available in the Magic Nodes script. But once you clarified how difficult the query would have been to generate then I knew that Magic Nodes was NOT the correct script to use for my request.

Quote: you have paid a 'donation' for a different script tweaks. Look at that. I have spent months of my free time to develop the script(s) that you are using and you never asked me how could you donate to me, even after you could clearly see from the download pages of my add-ons that they are not freeware but donationware.

Reply: Up until NOW, I .. NEVER knew that the add-ons were 'donationware'. And I did not have any indication you were expecting a donation, nor how much time each script request was going to take you to create. My apologies if I 'wasted your time'. I will refrain from making other script requests without first inquiring how much it will cost in the future. I have not know other 'forums' where requests required a 'payment' (nor donation), and just assumed the forum was a 'help' forum. My original donation was done via PM once I knew the forum would not be able to provide a solution.

Quote: I have a name, it is Zvezdan. Why don't you want to give me a full credit for all help that you got from me.

Reply: Again my apologies. I did not intentionally mean to exclude you from my attempt at giving Zvezdan FULL credit. I just figured it was a given that anyone who was following the thread would have know it was YOU Zvezdan who provided the scripts.

Quote: Sometimes you didn't even try the suggestions that I have posted - here is my answer to your requests posted in another thread.

Reply: My apologies again. The first thread
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 09#p317909 title was Intro/Outro
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 77#p318277 title was Magic/Nodes
So I did not noticed your original reply to my request, thus my subsequent request and my APOLOGY for not noticing the original reply.

Quote: I posted a solution for that problem (http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 83#p209683), but you didn't even give a thanks for it, until you tried it several months after that when I haven't been active in MM forums anymore. Even then you didn't ask how could you donate for that solution.

Reply: Again. It took a long time to eventually find success with the script. And I thought I was 'trixmoto' script that I was editing, not yours. Although now I see you offered a solution. It was trixmoto that received the donation for the eventual 'fix' that he provided. I am not sure why your fix did not eventually resolve the problem (despite my post that it worked in the thread), my time line shows that I still contacted trixmoto for a solution for which I donated.

Quote: And still you have a nerve to ask for something which is in fact no less than spell checker, claiming that it is an easy task. Oh well.

Reply: I still do not see my request as a 'spell checker'. It is a 'title comparision' request. Finding the spelling errors is the easy part (which is what I meant), but finding OTHER titles that are CLOSE but NOT exact is what I am requesting. And it only seems EASY because the Duplicate Report script seems to do a similar comparision, but it does not only work on titles. (as far as I can determine). I have contacted whom I thought was the current creator, but they are no longer scripting anymore, nor using MM.

So in summary. Again I appreciate your help, talents and especially patience, if you have a 'donation amount' in mind please PM me. Thank you for your time.
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

thefaceman wrote:ZvezdanD - I am not sure why I am upsetting you.
You still don't get it. I am not upset, but I have no more patience to explain why you are wrong.
Lakuos

REQ - Artists with multiple folders

Post by Lakuos »

Hello, I'm attempting to create a node that will provide a list of Artists who has tracks in multiple Folders. Ideally, I'd like the node to be able to exclude certain Folders such as those containing "Holidays" and only list only those artist who have more than one Folder.

Here is my simplistic node; any assistance to convert to a SQL statement including the above filters would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Artists with Multiple Folders|Position:First child\<First artist|Sort by:Count(Folder) Desc>\<Folder>
ZvezdanD

Re: REQ - Artists with multiple folders

Post by ZvezdanD »

Lakuos wrote:Hello, I'm attempting to create a node that will provide a list of Artists who has tracks in multiple Folders. Ideally, I'd like the node to be able to exclude certain Folders such as those containing "Holidays" and only list only those artist who have more than one Folder.

Here is my simplistic node; any assistance to convert to a SQL statement including the above filters would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Artists with Multiple Folders|Position:First child\<First artist|Sort by:Count(Folder) Desc>\<Folder>
Here is the general node for First Artist since you used it in your mask:

<Group|Name:Artists...|Show tracks:No>\First Artists with more than one Folder|Icon:Top level|Filter:Songs.ID = FArtistsSongs.IDSong AND FArtistsSongs.IDArtist = SongFArtists.ID AND (FArtistsSongs.PersonType = 1 OR FArtistsSongs.PersonType IS NULL) AND Songs.Artist || ';' LIKE SongFArtists.Artist || ';%' AND FArtistsSongs.IDArtist IN (SELECT FArtistsSongs.IDArtist FROM Songs, ArtistsSongs AS FArtistsSongs, Artists AS SongFArtists LEFT JOIN (SELECT *, CASE WHEN DriveLetter IS NOT NULL THEN SubStr('ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ', DriveLetter + 1, 1) ELSE '' END AS DriveStr FROM Medias) AS Medias2 ON Songs.IDMedia = Medias2.IDMedia WHERE Songs.ID = FArtistsSongs.IDSong AND FArtistsSongs.IDArtist = SongFArtists.ID AND (FArtistsSongs.PersonType = 1 OR FArtistsSongs.PersonType IS NULL) AND Songs.Artist || ';' LIKE SongFArtists.Artist || ';%' GROUP BY FArtistsSongs.IDArtist HAVING Count(DISTINCT NullIf(<Folder>, '')) > 1)\<First artist|Sort by:Count(Folder) Desc|Show sort key:0|Statistic:Count(Folder)|Unknown:No>\<Folder|Statistic:Count(Tracks)>
If you want to exclude some folder you should add something like this AND <Folder> NOT LIKE '%Holidays%' inside of the sub-query:

<Group|Name:Artists...|Show tracks:No>\First Artists with more than one Folder excluding "Holidays"|Icon:Top level|Filter:Songs.ID = FArtistsSongs.IDSong AND FArtistsSongs.IDArtist = SongFArtists.ID AND (FArtistsSongs.PersonType = 1 OR FArtistsSongs.PersonType IS NULL) AND Songs.Artist || ';' LIKE SongFArtists.Artist || ';%' AND FArtistsSongs.IDArtist IN (SELECT FArtistsSongs.IDArtist FROM Songs, ArtistsSongs AS FArtistsSongs, Artists AS SongFArtists LEFT JOIN (SELECT *, CASE WHEN DriveLetter IS NOT NULL THEN SubStr('ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ', DriveLetter + 1, 1) ELSE '' END AS DriveStr FROM Medias) AS Medias2 ON Songs.IDMedia = Medias2.IDMedia WHERE Songs.ID = FArtistsSongs.IDSong AND FArtistsSongs.IDArtist = SongFArtists.ID AND (FArtistsSongs.PersonType = 1 OR FArtistsSongs.PersonType IS NULL) AND Songs.Artist || ';' LIKE SongFArtists.Artist || ';%'  AND <Folder> NOT LIKE '%Holidays%' GROUP BY FArtistsSongs.IDArtist HAVING Count(DISTINCT NullIf(<Folder>, '')) > 1)\<First artist|Sort by:Count(Folder) Desc|Show sort key:0|Statistic:Count(Folder)|Unknown:No>\<Folder|Statistic:Count(Tracks)>