Magic Nodes 4.2 w/ 380 masks & real GUI (2011-07-01)[MM2+]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

MMFrLife

Re: Magic Nodes 4.2 w/ 380 masks & real GUI (2011-07-01)[MM2

Post by MMFrLife »

How do you exclude "multi" items?

I'm trying to exclude "multi-artist albums.
I tried:

ma is not
ma excludes
...the above 2 with --> ;

I can't figure out the right combination/setting for it.
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
MMW 4.1.31.1919; 5.0.4.2690 || back it up...frequently!
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
"The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth"
😜

Post by Guest »

eg

Code: Select all

<Album artist> <> 'Various Artists'
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

Guest wrote:eg

<Album artist> <> 'Various Artists'
That works if you have "various artist" written in a field but not if you have something like "Lou Reed; Iggy pop; Joey Ramone".
[albums that don't have a main album artist and then various other artists. In other words, it's no one's album. It's thematic, and
artist and album artist are both various but listed out]

...and besides, if you are not using multi-artist in MN property drop down menu, what is it for?
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
😜

Post by Guest »

Songs.Artist Not Like '%;%'

Songs.AlbumArtist Not Like '%;%'
To filter out both at the same time

Songs.Artist Not Like '%;%' AND Songs.AlbumArtist Not Like '%;%'
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

Doh! Thank You, Thank You!
That Worked! :)

I was only accounting for one of the fields before (needs to be both as you point out) :-? .

I still have a couple of other questions and will post back later when have a little more time. :D
😜
lostinthought

Post by lostinthought »

HELP--MN Playlist saves music to MMA, but not the playlist
I created my own custom magic node that I moved to the Playlist tree, by setting "Position" as "Child of Playlists". I have a Galaxy Note Edge on stock TouchWiz with MMA installed. I performed a wireless sync, selecting the newly created MN playlist and a MM auto playlist (for testing purposes). I ran the sync, which successfully transferred all the songs to my phone. The only problem is the actual MN playlist file failed to sync to my phone. I have all the music, but no playlist?! Scratching my head on this one, maybe I missed a setting somewhere? I did the same test on a SGS3 using stock touch wiz, but same results.

Has anyone else encountered this? Would love some guidance on this... :cry:
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

lostinthought wrote:HELP--MN Playlist saves music to MMA, but not the playlist
As I told you in e-mail, the MN created playlists are behaving in any aspect as regularly created static MM playlists. So, if you could synchronize your manually created MM playlists and get saved playlist files to your device, then you would get saved playlist files for MN created playlists as well.

You should have posted your message in the Device Synchronization forum without mentioning how you got playlists since that doesn't matter for your problem. I.e. your question should be: how to get exported playlists files (M3U) for corresponding MM playlists during synchronization automatically?

I don't have any experience with synchronization, but I suppose that you haven't enabled MN created playlists on the Auto-Sync (-->Device) tab of your Device settings.
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
willyvds

Post by willyvds »

Recently, Magic Nodes has become really ridiculouly slow. Nodes that used to take a few seconds do now need 5 minutes or more.
In the end they do run, but in the meantime I cannot do anything with MM.
Do you have an explanation? Or suggestion what I could do about it?
Regards, Willy
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

willyvds wrote:Recently, Magic Nodes has become really ridiculouly slow. Nodes that used to take a few seconds do now need 5 minutes or more.
In the end they do run, but in the meantime I cannot do anything with MM.
Do you have an explanation? Or suggestion what I could do about it?
Regards, Willy
If I remember correctly, we already had the similar conversation. Firstly, please check if you have your database on some networked drive, e.g. NAS. Maybe its slowness is causing that.

Secondly, try some more complicated autoplaylists. If you get the similar timings then you have problem with the database, but not with the Magic Nodes. In that case you could try with the database's optimization.

You could also check if your database is causing slowness by executing the MN related SQL queries in some SQLite editor. To do that you should tick on the options to get the dialog box with the SQL queries whenever you select/expand some MN node ("Allow editing of SQL queries", "when expand field nodes" and "when select a field node"). After that copy displayed SQL query when you have expanded or selected some slow Magic node, paste it to the SQLiteSpy or some another SQLite editor and execute it.

If you have problem only with some MN nodes but not all, or if you have problem only with the latest version of Magic Nodes but not with the previous, then the add-on is causing that. In that case please be more specific with which version of the add-on you got slowness, and copy/paste here the problematic mask(s).
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
willyvds

Post by willyvds »

Hi Zvezdan, indeed I've had similar problems before. I tried al your suggestions and in the end I cleaned the library and it seems that that did the trick.
Thanks for helping again!
terrypin

Script error message

Post by terrypin »

I recently tried to tidy up but must have moved a script to the wrong place, because I now get this error message when I start MM:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/401 ... odes-1.jpg

(I am running the latest MM version, 4.1.7.1741.)

Yet when I close that message, MM loads OK and Magic Nodes is in the tree.

Any suggestions on how I might fix this please?

The files MagicNodes.vbs, MagicNodes.ini and MagicNodes.ico, plus one called MagicNodes-Onenonymous.ini are all in C:\Program Files\MediaMonkey\Scripts\Auto

I'm also puzzled why scripts are in various different locations?
Terry, East Grinstead, UK
MM 5.0.2.2532 (Gold), i7 4.0 GHz running Win 10 Pro
MM 4.1.31.1919 (Gold)
conandrum

Post by conandrum »

Hi all,

I believe I have found a nuisance with MagicNodes.
See topic here - http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 97#p409143.

It has to do with playlists that become orphaned (lose their parent) when a magicnode is refreshed.
These MagicNodes are nodes that have been moved from their normal location and placed as "child of playlists".
In many situations e.g. when the child has an aggregate (count all) appended to the node, e.g. reggae (201 files), and later on more reggae files are added to the library and the node is refreshed, the node becomes reggae (220 files). In this case, the old playlist is orphaned and remains in playlists. It also continues to synchronize to the phone and there is no way to delete it! A ghost playlist. I have 471 of these now.

The only way to remove these is to run a command "delete from playlists where parentplaylist not in (select idplaylist from playlists) and parentplaylist > 0".

Can you please make some small adjustment to MagicNodes, so that whenever a magicnode is refreshed, these ghosts are removed from playlists table?

Thank you very much!
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

conandrum wrote:Can you please make some small adjustment to MagicNodes, so that whenever a magicnode is refreshed, these ghosts are removed from playlists table?
Which version of Magic Nodes did you use when you got those "ghost" playlists? The new version which I recently sent to you has much more improved work with playlists generated by Magic Nodes.
conandrum

Post by conandrum »

Using the older version.
conandrum

Post by conandrum »

My comments on the new version:

The Positive
1. Robust installation - I had a custom Mask as you know (Decades by Genre) with the old version of MN. When installing the new version, it removed my MNs from playlists and it asked me to add these masks to the playlists area where they were before. Of course it identified errors in the custom mask with the 'decades-genre' field. 2 or 3 errors were poping up but it gave me the option to ignore them and all masks were added after a while with a message 'Installation was successful'.

2. Much more stable. The older version would most often give up half-way when refreshing huge magicnodes (7000 tracks in 100 2-level nested nodes) as a playlist child. It would go through the first 3-4 maybe 5 decades and then give up. I would have to manually update the rest of the decades. The new version is relentless and updates perfectly all child nodes of all my MNs.

3. The new syntax <Genre|Sort by:Decade> works just like I want it. Making "Decade - Pop" for example for each Decade and then sorting the list! Good job.

The Negative
1. I found a small bug. If I start updating a MagicNode in playlists, which takes a few minutes, I can switch to another MM tab which could be showing the Music node or anything else. I noticed that this breaks the functionality of MN with multiple errors (something to do with node is missing or somthing). You have to force close MM and restart. It is very unusual that someone would do this while updating a MN but I had to report it to you.

Wish list:
1. I wish there was some indication as to what it is doing when updating a MN in playlists. At the moment I have a blank status bar. because my MNs take 5 or more minutes
to update, I would like to see a progress bar.

2. I am using 6 MN playlists to update to my phone. They are all children of playlists. When I add a few new songs to my library I have to update each one separately before I synchronize the phone. because I have to update each one separately I have to be a slave to my PC for at least 20 minutes.
I tried to stick all my MN playlists under another MN in playlists by manually moving my MNs under it (before the upgrade), but I could not refresh ALL MNs at once.

So, I WISH there was a one-click way to 'Refresh All MNs under Playlists' or even a way to group them under another MN in playlists which allows me to refresh all MNs under it.

Good job and thanks for making this!