Magic Nodes 4.2 w/ 380 masks & real GUI (2011-07-01)[MM2+]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

hintergrundrauschen

MM freezes when executing certain magic node

Post by hintergrundrauschen »

MM freezes while executing a specific Magic Nodes query (i.e. selecting a node). I have used this node before quite often, but I don't know when it stopped working. Other nodes do work. I have a large library and a somewhat slow computer.

The node mask is:

Scarcely played new albums (4 tracks)|Filter:<Track Number><=4 and <Days Since Added><=60\<album|sort by:sum(played)|top:20|min tracks:3>

It should give me four tracks of those albums (max 20), that are made up of more than 3 tracks and that have not ben played but added recently to the library. MM starts the query and then freezes. After some time (e.g. a minute, but not always) MM gives me 6 error windows on top of each other, flashing, that I can't close and that say "...seems to be frozen").

Debug gives me nothing interesting:

Code: Select all

[2220] Node Scarcely played new albums (4 tracks) starting.
[2220] Node Scarcely played new albums (4 tracks) going to clear SongList.
[2220] Thread has started 1464
[2220] Thread registered, going to initialize 1464
[2220] Thread initialized 1464
[2220] 876 DB open SQL: SELECT Songs.* 
[2220] FROM Songs 
[2220] WHERE Songs.ID IN (SELECT Songs.ID FROM Songs WHERE (Cast(Songs.TrackNumber As integer)<=4 and CAST(julianday(date('now', 'localtime')) - julianday(date(Songs.DateAdded + julianday('1899-12-30'))) AS integer)<=60) AND Songs.Album IN (SELECT Songs.Album AS SortField0 FROM Songs WHERE Songs.Album <> '' AND (Cast(Songs.TrackNumber As integer)<=4 and CAST(julianday(date('now', 'localtime')) - julianday(date(Songs.DateAdded + julianday('1899-12-30'))) AS integer)<=60) AND (  NOT  Songs.ID IN (SELECT IDSong FROM GenresSongs WHERE GenresSongs.IDGenre IN ( SELECT Genres.IDGenre FROM Genres WHERE (Genres.GenreName like '%book%'))) AND  NOT  Songs.ID IN (SELECT IDSong FROM GenresSongs WHERE GenresSongs.IDGenre IN ( SELECT Genres.IDGenre FROM Genres WHERE (Genres.GenreName like '%podcast%'))) AND  NOT  Songs.ID IN (SELECT IDSong FROM GenresSongs WHERE GenresSongs.IDGenre IN ( SELECT Genres.IDGenre FROM Genres WHERE (Genres.GenreName like '%buch%'))) AND NOT (Songs.SongPath like '%Klassik%') AND NOT (Songs.SongPath like '%Stimmung%') AND NOT (Songs.SongPath like '%# Exoten%') ) GROUP BY Songs.Album HAVING Count(*) >= 3 ORDER BY CASE WHEN Min(Songs.PlayCounter) < 0 THEN -1 ELSE SUM(Songs.PlayCounter) END ASC, Songs.Album LIMIT 20) AND Songs.Album <> '' AND Songs.ID IN (SELECT Songs.ID FROM Songs, (SELECT Songs.Album AS CountField1 FROM Songs WHERE (Cast(Songs.TrackNumber As integer)<=4 and CAST(julianday(date('now', 'localtime')) - julianday(date(Songs.DateAdded + julianday('1899-12-30'))) AS integer)<=60) AND Songs.Album <> '' GROUP BY CountField1 HAVING Count(*) >= 3) AS CountTable0 WHERE (Cast(Songs.TrackNumber As integer)<=4 and CAST(julianday(date('now', 'localtime')) - julianday(date(Songs.DateAdded + julianday('1899-12-30'))) AS integer)<=60) AND Songs.Album = CountTable0.CountField1) AND (  NOT  Songs.ID IN (SELECT IDSong FROM GenresSongs WHERE GenresSongs.IDGenre IN ( SELECT Genres.IDGenre FROM Genres WHERE (Genres.GenreName like '%book%'))) AND  NOT  Songs.ID IN (SELECT IDSong FROM GenresSongs WHERE GenresSongs.IDGenre IN ( SELECT Genres.IDGenre FROM Genres WHERE (Genres.GenreName like '%podcast%'))) AND  NOT  Songs.ID IN (SELECT IDSong FROM GenresSongs WHERE GenresSongs.IDGenre IN ( SELECT Genres.IDGenre FROM Genres WHERE (Genres.GenreName like '%buch%'))) AND NOT (Songs.SongPath like '%Klassik%') AND NOT (Songs.SongPath like '%Stimmung%') AND NOT (Songs.SongPath like '%# Exoten%') )) 
Any help?
Claude
declan

Re: Magic Nodes 3.0 w/ 245 masks & real GUI (2009-09-08) [MM2+3]

Post by declan »

Hi Zevzevdan

Thanks for the upgrade, especially for including the ordinal numbers option, which is something a requsted originally.

I'm having trouble using the involved people option when it is split

<Group|Name:Split examples|Show tracks:No>\Involved People by Role|Icon:Top level\<Involved people|Split by:;|Split part:-1|Exclusive right until::|Show tracks:No|Right of:;>\<Involved people|Split by:;|Split part:-1|Right until:;|Exclusive right of::>
This gives a list of instruments at the first level, but the second level only shows individuals where that instrument is the first item in the involved people list.

What's wrong?
declan

Post by declan »

Additionally, why do Album Artists get described as "Beatles, The", "Byrds, The", and "Bees, The"? Instead of the proper way round.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

declan wrote:Additionally, why do Album Artists get described as "Beatles, The", "Byrds, The", and "Bees, The"? Instead of the proper way round.
Tools / Options / General - Magic Nodes Options, check on the option 'Move prefixes to the end when sorting by Artist, Album Artist or Original Artist'
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
jonisaksson

Post by jonisaksson »

I just wanted to say a BIG thank you ZvezdanD for this release, brought in so many useful features!!

Finally can I split albums by disc # without having it displayed for all albums. Fantastic feature!!!

Thank you!
declan

Post by declan »

Is there a way to display an artist by "span"? ie the difference between the oldest and newest recording.

The best I can do is -

Most Years|Show tracks:yes|icon: top level|Child of:Year|Filter:<Year> Between 1870 And 2070\<album artist|Sort by:Count(Year) Desc|Show rank:Yes|Top:100|Show sort key:0|Statistic:Min(Year), Max(Year), Count(Year)>\<Year>

Which shows the artists that I have music from that was recored in the greatest number of years. But I want to be able to list someone whose career spanned 50 years (even if there ar only tracks in 1959 and 2009 and nothing in between) ahead of artists who've I got tracks by from every year between 1960 and 2009.
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

Hi:

I need some help from the experts. I want to create a node of tracks which are only in 1 static playlist, but of course I have no idea how to go about creating it. Can someone help me??
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
declan

Post by declan »

Do you mean tracks that are in one particular playlist, if so -

Appears in only Specific Playlist|Filter:<Playlist> = 'ipod Oct'\<Playlist|Unknown:No>
(change iPod Oct into whatever the playlist you want)
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

No, I was thinking of it only being 1 playlist in total, but don't worry about it I found another way to get it. Thanks anyway. :D
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
installation error w/ Win7

Post by installation error w/ Win7 »

Hi -

I upgraded to Win7 and installed the beta MM -v3.1.2.1277. Things worked fine.

I then attempted to install MagicNodes -v3.0.3 and I received an error window with the text "Product Installation Error"

No other 3rd party items have been installed.

Any ideas?

Thanks

TS
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

If UAC is enabled on Win7 or Vista, you have to start MM as administrator (right click -> Run as administrator) to install add-ons.

ladyofdragons

Post by ladyofdragons »

in windows 7 there is no choice for "run as administrator" for mmip files. So currently unless you hack the registry you can't run scripts that need admin privelages.

However, if you are brave enough to hack your registry, or if someone higher in mediamonkey would perhaps add this to the registration of the MMIP key when mediamonkey is installed, I successfully used these instructions below to figure out how to add the "run as administrator" right-click command in windows 7.

Just a warning, if you've never done registry editing before, don't cry to me if you screw up your computer. to paraphrase mythbusters, please don't try this at home, I'm what you might call a professional.

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows- ... ows-vista/
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

ladyofdragons wrote:in windows 7 there is no choice for "run as administrator" for mmip files. So currently unless you hack the registry you can't run scripts that need admin privelages.
Neither is there in any OS. You just need to start MediaMonkey as "Run as administrator". Then, when you double-click the .mmip, it will install without any problems.

Tarkus Shakti

Post by Tarkus Shakti »

Thanks to all for the help. Running MM as administrator fixed the problem.

TS
Saiyavenger

Is there a Magic Nodes script for...

Post by Saiyavenger »

Creating a playlist of the most played tracks of a single year? I'd love to make yearly "best of" playlists, but I'm not sure how to do that without erasing my playcount fields at the end of every year.