Magic Nodes 4.2 w/ 380 masks & real GUI (2011-07-01)[MM2+]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

rrfpacker

Re: Magic Nodes 4.2 w/ 380 masks & real GUI (2011-07-01)[MM2

Post by rrfpacker »

I'm not so sure there is such way to accomplish this. I had the same problem when I first installed Media Monkey and filled my library. I have lots of compilation discs and therefore lots of duplicates with the same issue as you.

I just clicked on library, sorted the tracks by title, looked for dups and fixed them. Then I did the same with Artists, Album Artists, Genres, etc. Hopefully, someone comes up with something, but you may just have to invest some time.
ZvezdanD

Re: REQ: Two new searches

Post by ZvezdanD »

thefaceman wrote:1. I have a Lot of songs with spelling variations and I do not know how to compare titles vs title with only one or two letter differences

Examples

Rock N Roll vs Rock And Roll
Sittin On The Dock Of The Bay vs Sitting On The Dock Of The Bay
True Colours vs True Colors
Big N Rich vs Big And Rich (artist)
I don't understand what is a difference between this request and your previous one about misspelled words for which I already gave you the solution (http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 61#p319261). You just need to specify your words, but you are lazy one, right?

Code: Select all

Titles and Artists with misspelled words|Filter:<Title> Like '% N %' OR <Title> Like '%Sittin %' OR <Title> Like '%Colour%' OR <Arists> Like '% N %'
thefaceman wrote:2. I have a few of my classical songs that seem to be missing a space before and after a #. I want to find these listings, so I can fix them manually.

Examples

No12
7opus
Mvmnt4
This is almost impossible with SQL (well, it is possible, but it would require a really huge SQL query). It could be done much easier with the RegExp Find & Replace add-on and the following settings:
Find what: (?:([a-z])(\d+))|(?:(\d+)([a-z]))
Into: Title (or whatever)
Regular expression 1: checked
Replace with: MapArray(Array("$1", "$1 $2", "$3", "$3 $4"))
VBScript expression: checked

However, even with RegExp you would get many false positives, like 20th or 1970s or v3, so it is recommended to use Keep Matched option instead of Replace All.
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
ZvezdanD

Re: Missing MagicNodes in MM4

Post by ZvezdanD »

ScottBolton wrote:Imported my nodes from an exported file but can't see any of them, other than one for Cover Art - one that I never use! How do I get them back? Here's one of the nodes:

Mask1=<Group|Name:Master:|Show tracks:No>\Album Artist|child of:Artist|SQL filter:Songs.SongPath LIKE '%\Masters\%'|icon:top level\<Album Artist|trim:1>\<Album Artist>\<Album|sort by:max(year)|sort order:asc>
Do you want to say that you don't see your own created masks which you imported from the previously created .ini file? Do you see them in the Export/Import dialog box at all? If you don't specify the Collection (MMfilter qualifier), the mask would be added to the first collection in the list. I don't now, maybe I should add such masks to the Entire Library collection instead?
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

jameson_uk wrote:(I had to add a location item to the collections as there is no way of making the node a child of a collection directly and without it the filter gets applied but it sits outside of the collection node)
You could specify Position:First child or Position:Last child and the node would be inside of the collection node, but if you want to specify collection (MMfilter qualifier) you need to specify Child of qualifier anyway with some accepted value (Library, Location, Artist...).
jameson_uk wrote:If I then try and create a second node like this but change the filter to MP3 then it says a node with this mask already exists and do I want to update that.

Any ideas how I can achieve what I want?
Well, with the current version of the add-on it cannot be achieved without renaming the masks. You could append the numbers to their captions, or you could add (FLAC), (MP3) to them.
rrfpacker

Post by rrfpacker »

ZvezdanD,

I want to give you a big thank you for this script (and your others) and it's import function. With your help I had created a few complicated (at least for me) masks and I did not want to lose them when I installed MM4 from scratch. Your import function worked flawlessly as did your Restore PlayHistory/Playlists script. I had over 100 playlists imported flawlessly.

Thank you again for all your hard work.
PS. Thanks also to nynaevelan, whose help was pivotal in my undertaking.
thefaceman

Post by thefaceman »

ZvezdanD wrote:
thefaceman wrote:1. I have a Lot of songs with spelling variations and I do not know how to compare titles vs title with only one or two letter differences

Examples

Rock N Roll vs Rock And Roll
Sittin On The Dock Of The Bay vs Sitting On The Dock Of The Bay
True Colours vs True Colors
Big N Rich vs Big And Rich (artist)
I don't understand what is a difference between this request and your previous one about misspelled words for which I already gave you the solution (http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 61#p319261). You just need to specify your words, but you are lazy one, right?

Code: Select all

Titles and Artists with misspelled words|Filter:<Title> Like '% N %' OR <Title> Like '%Sittin %' OR <Title> Like '%Colour%' OR <Arists> Like '% N %'
thefaceman wrote:2. I have a few of my classical songs that seem to be missing a space before and after a #. I want to find these listings, so I can fix them manually.

Examples

No12
7opus
Mvmnt4
This is almost impossible with SQL (well, it is possible, but it would require a really huge SQL query). It could be done much easier with the RegExp Find & Replace add-on and the following settings:
Find what: (?:([a-z])(\d+))|(?:(\d+)([a-z]))
Into: Title (or whatever)
Regular expression 1: checked
Replace with: MapArray(Array("$1", "$1 $2", "$3", "$3 $4"))
VBScript expression: checked

However, even with RegExp you would get many false positives, like 20th or 1970s or v3, so it is recommended to use Keep Matched option instead of Replace All.
ZvezdanD - I do appreciate your help and skills and tolerance of my queries. Although I do not think that I am 'lazy', I honestly just do not know HOW to accomplish the tasks that I am requesting.

Your Number VBScript query works perfectly, so THANK YOU for that. But MORE importantly you helped me UNDERSTAND how the 'keep matched' option is useful. I can now 'preview' my selections to make sure I am willing to change them before I actually run the script. While I did change all that was found I know can use this same principal for future scripts I use.

Now back to the spelling variations. At first I was using your original script and adding words as I thought of them.
And again I appreciate that scripts usage.
But what I was discovering was that I could not devine what words SHOULD be in the list, so what my new request is trying to do a 'duplicate search' where it compares ALL the titles against all the OTHER titles and if there is ONLY 1 letter difference then it should list them so I can see the results and fix them manually. I would prefer the ability to find differenes of up to 3 letters between my titles, but I can accept 1 difference. I was hoping the Duplicate Report would have had this option but it seems that no one know of a solution for that script.

Your original script would not have been useful to find these duplicates with the N vs And option listed as there are a LOT of And listings without a counterpart N listing.

Thank you again for your time and patience and understanding. :D
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

thefaceman wrote:my new request is trying to do a 'duplicate search' where it compares ALL the titles against all the OTHER titles and if there is ONLY 1 letter difference then it should list them so I can see the results and fix them manually.
Your request is ridiculous for several reasons:
- You could have e.g. only one "Sittin On The Dock Of The Bay" title in the Library and none another with the single letter difference to it to compare with, but that doesn't mean that such title is automatically correct;
- Maybe author of the track wanted such title even if it is not grammatically correct;
- Do you know how much combinations you could have with just 10 tracks with 10 characters in the title to compare with each other?
For example, if one title is 0123456789, you need to compare 123456789 with 9 other titles, then you need to compare 023456789 with 9 other titles, then you need to compare 013456789 with 9 other titles, then 012356789, then 012346789, ..., then 012345678, this is 90 comparisons for just the first title; then let say that the second title is 9012345678, you need to compare 012345678 with 9 other titles, then you need to compare 912345678 with 9 other titles, ..., which is another 90 comparisons, and so on... So, for 10 titles with 10 characters you have 900 comparisons if you want just single letter difference. How about the library with 10,000 tracks, maybe with average 30 characters in the title? Anyway, no matter how long it could take, such algorithm cannot be implemented with the SQL.

I see, you want the spell checker, but since MM doesn't have it, it would be best if you create the report with all titles in your library, then open such file into some word processor which have built-in spell checker and it will display words that need fixing.
stagler

Re: Collapsing folders bug?

Post by stagler »

ZvezdanD wrote:
stagler wrote:When I click on the final level of the album, it is selected on the middle section but then the tree completely collapses again so that nothing is expanded.
What is new:
v4.1.5 - 2011-06-22
* Fixed: collapsing of Magic nodes when collection is changed [MM4].
Thanks for the reply. I upgraded to the latest version of Magic Nodes but the problem is still occurring. This is not happening when I change collections as the fix above refers to, just when I select an album in my custom Artists magic node. So the bug is still there. Any ideas?
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

stagler wrote:I upgraded to the latest version of Magic Nodes but the problem is still occurring.
Do you have upgraded the add-on to the same folder as before, i.e. is it in the global or local folder or did you have them in both folders? Open the Tools > Options dialog box, click on the General > Magic Nodes item and tell me which is the number in the top right corner of the sheet.
stagler

Post by stagler »

ZvezdanD wrote:
stagler wrote:I upgraded to the latest version of Magic Nodes but the problem is still occurring.
Do you have upgraded the add-on to the same folder as before, i.e. is it in the global or local folder or did you have them in both folders? Open the Tools > Options dialog box, click on the General > Magic Nodes item and tell me which is the number in the top right corner of the sheet.
The number is 4.2.

Actually I think it's fine now - I closed and reopened MM and can't make the problem recur. Thanks for your help!
thefaceman

Post by thefaceman »

ZvezdanD wrote:
thefaceman wrote:my new request is trying to do a 'duplicate search' where it compares ALL the titles against all the OTHER titles and if there is ONLY 1 letter difference then it should list them so I can see the results and fix them manually.
Your request is ridiculous for several reasons:
- You could have e.g. only one "Sittin On The Dock Of The Bay" title in the Library and none another with the single letter difference to it to compare with, but that doesn't mean that such title is automatically correct;
- Maybe author of the track wanted such title even if it is not grammatically correct;
- Do you know how much combinations you could have with just 10 tracks with 10 characters in the title to compare with each other?
For example, if one title is 0123456789, you need to compare 123456789 with 9 other titles, then you need to compare 023456789 with 9 other titles, then you need to compare 013456789 with 9 other titles, then 012356789, then 012346789, ..., then 012345678, this is 90 comparisons for just the first title; then let say that the second title is 9012345678, you need to compare 012345678 with 9 other titles, then you need to compare 912345678 with 9 other titles, ..., which is another 90 comparisons, and so on... So, for 10 titles with 10 characters you have 900 comparisons if you want just single letter difference. How about the library with 10,000 tracks, maybe with average 30 characters in the title? Anyway, no matter how long it could take, such algorithm cannot be implemented with the SQL.

I see, you want the spell checker, but since MM doesn't have it, it would be best if you create the report with all titles in your library, then open such file into some word processor which have built-in spell checker and it will display words that need fixing.
Hmmm... I did not realize that it would involve permutations to create a usable script. I thought it would be a simple thing to develop. It looks like the Duplicate Report script has such a feature, but it does not seem to allow the ability to limit the duplicate searches to only the title for comparison. I will give up the search for now. Thank you for your detailed and valued explanation of the reason why my request was 'ridiculous'.
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

thefaceman wrote:I did not realize that it would involve permutations to create a usable script.
What do you think that the "Fuzzy Match" option of the mentioned Duplicate Report script do?
thefaceman wrote:I thought it would be a simple thing to develop.
If it is so simple why don't you develop it by yourself?
thefaceman wrote:It looks like the Duplicate Report script has such a feature, but it does not seem to allow the ability to limit the duplicate searches to only the title for comparison.
I am not using that script, but after reading its description I think that it has the ability to specify the title for comparison. Anyway, if the Duplicate Report script has such feature, but doesn't have some ability, why don't you ask its author to implement what you want? I think it is more practical to upgrade some script which already has similar functionality than implementing the same thing from the ground.

I am just curious since you already mentioned it - how much are you willing to pay for that?
alteredNate

Art Browser with Details... no art displayed?

Post by alteredNate »

Hi, I've just run into your module for MM4, which has finally allowed me to visualize my collection exactly how I want. Well... almost!

This may very well be a bug of Media Monkey, but it only appears while browsing nodes in Magic Nodes. Basically, the main display that I prefer is "Art Browser with Details," as I like to see all the details of my tracks and be able to browse by cover art at the same time (and I'm not a fan at all of the columns browser, hate it!). In the default MM nodes, when I click on ANY parent node, the cover-flow-ish browser shows me the art for ALL of the child nodes. No problem here.

Moving to Magic Nodes, things get a little weird. What happens to me is that when I click on a parent node, the art browser stays blank, yet I see all of the details for all child node tracks just fine. I've verified that it does this with your built-in masks and custom ones that I've made. Here's how I can make it show the art:

1) By manually selecting a different view mode (any of them) and then re-selecting "art browser with details" = all child node art shows up, however as soon as I click on another node the same thing happens (even clicking back on the one that I manually re-selected doesn't work, the art browser is blank again). Basically while in a node, switching to "art browser with details" makes it work just fine, once.

2) By activating "All" in the query and selecting it, at any node level = WORKS! This is very strange to me, as I would have assumed that the default behaviour of the parent node would be the same as "All." In fact, selecting the "All" child node seems to be the only node that will display anything in the art browser by default in Magic Nodes while in "art browser with details."

I'm hoping this is just a temporary bug, or something that I missed in the settings... The strange thing is that all the other view modes by default work as expected, i.e. the same as with the standard MM nodes. I have only been using MM4 for about a month, so I don't know what happens with MM3...

Any ideas? Or any way to make the default behavior of clicking on a parent node the same as the "All" child node? (Or maybe you could explain the difference?) I don't really care about not seeing the art when I select a single album node in the tree, but when selecting an album artist, or genre... it's a bit tedious to have to expand it and then select "All" to see the art.

Any ideas or help would be appreciated, and I thank you in advance - you are definitely on top of all of us picky users asking you all kinds of stuff... :wink:

Thanks!!

PS I did search ALOT for an answer before asking, so I hope I haven't missed one somewhere, if so please point me in the right direction!
MMuser2011

Post by MMuser2011 »

Just some FAQ-related questions (to be honest, I have not read every of the 125 pages of this thread :oops: )
If I modify some of the 'Magic Nodes' in the actual version, what will happen on the next MN-update with
a) my own added Nodes?
b) modified existing Nodes?
c) deleted Nodes?
Magic Nodes v4.3.3 (2018-10-03) last free version SQL Viewer v2.4 (2009-10-25)
ExternalTools v1.4 (2011-05-09) iTunesMonkey 1.0 + Acoustid
Calculate Cover Size v1.7 (2012-10-23) RegExp Find & Replace v4.4.9 (2018-10-03) last free version
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

MMuser2011 wrote:If I modify some of the 'Magic Nodes' in the actual version, what will happen on the next MN-update with
a) my own added Nodes?
They will stay.
b) modified existing Nodes?
You will be asked if you want to update them back.
c) deleted Nodes?
You will be asked if you want to import them again.

Anyway, it is recommended to open the Magic Nodes Export/Import dialog box and to save at least your own masks before you do the upgrade of the add-on.