renowden wrote:OK, so here goes - I hope my bandwidth can stand it.
It is very good and I am very satisfied. I have just a few suggestions and some corrections:
- MediaMonkey should be without the space character (it is not "Media Monkey").
- "Media Monkey provides no conductor node." This was with MM2, but it is not correct for MM3. Instead, you could replace Conductor with Lyricist which is not built-in node of MM yet.
- Maybe reference table should contain one additional column where you could state which fields are multi-item (Artist, Album Artist, Genre, Tempo, Mood, Occasion, Quality). Cover Type field is not multi-item in same sense as previous, but could return multiple values for each song as well. Maybe there is some another field with similar behavior, but I can't remember in this moment.
- You should mention in table that Date fields (added, modified, last played) are displayed in YYYY-MM-DD format.
- "ISRC - Not sure what this is" - International Standard Recording Code (if there is something you don't know, take a look on Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isrc
- Path field could be used only inside of the Filter qualifier, not as a node branch; it contain same data as SongPath database field which is somewhat different then information displayed in Path column of the tracklist (there is no drive letter in the front).
- Lyrics field could be used in a same way as Path (only inside of the Filter qualifier, not as a node). Please, remove "Does not seem to work?".
- Track number field could be used only inside of the the Filter, Sort by and Statistic qualifiers, not as a node.
- Instead of "$" sign for Sort by/Statistic fields, I suggest "%" or "^" characters. "$" character could be used for signing some features which exists only in commercial Gold version of the program (although I don't know what could be mentioned about that).
- "Album Artist with Album" - description should be "Album Artist followed by Album (used to be Album and Year in an earlier version of Magic
- "Album with Album Artist" - description is almost correct, but "in an earlier version of Magic Nodes" should be inside of parenthesis, immediately after "used to be".
- You should remove the space character after ":" in all qualifiers, e.g. "Show tracks: yes|no" should be "Show tracks:yes|no". I could modify the script to enable such syntax, but currently the space is not accepted.
- "Show tracks:yes|no - This doesn’t seem to work in MM3". - Please, remove this description. If you find some bug, you should report it to me first. Same state for description in the Local qualifiers table.
- "SQL filter:... - I don’t know anything about this ..." - Please, remove this description.
- "Left of" and "Right of" description should contain plural in "specified characters", not single "character".
- Instead "Controls whether an “All” value is displayed" - should be "Controls whether a node with all possible tracks (filtered or not) is displayed" or something like that.
- Instead of "Controls whether an “Unknown” value is displayed" - should be "Controls whether a node with unknown values is displayed"
- Show Sort Key should be alphabetically before Show Tracks and Top before Trim.
- Below of some tables as is Global qualifier you have a description with something like "Where bold indicates the default setting." - you should add description of "|" character which is used to separate several possible values.
- Maybe you should write a Content page and the Introduction chapter could be separated on 3-4 smaller, easier to follow parts. Also, you should write your name somewhere in the begin of the document.
Maybe we should continue with a discussion about this with PM, but maybe someone else wants to join with comments in improving this document? Anyway, thank you very much for doing this. If you don't mind, I could put a link to this document in the first post of this thread and maybe on the download page in my site.