Magic Nodes 4.2 w/ 380 masks & real GUI (2011-07-01)[MM2+]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD » Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:19 pm

Khazad-dûm wrote:Yes, that's exactly what I would like.
For a 2 disc album, you can select the tracks for each disc seperately. Certainly for a more-than-2 disc album this is quite handy.
For a one disc album, it makes no sense to select the disc, so it's not present
Hmm. I am just wondering, why is it such a big problem for you to display tracks from single-disc albums, even if it displays Unknown or Disc 1 sub-node? For example, if I click on the node caption "Dark Side of the Moon" I will get all tracks from this album in the tracklist window, without a need to expand this node and to select its Unknown sub-node. I need to expand only nodes with multi-disc albums if I want to see which tracks belongs to specific disc.

I know, you can tell me that you want to see how many discs some album contains and because of that you need to expand its node even if it has only one disc. But, you have a solution even for this. You could display the number of discs for each album after the album caption and in that case you don't need to expand the album node to see how many discs it contain:

Code: Select all

Example\<Genre>\<Album|Statistic:Count(Items)>\<Disc number>

Khazad-dûm

Post by Khazad-dûm » Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:28 pm

You could display the number of discs for each album after the album caption and in that case you don't need to expand the album node to see how many discs it contain
If you look my Magic Nodes in my first post, you see I already use the year as prefix in the album-node, and also custom1 as postfix. I feel adding further the number of discs to it, would make it a bit too crowdy.
That's why I sought for another solution, and I thought the most obvious one was the removal of the expansion '+' and the sub-node. After all it has no use for a one disk album.

I thought it to be a simple and elegant solution, but alas now it has turned out to be a complex one, so then it's quite possible not worth the struggle. :(

tastyratz

Post by tastyratz » Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:33 pm

Anyone else having problems with min/max tracks still?
Changelog says it was fixed but I tried several different ways with no luck

This is one I know a lot of other people use
One Hit Wonders\<Artist|Max tracks:5>

Im using the latest 1.7.4.2 script on MM 3

ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD » Sat Mar 22, 2008 6:27 am

tastyratz wrote:Anyone else having problems with min/max tracks still?
Please, could you explain which kind of problems you have with min/max tracks?

Actually, I am aware about a problem with this qualifiers and trying to resolve this. Sometimes masks return nodes/tracks which they shouldn't and/or statistics are incorrect. But, as I know, this is manifesting only occasionally with several (> 2) nested nodes which have those qualifiers on each level. For example:

Xmpl|Statistic:Count(All)\<Genre|Min tracks:300|Statistic:Count(All)>\<Year|Min tracks:30|Statistic:Count(All)>\<Artist|Min tracks:10|Statistic:Count(All)>
The One Hit Wonders mask which have only one node level should work fine. At least, it works fine to me.

tastyratz

Post by tastyratz » Sat Mar 22, 2008 2:03 pm

I am by no means a Magic nodes expert but I have tried other scripts and modifying the scripts myself with no success at any point.

I setup that particular script as a node and this is precisely what I see:

I only use 1 other node which is Incomplete Albums (Bex's algorithm)
that works fine.

I have tried editing, deleting, recreating, etc. the max track node with no success.

ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD » Sat Mar 22, 2008 6:12 pm

tastyratz wrote:I setup that particular script as a node and this is precisely what I see:
Sorry but I really don't have any clue what is happening with your program. Min/max tracks qualifiers have some problems, but they are manifesting as incorrect display of some nodes and statistics, never as your error messages. The SQL query which could be seen in your screenshot is exactly same on my computer and it works fine.

Maybe you could try to re-install MM.

Bex

Post by Bex » Sat Mar 22, 2008 6:22 pm

The only thing I can think of is that one or more of your artists contains an illegal character such as <Enter> or similar in their name. <Enter> can't really be displayed but are seen as small empty boxes somewhere in the name. Happened to me one time and nothing really worked as it should until I removed them.
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts

ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD » Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:20 pm

Bex wrote:Happened to me one time and nothing really worked as it should until I removed them.
I recently finished a comparative test of SQLite management tools for one computer magazine. I tried all programs with same queries and several tested programs had similar error message as it could be seen from tastyratz's screenshot ("wrong number of arguments to function substr"). I thought how those programs are stupid when don't know that substr function could have 2 arguments, as well as 3. I meant first that this happens with programs which have older SQLite engine (SQLite Analyzer with 3.3.7 engine and SQlite Database Browser with 3.3.5), but I noticed same with SQLite Administrator which has relatively new 3.5.1 engine, so it is obvious this is not a reason for such behavior.

Big Isch

Post by Big Isch » Sun Mar 23, 2008 1:08 am

Hello,

Following Node worked without trouble in MM2, but loops infinitely in MM3:

My SuperGenre Jazz|filter:<Genre> LIKE ('%jazz%') or <Genre> IN ('fusion')\<Genre>\<Album Artist with Album>
Using filter-part before and after 'OR' individually is without problem.

Can someone help ?

ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD » Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:29 am

Big Isch wrote:Following Node worked without trouble in MM2, but loops infinitely in MM3
Actually, there is a same drawback with MM2 but it is not manifesting with same masks, because of different tables/fields between MM2 and MM3.

One solution is to put OR expression within brackets (). Another solution is to download latest version of the script (1.7.5) :) Thank you very much for the report.

Bex

Post by Bex » Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:53 am

ZvezdanD wrote:I recently finished a comparative test of SQLite management tools for one computer magazine. I tried all programs with same queries and several tested programs had similar error message as it could be seen from tastyratz's screenshot ("wrong number of arguments to function substr"). I thought how those programs are stupid when don't know that substr function could have 2 arguments, as well as 3. I meant first that this happens with programs which have older SQLite engine (SQLite Analyzer with 3.3.7 engine and SQlite Database Browser with 3.3.5), but I noticed same with SQLite Administrator which has relatively new 3.5.1 engine, so it is obvious this is not a reason for such behavior.
Strange. I wonder what the cause is?
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts

Big Isch

Post by Big Isch » Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:55 am

One solution is to put OR expression within brackets (). Another solution is to download latest version of the script (1.7.5)
Works perfect. Thanks a lot.

ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD » Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:03 am

Bex wrote:Strange. I wonder what the cause is?
As I said, I don't have a clue. I suppose this is something in connection with integrated SQLite engine, because exactly same error message I got from different programs.

nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan » Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:13 am

ZvezdanD:

I am getting the following errors when starting MM, I had it with the previous version also but I uninstalled because I got frustrated. Is this caused by a conflict between two scripts and if so, any idea how to figure out which ones?

Nyn
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files

ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD » Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:35 am

nynaevelan wrote:I am getting the following errors when starting MM
Most probably, your Custom 4 field has renamed in such way to contain some existing field name. If this is a case, please try with some unique text value.

If you suspect that MN has a conflict with some another script, the simplest way to test this is to temporary remove all other scripts from Auto folder (except MN), start MM and see if same error happens. After that you could move back all scripts to Auto folder.