Lyrics and Comment Viewer 2.2 (2011-04-24) [MM3+4]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

gege

Lyrics and Comment Viewer 2.2 (2011-04-24) [MM3+4]

Post by gege »

What is it?

This script creates a dockable panel which shows id3v2 embedded Lyrics AND/OR Comment.
It is based on DiddeLeeDoo's Lyrics Dockable Panel v1.52 script, who gave me permission to use his code and also uses MonkeyRok's localization and theme/language file auto-discovering functions, with permission of his author, trixmoto. Thank you guys!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Screenshots

Image Image
ImageImage

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What's new?

Version 2.2: Apr 24, 2011
- Fixed: LV is now fully compatible with MM4.
- Fixed: 'Show track number' setting is now ignored if Track# field is empty.
- Added translations: French (by Eyal), Italian (by my friend Giò), Spanish (by me, using Google Translate and current MM spanish translation by Pablo as a reference) and Portuguese-Portugal.
- Added: new Default and Pulse themes.
- Changed: Titlebar is now hidden by default.
- Improved: MM active language is detected on first run and used automatically if correspondent translation is available in LV.
- Improved uninstall.

For a comprehensive listing of changes in various versions of LV, check " \MediaMonkey\Scripts\LyricsViewer\version.txt" file.

How to use it?

1) Download the MMIP installation pack (link below).
2) Double-click on downloaded MMIP file. MediaMonkey will ask if you want to install it. Just click "Install Now".
3) No MM restart is needed. Just wait until the Panel appears. Then start playing a song with embedded Lyrics or Comment.
4) (Optional) Go to "Tools > Options > Player > Lyrics Viewer" and configure it the way you want.

Download:

Lyrics and Comment Viewer 2.2

ARCHIVED DOWNLOAD

Enjoy!
Last edited by gege on Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:05 pm, edited 21 times in total.
steelydan

Post by steelydan »

Thats real cool man. Once i upgrade to MM3, Ill be sure to grab that. Nice work
gege

Post by gege »

steelydan wrote:Thats real cool man. Once i upgrade to MM3, Ill be sure to grab that. Nice work
You don't have to wait. It works in MM2 too!
I updated the first post with a ZIP file and instructions for MM2, in order to make things easier for you.
Enjoy it!
steelydan

Post by steelydan »

Sweet. Thanks for the update. Downloading now....
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Very nice! I like the customization features... well done!
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

Very nice, one more to add to my collection. I am seriously running out of room with all these great panels.

Nyn
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

nynaevelan wrote:Very nice, one more to add to my collection. I am seriously running out of room with all these great panels.

Nyn
Agreed! Who wants to chip in and buy me a bigger screen? :lol:
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

We are thinking along the same lines, I asked my husband to buy me a bigger monitor for christmas. :lol:

Nyn

trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Great work, nice script! :)
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
HeistMonkey

Product Installation Error

Post by HeistMonkey »

Hi Gege, I'm getting a MM3 error message when running LyricsAndCommentViewer1.0-Install.mmip which states: "Prouct Installation Error"

I uninstalled and reinstalled that latest release making sure that after uninstall the MediaMonkey folder was empty. Your script was the first I tried to load. I am currently running Vista so not sure if someone else is running into this issue with a similar setup.

FYI: When I loaded the mmip into winrar and manually extracted the file contents in the folder, your script works like a charm.

Thanks. Nice looking script otherwise.
gege

Re: Product Installation Error

Post by gege »

HeistMonkey wrote:Hi Gege, I'm getting a MM3 error message when running LyricsAndCommentViewer1.0-Install.mmip which states: "Prouct Installation Error"

I uninstalled and reinstalled that latest release making sure that after uninstall the MediaMonkey folder was empty. Your script was the first I tried to load. I am currently running Vista so not sure if someone else is running into this issue with a similar setup.

FYI: When I loaded the mmip into winrar and manually extracted the file contents in the folder, your script works like a charm.

Thanks. Nice looking script otherwise.
What MM3 build are you using? My installer will not work on pre-RC2 builds.
Regarding Vista... I didn't test with it. I have only XP.
Did anyone have success on installing this script in Vista?
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

My computer is running Vista x32 Ultimate and I did not have any problems with the installation.

Nyn

Bex

Post by Bex »

Nice one gege!
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
gege

Post by gege »

trixmoto wrote:Great work, nice script! :)
Bex wrote:Nice one gege!
Thank you, guys! Glad you like it 8)
trixmoto

Re: Product Installation Error

Post by trixmoto »

HeistMonkey wrote:Hi Gege, I'm getting a MM3 error message when running LyricsAndCommentViewer1.0-Install.mmip which states: "Prouct Installation Error"
Right click on MM3 application and in the properties tick the "run as administrator" checkbox. Then run MM3, then run the installation package. The error is due to a lack of administrator priviledges! :)
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.