Lyrics and Comment Viewer 2.2 (2011-04-24) [MM3+4]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Billy

Post by Billy »

Thanks gege, this is one great script.
One request - when there is no lyrics available in the tag there is
Search lyrics using Google
Is there any way to add the option to use the default browser (I use Opera) and not IE to do the Google search.

Thanks
gege

Post by gege »

giowax wrote:Hey gege just a thing: are lyrics included in a flac file?
I knew it was not possible to include lyrics in a flac file...then I used your very nice script and inserted lyrics in the tag for a song in flac format.
The file was modified so I thought the lyrics were inserted in it...is it possible? can you confirm this?
If the lyrics can be put in flacs it is a great thing since I have a lot of flacs ;-)
Will the lyrics inserted with your script be visible for other lyrics scripts and even other flac players?
Thank you!
giowax,
I think you misunderstood something. My script doesn't insert lyrics, it just displays them!
If the song being played is in Lybrary, it will try to get Lyrics from the library database. If it's not, it will try to get them from the tag, if tag format supports lyrics.

Regarding FLAC, all I know is it uses Vorbis Comment tag format. Though, I don't know if this format supports embedded lyrics or not.
- If it does, when tagging a FLAC file MM will store lyrics in database AND in tag. Consequently, lyrics will be available to any MM script (MonkeyRok, for instance) and also to other players.
- If it DOESN'T, then MM will store lyrics in database only. Thus, lyrics will not be externally acessible, only MM scripts will access them.
gege

Post by gege »

Billy wrote:Thanks gege, this is one great script.
One request - when there is no lyrics available in the tag there is
Search lyrics using Google
Is there any way to add the option to use the default browser (I use Opera) and not IE to do the Google search.
You need to understand that Lyrics Viewer is in fact an embedded IE. So, when you click on Search in Google link, you already have IE opened. It just opens the link in a new window.

Firefox users can workaround this by installing the Firefox View extension. With that extension installed, you can right-click in any link in the embedded IE and choose "Open link in Firefox".
I don't use Opera, so I don't know if some similar workaround is possible.
Billy

Post by Billy »

Thanks gege.
Interesting that IE is used, I normally try and avoid it like the plague.
The Firefox option looks good - I'll give it a try.
As far as I can see Opera has no such capability
drjboulder

Post by drjboulder »

gege wrote: Firefox users can workaround this by installing the Firefox View extension. With that extension installed, you can right-click in any link in the embedded IE and choose "Open link in Firefox".
I don't use Opera, so I don't know if some similar workaround is possible.
Thanks for the tip Gege, did not know about that extension!

Clicking on the google link & having IE open up was the one thing that was bugging me about your script.
D Rock
MediaMonkeyGoldv3.0.3.1183
Vista Home Basic|4thGen 20GPod
Zune Small Player Skin w/ Aqua 4 Player Mod
Backup | Last FM Node | Scrobbler DJ | TopTracks | StayInSameStyleDJ
RadioDJ | RadioFreeMonkey | PrettyPictures | MiniLyricsEmbedder
LyricsViewer | Lyricator | LyricsPlugin | VisualizationEmbedder | MonkeyRok
RightClickForWeb | WebSearchPanels | WebNodes | MagicNodes | FavoritesNodes
NowPlayingArtNode |AutoRateAccurate | TaggingInconsistencies
AdvancedDuplicateFind&Fix | CaseModify | PlayHistory&Stats | Etc...
spacefish

Post by spacefish »

Awesome script! I just installed this and it's simple yet elegant. I really didn't need MiniLyrics and I just wanted something that would read the ID3 lyrics tag and display the contents from the main window. Very nice to add comment viewing as well and I love the lookup feature when there are no lyrics presents (I'm a Firefox user!).

Just another example of why the MM community is so great. 8)

P.S. And a skin request to go with nohitter151's Zune skin. Love it! :)
MM Gold 3.0.3.1183 : Vista HP SP1 (x86) : Zen Stone (2GB)
Zekton: An original MM3 skin by Eyal.
Scripts in Use: Add/Remove PlayStat | Auto Album DJ | AutoRateAccurate | Backup
Case & Leading Zero Fixer | Classification & Genre Changer | Clean Scripts.ini | Clear
Field | Custom Report | Discogs Auto-Tag Web Search | Forget Crossfade | Invert
Selection/Select None | Last 100... | Lyricator | Lyrics to Instrumental | MonkeyRok
MusicBrainz Tagger | My Custom Nodes | Now Playing Art Node | Play History & Stats
Right Click for Reports | Right Click for Scripts | Right Click for Web | Stop After Current
WebNodes

Post by Guest »

great job, nice piece!
gege

Post by gege »

spacefish wrote:And a skin request to go with nohitter151's Zune skin. Love it! :)
Well, I think default theme goes well with Zune skin... But I'll think about it when I get time.
great job, nice piece!
You're welcome!
Vyper

Post by Vyper »

With all these great scripts I'm gonna need a bigger widescreen monitor .... Image
Stop Button Freak
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

Vyper wrote:With all these great scripts I'm gonna need a bigger widescreen monitor .... Image
I know exactly what you mean, I just keep running out of room.

Nyn
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
gege

Post by gege »

Vyper wrote:I'm gonna need a bigger widescreen monitor .... Image
I'm accepting donations too 8)
jn

Post by jn »

Really great!
sixthchild09

Post by sixthchild09 »

SOMEBODY HELP ME!!!

I'm trying to install the plug in on my laptop, i have MM 3.0.2.1134 and i can't install it!!!!

i tried the "run as administrator" thing, the MM2 zip, and of course the normal installation AND I ALWAYS GET THE SAME RESULT!!!

EACH TIME I START THE MM I GET THIS:

"ERROR HAPPENED DURING SCRIPT EXECUTION
A SCRIPT ENGINE FOR THE SPECIFIED LANGUAGE CAN NOT BE CREATED"

i have my MM on English language

I also have the MM 3.0.1 installed on my desktop and it worked very well...

both machines have Win vista x32 son I DON´T KNOW WHAT TO DO! I WANT THE PLUGIN TO WORK IN BOTH MACHINES BECAUSE I LOVE IT!!!!

HELP HEEEEELLLLLPPPP!!!!
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

This error implies there's something wrong with the Windows Scripting Host so maybe you should try to reinstall this. I know you could download it for XP from the microsoft website, but I'm not sure about Vista.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
sixthchild09

Post by sixthchild09 »

then that means that i have to reinstall windows in my laptop?????!!!! :(

the MM works fine but i can't install the plug in when i try to install it, nothing happens and then I restart the MM and the error message appears, the strange thing is that in my desktop i have the same windows and the MM works perfect with the plug in :-?