Lyrics and Comment Viewer 2.2 (2011-04-24) [MM3+4]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

helkav

Re: Lyrics and Comment Viewer 2.2 (2011-04-24) [MM3+4]

Post by helkav »

when I look at properties/lyrics in MM there is nothing there. I have checked the same song in TagScanner and the lyrics are there. Just in case lyrics were being downloaded, I turned off my internet connection.

I need to know how to set up MM so that lyrics are stored in the "standard" way in the ID3 tags so they can be accessed offline (also in other music progs like iTunes)

Ideally I would like to be able to download a batch of lyrics at a time, but I'll just try to get this working for now!
helkav

Post by helkav »

aaaaaah D'OOHH

I hadn't got scan continuously on so the new tag wasn't read (I had downloaded the lyrics from another prog.)

it really wasn't obvious that I was looking at MM data rather than file data - I need to go and RTFM a bit I think!
MMuser2011

Post by MMuser2011 »

Great Script! Works fine with my MM4.
Thank you for sharing it! :D
Magic Nodes v4.3.3 (2018-10-03) last free version SQL Viewer v2.4 (2009-10-25)
ExternalTools v1.4 (2011-05-09) iTunesMonkey 1.0 + Acoustid
Calculate Cover Size v1.7 (2012-10-23) RegExp Find & Replace v4.4.9 (2018-10-03) last free version
lauren

Post by lauren »

hey, thank you so much for this great app!
i have a few suggestions that would be awesome but not really necessary as this is already great!!
- ability to create own theme/change background, font style, etc
- if there are no id3 lyrics, ability to choose a different browser to search for lyrics (i use chrome, not IE
- not sure on the plausibility of this one, but if there was a button to take you straight to the 'edit lyrics' dialog, that would be FANTASTIC.

thanks again i will surely be using this everyday.
wytie

Post by wytie »

I have been having some problems getting this script installed. I have taken a look back at the previous discussions but nothing there seems to be working for me. When I try to install the script I get an error message saying that "Lyrics and Comments Viewer was not installed". Under the extensions menu it shows lyrics and comments viewer as an installed script and I can uninstall it, but when I go to the options menu it either doesn't show up, or it does show up and I get some errors messages. I am running Windows 7 64 bit and have downgraded to Internet Explorer 8. I have tried to install it after running MediaMonkey as an administrator, but that still gets me the same message. Do you have any other suggestions? I would really like to get this working, I have been using this extension for quite a while on my old computer and really enjoy it.
rrfpacker

Post by rrfpacker »

Are we to assume you've moved MM to another computer? And you've upgraded to MM4 and that's why you're having problems? Have you tried copying the LCV folder from your old computer to the new?
wytie

Post by wytie »

Sorry, I realized after I had posted the comment that my post was no particularly clear on what was going on. I was just trying to add lyrics viewer to a new installation of MM4 on a new computer. I figured the problem out though, once I went through Programs and Features and then to Turn Windows features on or off and disabled Internet Explorer 8 I was able to get it installed. Thanks for the reply to my post and it there is anyone else out there having a similar issue give this workaround a try
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

I'm glad you figured it out. And thanks for posting your solution.
--
The gpzbc
Hawkgutz

Post by Hawkgutz »

I'm having a problem with the add-on. I"m running Media Monkey 4.0 with the add-on installed but the lyrics show up without any formatting. They are continuous sentences without any spacing, which makes them harder to read. Please advise.
rrfpacker

Post by rrfpacker »

As far as I know, it will only show what you have in the tag, if the tag lyric is unformatted that's what you will see. You'll have to manually fix it.
Toyzrme

Post by Toyzrme »

Regarding formatting: I am seeing the same behavior. Sometimes there is formatting, sometimes not - on the *same song*. So it's not what's in the tag...
Vyper

Post by Vyper »

@ Hawkgutz: The only time I've run across that is if the site the lyrics were extracted from were that way.

You could check each site manually for any one of those songs and see if this is the case.

@ Toyzrme: Are you saying that you've checked the tag of a specific song and the lyrics are formatted, but when you play the song they show up unformatted sometimes and formatted at other times?
Stop Button Freak
Peter Panino

Post by Peter Panino »

Suggestion: Please make it aware of URL, Filenames. So, when the Comment field contains an URL such as:
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolfgang_Amadeus_Mozart
then when clicking this URL opens this URL in the default web browser.

Or when it contains a file path such as:
D:\Sheet Music\Acoustic Fingerstyle.pdf
then when clicking this file path opens this file in its associated program.

This would be very helpful!
Eyal

Post by Eyal »

Hi there,

Last year, I made for myself a simple modification to this script, to let me enter web URL's in the Comment field.
The result is straightforward and open URL in Internet Explorer or any default active web browser that uses IE engine.

MOD:
With a text editor, open the file: Mediamonkey\Scripts\Auto\LyricsViewer.vbs

The HtmlMarkup function (line 407) needs to be changed

from this:

Code: Select all

Function HtmlMarkup(Txt)
    Txt=Replace(Txt,"<","(")
    Txt=Replace(Txt,">",")")
    HtmlMarkup=Replace(Txt,vbNewLine,"<br>" & vbNewLine & "                ")
End Function
to this:

Code: Select all

Function HtmlMarkup(Txt)            'Mod by Eyal - Sept 5, 2011.
    Txt=Replace(Txt, "[[", "<a target=" &Chr(34) &"_New" &Chr(34) &" href=" &Chr(34))  '&"http://")
    Txt=Replace(Txt, ">", Chr(34) &">")
    Txt=Replace(Txt, ">]", ">(link)]")
    Txt=Replace(Txt, "]]", "</a>")
    HtmlMarkup=Replace(Txt,vbNewLine,"<br>" & vbNewLine & "                ")
End Function
- Save the file.
- Close and restart MediaMonkey.

HOW TO USE:
In the Comment field, an URL
- must be delimited in double bracket,
- must begin with http:// and end with > sign,
- can be followed by an optional descriptive text.

EXAMPLES:
- Comment: CD bought on [[http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/sut/sut ... ml>Psyshop]] April 7, 2012.
- Displays: CD bought on Psyshop April 7, 2012.

- Comment: CD bought on Psyshop.com [[http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/sut/sut1cd021.html>]] April 7, 2012.
- Displays: CD bought on Psyshop.com (link) April 7, 2012.

- Comment: Album released 2011-03-03 on [[http://www.suntriprecords.com/release/c ... 1/>Suntrip Records]] label. [[http://www.discogs.com/release/2751823>Discogs link]]. Also available as digital on [[http://www.beatport.com/release/exodus/352030>beatport]] music store site.
- Displays: Album released 2011-03-03 on Suntrip Records label. Discogs link. Also available as digital on beatport music store site.

Cool, isn't it?
:~)
Eyal
Skins for MediaMonkey: Cafe, Carbon, Helium, Spotify, Zekton. [ Wiki Zone ].
FeliChe

Post by FeliChe »

Hi,

Thanks for the script.

I´m Spanish sorry for my english writing.

I´ve installed "lyrics and comment viewer". It´s appear at my right side "mediamonkey" program but it doesn´t show the lyric.

Instead show the message "No hay letras en la etiqueta id3v2" that I suppose means "isn´t lyrics in label id3v2"

In the properites of the songs, in the lyrics label isn´t anything neither.

What I doing wrong? What I have to configurate?

Thanks for your atention.