Lyrics and Comment Viewer 2.2 (2011-04-24) [MM3+4]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

gege

Re: Lyrics and Comment Viewer 2.1 by Gege (2009-03-05) [MM3]

Post by gege » Sat May 30, 2009 5:31 pm

Benn wrote:Am I doing anything wrong?
Probably :lol: but I don't know what.. :o

I suggest you to do the following:
1) Put MM and LV to run, playing a song preferably;
2) Go to "\Scripts\LyricsViewer\Themes\Agora" folder and open "skin.css" file using Notepad or other text editor;
3) Make the changes I pointed in the other thread;
4) Save "skin.css" (no need to close Notepad);
5) Switch to MM and press "Next" player button. LyricsViewer should display lyrics for the new song, with the changes made to "skin.css" already taking effect.

Benn

Post by Benn » Sun May 31, 2009 2:22 pm

Done, thanks a lot Gege.

I decided to hide the title bar and keep the lyrics header, it looks goooood. :)

ambrose

Post by ambrose » Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:38 am

Hi there, Your script is great, I was just wondering whether it is possible to have two instances of it running at the same time? Thanks

RifRaf

Post by RifRaf » Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:23 pm

am wondering if this script could possibly support html tags in the comment viewer part like the top shows a google link if no lyrics are found. I have been using it to store things like a short biography or song details on the comments tag that often contain some html, such as links to band webpages etc and would be great to see these properly and be able to click on them.

another thing is maybe the list of displayable fields could include mm custom tags as well, if so then i could use them to hold different information such as biographies, similar artists/bands etc and be able to select what is displayed in the comment viewer to see this extra artist related info.

will have a crack at the script changes myself but maybe others might find it handy as well

gege

Post by gege » Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:46 pm

RifRaf wrote:am wondering if this script could possibly support html tags in the comment viewer part like the top shows a google link if no lyrics are found.
You can enable this by commenting out lines 396 and 397 of script.
RifRaf wrote:maybe the list of displayable fields could include mm custom tags as well
Adding full* support to this is possible, but would be a little laborious, and unfortunately I don't have time to do this right now. I'll put this in the TO DO list, although I don't promise it.

* By full support, I mean it should include the possibility to enable/disable each custom field in LV option sheet, as well as being able to correctly display the Name assigned to each field.

RifRaf

Post by RifRaf » Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:16 pm

gege thanks for that, it worked perfectly. Do not really require the custom fields in any hurry if at all really now. Being able to put a little page of html into the comment is working out well so far and displaying all the info required.

coolmalayalee

Post by coolmalayalee » Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:10 am

Wow.. this is certainly the best lyrics viewer..Thanks a ton.

gege

Post by gege » Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:14 am

coolmalayalee wrote:Wow.. this is certainly the best lyrics viewer..Thanks a ton.
You're welcome :)

carbykev

Post by carbykev » Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:52 am

G'day Gege,

Love the LyricsViewer :D . Just what i needed, a plain lyrics view with an option to 'search' if needed. Great mate!!

Regards,
Kev.
Wherever you go, there you are (Unless you're having an out-of-body experience. In that case, come back soon it's getting cold).
Have, use and love MM Gold. Love is the only reason to live, music is the rhythm it moves to.

tasha

Post by tasha » Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:18 am

Hi

Thx for your script Gege, it's fantastic!!
Without the lyrics, i was so sad :roll:

But i have one problem, i have install lyrics and comment viewer 2.1 without any problem, but when i'm listening a song which doesn't have lyric in the idtag, i have the message "There's no lyrics in id3v2 tag"

No problem for me, i make a right click on the song and click on "auto tag from the web" (sorry for the translation but i'm french)

I see the lyric but i have a pop up messageImage I press OK many times and it's OK but i lost many time...

Does it have a solution please??

gege

Post by gege » Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:24 am

tasha wrote:But i have one problem, i have install lyrics and comment viewer 2.1 without any problem, but when i'm listening a song which doesn't have lyric in the idtag, i have the message "There's no lyrics in id3v2 tag"
No problem for me, i make a right click on the song and click on "auto tag from the web" (sorry for the translation but i'm french)
I see the lyric but i have a pop up message ... I press OK many times and it's OK but i lost many time...
Does it have a solution please??
Sorry, but I couldn't understand the exact steps to reproduce this.
So I ask you to:
a) Describe STEP-BY-STEP how to reproduce the error; and
b) List the EXACT versions of Lyrics Viewer and MediaMonkey which you are using.

Fake edit: just taking a more detailed view on your screenshot, I noticed the error is thrown by "lyricsplugin.vbs". My script is named "LyricsViewer.vbs"!
So, I just can conclude your error is due to another script, not mine! :-P

tasha

Post by tasha » Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:33 pm

Sorry Gege, it's not your script which give me problem :oops: :oops:

I have installed many script to have lyrics on MediaMonkey, sorry again for the confusion :D

svenni

Post by svenni » Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:12 pm

Very nice! But. Is there any way to add lyrics fast and easy? I would like to either be able to right click on the panel and paste the lyric to lyric field, or have a button or something to add new lyrics. What do you say?

Thanks anyway for a great panel!
Music is great!
MM with:
AutoAccRate 2.4.2, Blue Monkey 2.1, Backup 5.1, AutoAlbumDJ 3.5, Last100.. node, ClearNowPlayingButton 1.2, Monkey Rok, Last FM DJ and Scrobbler that scrobbles!

nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 » Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:10 pm

svenni wrote:Very nice! But. Is there any way to add lyrics fast and easy? I would like to either be able to right click on the panel and paste the lyric to lyric field, or have a button or something to add new lyrics. What do you say?

Thanks anyway for a great panel!
Try lyricator:
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =lyricator
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.

gege

Post by gege » Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:09 pm

I also use WebSearch Panels plugin, set with two panels: lyricsplugin.com (more reliable) and Lyrics-songs.com (better for brazilian music). This way, I can easily fetch lyrics, song-by-song, and embed them with a click. I prefer this approach, instead of using a batch tool, like Lyricator.

Anyway, with these great tools available, I think it's unnecessary to bloat Lyrics Viewer with such features, so it will continue to be just this: a Viewer. Probably. :)

In case you decide to give WebSearch Panels a try, You can use my Websearch.xml as a start. It looks like this:

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-15"?>
<configuration>

<site>
    <name>lyricsplugin</name>
    <caption>lyricsplugin</caption>
    <description>Search current title's lyrics in lyricsplugin.com</description>
    <start>about:blank</start>
    <url>http://www.lyricsplugin.com/winamp03/plugin/?title=%title%&artist=%artist%</url>
  </site>

<site>
    <name>lyricssongs</name>
    <caption>Lyrics-songs.com</caption>
    <description>Search current title's lyrics in lyrics-songs.com</description>
    <start>about:blank</start>
    <url>http://www.lyrics-songs.com/winamp.php?musica=%title%&artista=%artist%</url>
  </site>

</configuration>