iPlaylist Importer 1.6 - Updated 25/05/2008

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

riichall

Re: iPlaylist Importer 1.6 - Updated 25/05/2008

Post by riichall »

Wow, I was hoping you could be able to fix the whole Unicode thing but I guess it wasn't meant to be. Thanks for all the hard work and time you have put in to the development of this script.
theshawn

Possible to import ratings and playcounts?

Post by theshawn »

Would it be possible to update this script to pull in some of the additional metadata now available via exported XML playlists (and entire iTunes libraries)? Most importantly ratings, then playcounts would be nice. I've never tried to write or modify a script, but I may try... Seems like we could tell the script to look at some additional fields like:
<key>Rating</key><integer>60</integer>
<key>Rating Computed</key><true/>
<key>Album Rating</key><integer>60</integer>

I think MM does this by default, but I've been back-and-forth with MM and iTunes due to my iPhone. Now I'm on to Android and back to my beloved MM. Stay with me, I transcode all my FLAC (over 3500 files) to an iTunes 'cache' of mp4 files. Then I did a lot of rating on my phone and in iTunes. If I could get this script to pull in some more metadata, then it might be worthwhile to export the library and find/replace the path and extensions to point the XML back to my FLAC files, yet with ratings in tact! Thoughts? Help? :D
jdoornek

Post by jdoornek »

Does this work for Windows 7, Itunes 10.5, MM 3.2?
Thanks
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I assume you have this setup? Why don't you try it and let me know?
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
jdoornek

Post by jdoornek »

Thanks. This worked great.
hodiernal

Post by hodiernal »

I've downloaded the script directly from your website, but when I try to open my XML document in Media Monkey it opens as a podcast, not a playlist, and none of my library is there. Is there something I'm doing wrong?
onlythebrave

Post by onlythebrave »

Hi, I am totally ignorant about scripts, and need telling exactly what I have to do.
Have just started with media monkey, and want to import my itunes playlists , but do not know what it means to run a script.

can anyone help please
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Once installed, it should appear in the "Tools > Scripts" menu.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
self

Unable to Install iPlaylist Importer

Post by self »

I have just moved my MediaMonkey.ini, MM.DB, and MetadataCache files into MediaMonkey on a new laptop running Windows 8 from an old laptop running Vista. My playlists and settings seem to have transferred over correctly onto the new machine and all of my songs play fine.

However, when I try to install iPlaylist Importer 1.6 I get the following message:

Error happened during installation: Cannot create file: "C:\PROGRAtilde [cannot find the tilde diacritic mark on my new computer's keyboard]2\MEDIAMtilde1\Scripts\Scripts.ini". Access is denied.

That is followed by a box that lists a song that I had cued up to play on MediaMonkey with the message:

Variant or safe array is locked.

(After clicking "OK" the sang then plays fine.)

Any help with regard to how to get iPlaylist installed would be most appreciated.

PS: I am assuming that there is no more recent script/program that allows one to transfer iTunes playlists to MediaMonkey?
Last edited by Lowlander on Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged with existing post
nohitter151

Re: Unable to Install iPlaylist Importer

Post by nohitter151 »

When you double click the addon installer file, there will be a pop-up in MediaMonkey. Make sure you check the box to "Install for the current user only".
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
self

Post by self »

Thanks for the response nohitter151. After opening the iPlaylist Importer installer file, the "Install for the current user only" option is greyed-out in the pop-up that appears in MediaMonkey. I have downloaded the installer file again, but still get the same thing. What should I do?
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

self wrote:Thanks for the response nohitter151. After opening the iPlaylist Importer installer file, the "Install for the current user only" option is greyed-out in the pop-up that appears in MediaMonkey. I have downloaded the installer file again, but still get the same thing. What should I do?
Not sure why that would happen, but the other option is to load MediaMonkey with administrator rights. Right click the MM icon > "Run as administrator". Then install the addon.

self

Post by self »

Many thanks nohitter151! That's done the trick:-)
LightFoot

iPlaylist Importer

Post by LightFoot »

Greetings ~ I have been converting to MMW today. I was excited to learn about iPlaylist Importer and gave it a try. It seemed to run and our playlists appeared. However, upon trying to use what the playlists show it turned out that these items are not playable. In addition, the script caused duplicate listings in the music list none of which are playable.

So, what is the problem here? Is there a solution which will allow me to import the playlists and have them useable?

Thank you!
Last edited by Lowlander on Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged with existing post
nohitter151

Re: iPlaylist Importer

Post by nohitter151 »

LightFoot wrote:Greetings ~ I have been converting to MMW today. I was excited to learn about iPlaylist Importer and gave it a try. It seemed to run and our playlists appeared. However, upon trying to use what the playlists show it turned out that these items are not playable. In addition, the script caused duplicate listings in the music list none of which are playable.

So, what is the problem here? Is there a solution which will allow me to import the playlists and have them useable?

Thank you!
It says in the description for the addon:
Any tracks which are not in your library will be created using the metadata from the XML file.
So it appears that the tracks from your iTunes playlists are not in your MediaMonkey library. I assume it would go by the file path.