StayInSameStyleDJ [MM3]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Peke

Post by Peke »

RedX You can Check Install.VBS to see if Sheets and Buttons are initialized on Install?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
RedX

Post by RedX »

i noticed that he registers his script wrong.
He sets the type as 2 in the scripts.ini that's also why it does not show in the drop down list for autoDJ scripts ;-)

Regards red
SatinKnights

Post by SatinKnights »

RedX wrote:i noticed that he registers his script wrong.
He sets the type as 2 in the scripts.ini that's also why it does not show in the drop down list for autoDJ scripts ;-)

Regards red
As far as I can tell, an AutoDJ script is designed to fill a structure, and then return the structure to the AutoDJ internals so the internals can do the work of adding the songs to the playlist. My script is already doing the work of adding the song to the playlist, so it would belong in the "2 - track start" category. Peke has offered to help me with examples on how to covert it to a type 4 script. It will take some work to strip off my last few actions so the internals can do their part. Also, the panel is in VBScript because that was cloned from Daniel's script, and the main script is in JScript. So, it needs a language conversion to all VBScript to go to type 4.
SatinKnights

Post by SatinKnights »

Peke wrote:RedX You can Check Install.VBS to see if Sheets and Buttons are initialized on Install?
So, it looks like I need to call OnStartup() also in the Install.vbs code. Any other tweaks while I am in there?
SatinKnights

Post by SatinKnights »

Ok. I tweaked the install script. I actually had to put a second execute statement in the install.ini file. So, now the icon appears on the tool bar immediately, and is disabled by default. Only the install script has changed, so there is no reason for anyone to download the script again yet.
RedX

Post by RedX »

Do you need help converting to a vb script? Are you interested in converting it? I could help you if you want. Just PM me.

Regards,
Red
SatinKnights

Post by SatinKnights »

I will. First, I want to get people's opinions as to if there is anything else that should be added. Then if it will save cpu cycles, I will go through and convert it to a true AutoDJ script.

There was one request for Last.fm support. Is that reporting what you just listened to, or go ask Last.fm what to grab next? I think both are already covered by other scripts, so I am not sure what you wanted. I've never understood why someone would want to leak that much personal data about what they are doing for the whole world to see. I am paranoid because I have helped a friend through a stalker case that came down to; close every email account she ever had, close all credit cards, wipe the hard drive and reinstall, buy a new cell phone because the old one is GPS tagged, move to a new city, etc. It was hell for her for a year.

Does anyone know if AutoDJ type 4 scripts stay loaded in memory? Or are they in the (load the interpreter, load the script, execute) cycle every time?
RedX

Post by RedX »

SatinKnights wrote:Does anyone know if AutoDJ type 4 scripts stay loaded in memory? Or are they in the (load the interpreter, load the script, execute) cycle every time?
It is kept loaded in memory.

see http://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index.p ... DJ_scripts

Regards,
Red
Peke

Post by Peke »

If you mean that you change/fix bugs on fly without restarting MM then Yes it is Possible with AutoDJ Scripts also.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
MusicBringer

Re: StayInSameStyleDJ [MM3]

Post by MusicBringer »

SatinKnights wrote:Well, after a week and a half of tweaking, here is my first script.

Stay In Same Style (auto)DJ
Download
I've just installed it and it seems to work ok for me. Thanks SatinKnights :)
Big_Berny

Post by Big_Berny »

I mean't last.fm-support so that it gets next songs from there. But you're right there already are scripts for this. :)
Scripts in use: Genre Finder / Last.fm DJ / Magic Nodes / AutoRateAccurate / Last.FM Node
Skins in use: ZuneSkin SP / Eclipse SP
AutoRateAccurate 3.0.0 (New) - Rates all your songs in less than 5 seconds!
About me: icoaching - internet | marketing | design
aerodynamic

Post by aerodynamic »

great script! :D
andy h

Post by andy h »

Yes great script! I use it every day. One of the best MM scripts. One problem, i have more and more songs with multiple genre tags, so if i listen to e.g "Rockabilly; Country", it only plays songs with this genre tag. Would be great if it would continues with either Country or Rockabilly. Or are there any settings to do this? If not, it would be great to implement this!
SatinKnights

Post by SatinKnights »

Well, after a year, I have had some time to update my script. Being laid off helped. :oops:
1) Converted to VBScript and made a true AutoDJ script.
2) Added the Wander Genres that Andy H wanted
3) Added commercial interruptions.
4) Added a second commercial block, effectively creating a "3 from 3 genres" mode.
5) Some or all genres can be forced to load the album sequentially.
6) added some basic ratings weightings.
7) Selections can be limited by a library filter, not necessarily the currently active one.
8 ) An optional NowPlaying subnode that shows the current selection pool that was used.

More details and the download link are in the first post.
-Satin Knights
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

Ok, this is going to sound silly but I cannot find the options sheet to set it up, where do I look??

Nyn
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files