AutoRateAccurate 2.4.3 (22/10/2009) - for MM3

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Big_Berny

Post by Big_Berny »

Hi Spazz,
do you have installed the newest version? Have you changed the formula to "100000000 * (Played-2*Skip)^5 / DaysSinceAdded / 1.01^DaysSinceLastPlayed"? It had two typos in it first...

EDIT: Do you see that the SkipCounter increases? Check the first four numbers of the customfield you chose to see the SkipCounter. Btw by default you have to play at least 10 seconds and at max 80% to really count the skip as a skip. You could change that in the options if that causes the problem.

Here it works...
Scripts in use: Genre Finder / Last.fm DJ / Magic Nodes / AutoRateAccurate / Last.FM Node
Skins in use: ZuneSkin SP / Eclipse SP
AutoRateAccurate 3.0.0 (New) - Rates all your songs in less than 5 seconds!
About me: icoaching - internet | marketing | design
Spazz

Post by Spazz »

The skipcounter did increase, I just installed the script listed in the first post and changed the formula, still doesn't rate songs with just skips, no plays.

I'll check songs that have plays, i'll skip one.
Spazz

Post by Spazz »

Alright, I skipped a song that was 5 stars and it docked down to 4 stars, apparently the problem is with unrated songs that are skipped.
Big_Berny

Post by Big_Berny »

Yes, as I posted before songs have to be played at least once (PlayCounter > 0) so that they can be rated. That's because autorating is mostly based on that PlayCounter. And I can't easily change that.
Btw this was the same in AutoRateAccurate 1.x - just MM's handling of PlayCounter was different. The problem is that with MM3 you have to finish a song to increase the PlayCounter.

But I'll see what I can do. Have to think about a change first because I don't want to introduce other problems...
Scripts in use: Genre Finder / Last.fm DJ / Magic Nodes / AutoRateAccurate / Last.FM Node
Big_Berny

Post by Big_Berny »

Ok, thought enough about it! :)
Download 2.0.1! There's a new option called "Rate all skipped songs" in the optionsheet. If enabled also songs with PlayCounter=0 get autorated if they already have been skipped. :)

I'd call 2.0.1 the first stable version! :)

Have fun!
Big_Berny

PS: There's also the BaseRating-option for songs which aren't autorateable!
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

Hi Berny, I had used DiddLeeDoo's auto-rate script in MM 2, however that isn't updated yet, so I am thinking about trying yours out, however I think it does things fundamentally different.

Let me explain what kind of behaviour I'm looking for and then figure out if thats possible with your script or not.

First, I don't want anything auto calculated without me playing or skipping it, so I would disable the calibrate functions. I also am not interested in using a custom field so that would be disabled too.

What I am looking for is a basic # of plays within a configurable time period = the rating I set it for, and for skips to immediately lower the rating (half star for my preference).

Basically, how I had it setup in MM 2, was default rating was 2.5, first play = 3 star, any skip = -.5 star (no matter what the previous rating was).

From there, I used the settings

within 8 day time period:
1 play = 3 star
3 play = 3.5
4 play = 4
5 play = 4.5
7 play = 5

Basically, if I played a song almost every day, after just over a week it would be up to 5 stars.

I am not sure whether or not I can approximate the above or not with your script, since it seems based upon the formula instead of table like DiddeLeeDoo's script.

Now I can live with a good formula approximation of the above, but I prefer the immediate minus .5 star on any skip, and the + .5 star on first play (I manually default rate every 'cleaned up' track @ 2.5 star, and leave non-cleaned up tracks un-rated).

What's your thoughts on the above?

edit:
After further checking out the script, I realized it also considers the date added and the all time since last played. I am not really interested in the added date affecting the rating, and I am really only interested in the last 8 rolling days. I don't want tracks downrated over time, the only downrates I want are from skips or from my manually rating them down.

I realize that your script operates on a fundamentally different design, so it may not really be feasible to incorporate or approximate my desires and if so thats perfectly fine. But if you see a way that I can get the same or very similar results as I got with Diddeleedoo's script without requiring reworking your design, I would be interested in checking it out more.
Last edited by Teknojnky on Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Teknojnky

Re: New! AutoRateAccurate - Release 2.0.1 (31/12/2007) [MM3]

Post by Teknojnky »

Big_Berny wrote:-KeepManualRatings
One of the importants thing for me was to create a script which doesn't need any Custom-fields or other field for additional informations and doesn't overwrite ratings you set yourself. This two options can be activated or deactivated and are very useful if you also want to rate your songs. Also users of portable mp3-players like ipod who rate with the player don't have to fear that their ratings get over-written.

I don't see in the options how to disable the custom field usage?

Also, well I am trying this out (I made a backup DB first) and I have a huge library (~400 meg database), the calibrate/auto-rating process is looking like a long time to do and it was frozen up mm for a couple minutes before it unfroze (but still processing)...

You may want to add SDB.ProcessMessages at the end of the major processing loops, this will help keep the MM UI from freezing up and running smoother.
sakurakessho

Post by sakurakessho »

There's my error :(

If it helps I'm running Vista Home Premium.

This looks like a great plugin and I can't wait to be able to use it.
drjboulder

Post by drjboulder »

Hey Berny, I've a question.
If I used your old script with MM2 & manually rated songs whose results I did not agree with.
After upgrade to MM3 with MM2 database import, will checking "Don't overwrite manual ratings" respect manual ratings from MM2?
D Rock
MediaMonkeyGoldv3.0.3.1183
Vista Home Basic|4thGen 20GPod
Zune Small Player Skin w/ Aqua 4 Player Mod
Backup | Last FM Node | Scrobbler DJ | TopTracks | StayInSameStyleDJ
RadioDJ | RadioFreeMonkey | PrettyPictures | MiniLyricsEmbedder
LyricsViewer | Lyricator | LyricsPlugin | VisualizationEmbedder | MonkeyRok
RightClickForWeb | WebSearchPanels | WebNodes | MagicNodes | FavoritesNodes
NowPlayingArtNode |AutoRateAccurate | TaggingInconsistencies
AdvancedDuplicateFind&Fix | CaseModify | PlayHistory&Stats | Etc...
Big_Berny

Post by Big_Berny »

@Teknojnky: What you want is exactly what DiddeLeeDoo's script does and it works completely different.
My script uses a more complex algorithm so you can't just say "Skip decreases rating by 0.5" and stuff like that. It uses a formula to calculate how good a song is and based on that it calculates a rating. (You can change the formula if you want anotehr one!)

The idea of my script is exaclty that it rates all the songs of your library automatically which at least have been played once (or skipped once). The autocalibration has nothingto do with that. Altough in your case I would disable 'autocalibration at startup" because it needs a lot of time. By the way I just improved the progressbar so that MM doesn't freeze anymore. Thanks for the idea!

Sorry about the customfields. They can't get disabled because soe important data is stored in it. 1.x didn't use a customfield but I was too limited and couldn't implement a lot of new features. And since there are now 5 customfields in MM3 and the users wanted it I changed that. I updated the text in the first post, it was from 1.x.

By the way the reason I don't use the tables yet is, that plays from the portables like ipod aren't stored in the table. And for some people (like me) that makes a lot of difference because I mostly listen to my music on the ipod. Anyway I could maybe implement such a feature in a future version...

Conclusion: What you want is exactly what DideeLeeDoo's script does. So it would be too much work to implement all what you want and I want to develope it in another direction. So I'd wait for DideeLeeDoo' update. But you surely can try out my script and afterwards delete the Autoratings, that's no problem.
Big_Berny

Post by Big_Berny »

@sakurakessho: Are you sure that this error comes from my script? I almost can't believe that... When does the error appears? Have you tried to disable the script in the options? I also have Vista and it works perfect now...

@drjboulder: Yes, since AutoRateAccurate uses slightly different ratings than MediaMonkey itself, old manual ratigs will also after the update be manual ratings. :)
drjboulder

Post by drjboulder »

Big_Berny wrote: @drjboulder: Yes, since AutoRateAccurate uses slightly different ratings than MediaMonkey itself, old manual ratigs will also after the update be manual ratings. :)
Thanks for the response, happy about that answer.

Have another question concerning the percentage option sheet....

If options are set, to say, 10% of library = 5 stars.
If more than 10% are already manually set to 5 stars.
Does your script keep library @ 10% 5 stars.
Or would it be 10% of "not manually rated"?

*does that make sense?*
D Rock
MediaMonkeyGoldv3.0.3.1183
Vista Home Basic|4thGen 20GPod
Zune Small Player Skin w/ Aqua 4 Player Mod
Backup | Last FM Node | Scrobbler DJ | TopTracks | StayInSameStyleDJ
RadioDJ | RadioFreeMonkey | PrettyPictures | MiniLyricsEmbedder
LyricsViewer | Lyricator | LyricsPlugin | VisualizationEmbedder | MonkeyRok
RightClickForWeb | WebSearchPanels | WebNodes | MagicNodes | FavoritesNodes
NowPlayingArtNode |AutoRateAccurate | TaggingInconsistencies
AdvancedDuplicateFind&Fix | CaseModify | PlayHistory&Stats | Etc...
Big_Berny

Post by Big_Berny »

Yes, makes sense! :)
This shoud be correct: 10% of ("not manually rated" and "autorateable")

By the way I just found a little inaccuracy here. It's fixed (or let's say improved) in the new 2.0.1.3. :)

EDIT: Just some correction: "not manually rated" counts only if you have enabled "Don't overwrite manual ratings". So to be totally correct it means 10% of all songs that will get an autorating.
Big_Berny

Post by Big_Berny »

I'm away until 2. january. So I can't help the next days!

But the script is stabler as all versions before now.

Happy new year! :)
Spazz

Post by Spazz »

New Feature Request. An option to auto calibrate and rerate all songs after every x songs played.

I think this would be useful for those with autodj playlists based on ratings and who are going through a basically unrated library.