iDate Added 1.5 - Updated 23/01/2008

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Leif Andersen

Re: iDate Added 1.5 [MM2+3]

Post by Leif Andersen »

HI,

I just used iDate as I tried to migrate from iTunes to MediaMonkey.

I have a library of 314000+ songs. For some reason iTunes says 317000+ files.

Anyway I have not checked each and every album, but they seem to have been converted. When the scrip ran, on my Vista 64 bit, there was some boxes which came up. However the box was TRANSPERRENT. I tried to click at the bottom somewhere to try to hit 'something', I did, but it only resulted in a new TRANSPERRENT box. I had to kill MediaMonkey to make the boxes stop.

I tried to run it a second time, with the same result. However I've skimmed through the library, and it seems like most if not all tracks have been dated.

Can I ask you this: You have made this script to read 'date added' from Itunes and writing it into MediaMonkey. Have you or someone else made a script to read the 'Last Played' from itunes and writing it into MediaMonkey?

Thank you for the script.

Regards Leif.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

What do you mean a transparent box? I've never seen one of those, and this script shouldn't be producing one. What version of MM are you using?

You can easily modify this script to do that by opening the .vbs file in a text editor and replacing line 153...

Code: Select all

Dim dad : dad = fixdate(dat.Item("Date Added"))
...with...

Dim dad : dad = fixdate(dat.Item("Play Date UTC"))
...and line 164...

itm.DateAdded = dad
...with...

itm.LastPlayed = dad
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Leif Andersen

Post by Leif Andersen »

[quote="trixmoto"]What do you mean a transparent box? I've never seen one of those, and this script shouldn't be producing one. What version of MM are you using?

I am new to MediaMonkey, however I use version 3.0.7.1191.

I am on a Vista 64 bit, 4 core AMD processor, 8 GB memory, I have a raid with 2 TB and a song library of 324000+ songs.

The box I get is like the little ones, where there usually is a YES / NO choise at the bottom (or something similar). The outlines of the box is normal. Inside the box there is usually some kind of message and the bottoms at the bottom for YES / NO. But the inside of the Box is just transparrent. You see whatever is 'underneath', even if you move it around.

I tried to change the script as you suggested. However the script has the line:

itm.DateAdded = dad

In two places, the editor I used did not have a line count. Could you tell me if it is the first or the second occourence?

I tried to replace both. However I get the same error as when I run the iDate added script. At one point, when it says about Track ID 466714 and the memory count is about 1,7 GB for MediaMonkey these windows open up (hundreds of them - quite literally), today one of them said 'The creation Error: Not enough Storrage is availabe to process this command.' Until I kill MediaMonkey they just open and open and open .....

There is plenty of room on the harddisk. I have 8 GB of memory and at the time it gives up, there is about 30-40% free.

When I ran the script yesterday it did the same, but afterwards the dates had been added to most of the albums, However today none of the LastPlayed tags had been updated today.

Really appreciate your help - Regards Leif.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Sorry, it will be both of those lines that you need to replace. I'm not sure about these empty boxes, I guess it must be something to do with the size of your XML file but I've never seen anything like this before. I'm going to need to investigate and get back to you.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Leif Andersen

Post by Leif Andersen »

trixmoto wrote:Sorry, it will be both of those lines that you need to replace. I'm not sure about these empty boxes, I guess it must be something to do with the size of your XML file but I've never seen anything like this before. I'm going to need to investigate and get back to you.
HiTrixmo,

Thank you for your replies.

I have triede the iDate script again. It ends with the same hundreds of boxes, however suddenly I can see one of them it said something 'Not Enough Storage is available .....' And it disappreared and I can't remember any more of it.

When I first ran the iDate Script it actually did add the dates from iTunes ... I have now seen it added about 80% of the dates, maybe up until the boxes started appearing.

However I have tried to replace the lines you mentioned. It runs like the original iDate script, and at around the same time some 458000+ it starts with the boxes.

If I just leave the boxes running wild, MediaMonkey stops responding, with a message, that the MediaMonkey library is not responding, shortly after it all closes down.

Is there any buffer sizes or something similar which can be ajusted to accomodate my 324000+ tracks?

Thank you for your help - Regards Leif.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I guess it must be the dictionary object that is hitting it's data limit, I don't think there's much that can be done about that, except splitting your XML file into two separate files and processing them individually.
Leif Andersen

Post by Leif Andersen »

trixmoto wrote:I guess it must be the dictionary object that is hitting it's data limit, I don't think there's much that can be done about that, except splitting your XML file into two separate files and processing them individually.
Hi Trixmo,

Thank you for your help.

I have for a long timed looked for a replacement for iTunes, but the library was back from with in 2004 and I wanted to take my information with me to a new player and your scrips made it possible to try.. I KNOW there are others looking, and playcount and Last Played are to many important information to preserve.

I fired up iTunes, I took a copy of all the libraries, then I made a playlist of songs with no 'Last Played' date and simply deleted them. The resulting iTunes Library.xml I used to run the modified iDate to iLastplayed script on. This worked for all albums with a last played date AFTER 01 January 2006, the ones with a date Before 01 January 2006 did not get added. However for me it got most of the dates. However have you got any idea why the date 01 January 2006?

I have now made a similar list to import iDates, in iTunes I have deleted all m-z and saved the resulting itunes library.xml and afterwards all a-l and saved the resulting itunes library.xml ... The first one is importing in the background now (it takes about 30 hours pr. file :) )

Concerning the many empty boxes turning up, it seems to be a limit in Mediamonkey, it happened once I tried to sort on 'last played' in the big playlist with 324000+ songs, BEFORE it has listed all the songs. Maybe that is a hint.

Regards Leif.

May I suggest you add the last played script underneath iDate script, many will benefit from this the iDate script, many will benefit from thiser the iDate script, many will benefit from this.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I've no idea why anything before January 2006 is not working, the date should be calculated in the same way. I might create a separate script for importing the last played date, or make it optional, so that people can choose what they want importing and what they don't.

Post by Guest »

i got this error, any fix for that please
Error #5 - Microsoft VBScript Runtime Error
Invalid procedure call or argument: "Chr"
File: "C:\Program Files\MediaMonkey\Scripts\iDateAdded.vbs", Line: 226, Column: 10

Error happened during script execution:
Invalid procedure call or argument: "Chr"
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

It's most likely to be a Unicode character outside the range of the "Chr" function. You could try replacing it with "ChrW" and see if this helps.

Post by Guest »

hi,
thanks for your instant response, i don't know where to change that you said "replacing it with "ChrW" "

Post by Guest »

sorry i think i got you, i change Chr to ChrW inside the file iDateadded.vbs, so after that i got no error and everything gone smooth. but i found nothing change, iDate didn't transfer anything (no play list no rating or play count).
is there anything i should do after i run your script?
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

This script only updates the "Date Added" field, nothing else.
kspanks04

Post by kspanks04 »

I'm assuming this script matches songs by "location"? About 2000 songs in my iTunes library have broken links because I let MM organize my files; so I'm wondering if there would be an easy way to manipulate this script to match songs by "title" "artist" and "album"? Or maybe there's any easier way fix my broken files in iTunes without having to manually find each track?
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I'm sorry, I've never used iTunes so I don't know if there are any tools in there to allow you to find broken links, but I know MM does! I guess this script could be rewritten with a fuzzier matching process, but the trouble with this is that you may get multiple results (the same track on multiple albums) and this makes it very difficult to automate the process.