Synchronize genre for new albums to exisiting artists genre?

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

tigers1122

Synchronize genre for new albums to exisiting artists genre?

Post by tigers1122 »

I was wondering if there is a simple script or way that when I add an album from let's say Metallica where I have albums already in the library under "Metal" it will automatically fill in the genre with "Metal"?
tigers1122

Post by tigers1122 »

anyone?
monkey hi fi

Post by monkey hi fi »

only the auto tag from amazon script is possible the one to do that for auto genere tagging.

not sure though since i don't get my tags offline, so you might check it out and see though. 8)

roving cowboy / keith hall /monkey hi fi

8)
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

This is planned for my "Genre Finder" script once I can get the Albums and Artists modes working in MM3.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
tigers1122

Post by tigers1122 »

trixmoto wrote:This is planned for my "Genre Finder" script once I can get the Albums and Artists modes working in MM3.
excellent. thanks!
Bex

Post by Bex »

If you want to find Artists or Album Artists with multiple Genres, check out my Tagging Inconsistencies Script. Link in signature.
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
tigers1122

Post by tigers1122 »

Bex wrote:If you want to find Artists or Album Artists with multiple Genres, check out my Tagging Inconsistencies Script. Link in signature.
perfect thanks!