Easy/fast nested nodes & FilesToEdit hiding (09Nov08)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

spacefish

Post by spacefish »

I just upgraded to 3.0.2.1134 and I'm not sure if that's affecting this script but the hidden nodes I have under Files to Edit don't seem to be refreshing when I add new files to my library. Specifically, my 'To Convert' node which is hidden until files which are NotMP3 are present, is not appearing when I move tracks to a monitored directory. File Monitor is enabled.

I *think* this worked in .1127 without issue but I couldn't say for sure. At least, I don't remember having to shut down MM to see that node when it was populated. It just appeared, perhaps not immediately, but definitely after changing a view or exploring a different node. Now I can't get it to display at all.

Update: I don't know if it was the track change or the fact I was running cue sheets in other folders inside the monitored directory but the node finally appeared. Keep in mind, I didn't physically do anything to any of the flac files nor even glance inside their folders. The mp3s I was splitting were in different subdirectories unrelated to the flac files.
MM Gold 3.0.3.1183 : Vista HP SP1 (x86) : Zen Stone (2GB)
Zekton: An original MM3 skin by Eyal.
Scripts in Use: Add/Remove PlayStat | Auto Album DJ | AutoRateAccurate | Backup
Case & Leading Zero Fixer | Classification & Genre Changer | Clean Scripts.ini | Clear
Field | Custom Report | Discogs Auto-Tag Web Search | Forget Crossfade | Invert
Selection/Select None | Last 100... | Lyricator | Lyrics to Instrumental | MonkeyRok
MusicBrainz Tagger | My Custom Nodes | Now Playing Art Node | Play History & Stats
Right Click for Reports | Right Click for Scripts | Right Click for Web | Stop After Current
WebNodes
sbondi

Post by sbondi »

spacefish wrote:I just upgraded to 3.0.2.1134 and I'm not sure if that's affecting this script but the hidden nodes I have under Files to Edit don't seem to be refreshing when I add new files to my library. Specifically, my 'To Convert' node which is hidden until files which are NotMP3 are present, is not appearing when I move tracks to a monitored directory. File Monitor is enabled.

I *think* this worked in .1127 without issue but I couldn't say for sure. At least, I don't remember having to shut down MM to see that node when it was populated. It just appeared, perhaps not immediately, but definitely after changing a view or exploring a different node. Now I can't get it to display at all.

Update: I don't know if it was the track change or the fact I was running cue sheets in other folders inside the monitored directory but the node finally appeared. Keep in mind, I didn't physically do anything to any of the flac files nor even glance inside their folders. The mp3s I was splitting were in different subdirectories unrelated to the flac files.
I am not exactly following what you are referring to.

1. Please PM me your .INI file.

2. Are you saying that if you exit MM3 and re-enter, the nodes are unhidden and properly reflect everything?

3. Relative to refreshing during the current session, the script offers various options.

4. There is a bug in the current release where it will not refresh a "hideIfEmpty" node in the current session if it does not have a "customCaption" (or "easyCaption"). Is this the case for you?
spacefish

Post by spacefish »

Code: Select all

[To Convert]
icon=SyncTag
sortLike=Artist
easyCaption=BaseCaptionAndTrackCount
hideIfEmpty=1
refresh=1
level=FileType
easyCriteria=NotMP3
parent="Files to Edit"
1. That's the only node I'm concerned about at the moment.

My habit is to add new stuff to E:\Unsorted first so I can convert, tag, and organize. This is a monitored directory. I moved stuff in there this morning which included about 70 flac files. The node did not present itself until either the track in Now Playing changed (it was a dj mix so the track was 2 hours long), or when I was messing about in other subdirectories of E:\Unsorted not related to those where the flac files were kept. I'm not sure of the exact time because I didn't look at MM until shortly after the track changed and it was then I noticed the 'To Convert' node was visible.

2. Yes, as I'd expect though I didn't actually do this during this session.

3 & 4. I have refresh=1 and an easyCaption (which you kindly inserted during one .ini conversion). Is there some way I can speed up or manually affect the refresh process? If it's triggered on track change, for the most part I won't notice a difference but I do have a lot of sets that are just one long track (no tracklisting) so I could potentially not see a refresh for more than an hour.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer | Classification & Genre Changer | Clean Scripts.ini | Clear
Selection/Select None | Last 100... | Lyricator | Lyrics to Instrumental | MonkeyRok
MusicBrainz Tagger | My Custom Nodes | Now Playing Art Node | Play History & Stats
Right Click for Reports | Right Click for Scripts | Right Click for Web | Stop After Current
WebNodes
sbondi

Post by sbondi »

spacefish wrote:

[To Convert]
icon=SyncTag
sortLike=Artist
easyCaption=BaseCaptionAndTrackCount
hideIfEmpty=1
refresh=1
level=FileType
easyCriteria=NotMP3
parent="Files to Edit"
1. That's the only node I'm concerned about at the moment.

My habit is to add new stuff to E:\Unsorted first so I can convert, tag, and organize. This is a monitored directory. I moved stuff in there this morning which included about 70 flac files. The node did not present itself until either the track in Now Playing changed (it was a dj mix so the track was 2 hours long), or when I was messing about in other subdirectories of E:\Unsorted not related to those where the flac files were kept. I'm not sure of the exact time because I didn't look at MM until shortly after the track changed and it was then I noticed the 'To Convert' node was visible.

2. Yes, as I'd expect though I didn't actually do this during this session.

3 & 4. I have refresh=1 and an easyCaption (which you kindly inserted during one .ini conversion). Is there some way I can speed up or manually affect the refresh process? If it's triggered on track change, for the most part I won't notice a difference but I do have a lot of sets that are just one long track (no tracklisting) so I could potentially not see a refresh for more than an hour.
The "refresh" should be immediate, unless you have "refreshCurrentNode=0" and you have the node currently selected, or you have either "refreshWithTracksChanged=0" or "refreshWithTracksConvertedOrRipped=0". Are any of these the case?
spacefish

Post by spacefish »

No, I don't think so. I've PM'ed you my current .ini file so you can tell for sure. Thanks for the help!
WebNodes
sbondi

Post by sbondi »

spacefish wrote:No, I don't think so. I've PM'ed you my current .ini file so you can tell for sure. Thanks for the help!
Everything seems to be in order in your .INI file. Thus, you are set to have everything immediately refresh (Note: the "hideIfEmpty not refreshing without customCaption" bug does not pertain to you as you noted).

I wonder if some other process running in MM3 is inhibiting/delaying the refresh event. Can you tell if the refresh problem also applies if the situation occurs while no track is currently playing?

Also, I would assume the MM3 OnTrackProperties event catches the situation you are referring to, but maybe there is one other event (OnBeforeTracksMove) that the script needs to respond to.

Would it be possible for you to test the situation if I sent you an update to the script to respond to this event?
spacefish

Post by spacefish »

Okay, I can verify that the node does not appear until the track changes.

I started with the player stopped.
I added a flac file to my Unsorted directory. The track appears in Files to Edit > No Rating immediately. To Convert node does not appear.
I press play on the player, no change.
I mess about in Windows Explorer but don't change the flac file in any way. No change in MM. The node does not appear.
Track changes, the node appears.
When the node is visible, the sub-node (filetype) track count updates when I add a new file but the main node count does not until track change.
I then deleted those files and after clicking on the Location > Unsorted node then the To Convert node, To Convert node disappeared.
I then added another flac file and the main node did not appear until track change, this time with NO sub-node.
Track change did not present the sub-node. <-- Something's going on there! Hopefully it's just a quirk relative to this session.
I changed the skin to be sure it wasn't an issue. No change in behavior.

So the issue seems to be related to the node being hidden initially. Apparently, when the track changes, something is sent to the navigation pane which says "update" and then the node appears.
WebNodes
sbondi

Post by sbondi »

spacefish wrote:Okay, I can verify that the node does not appear until the track changes.

I started with the player stopped.
I added a flac file to my Unsorted directory. The track appears in Files to Edit > No Rating immediately. To Convert node does not appear.
I press play on the player, no change.
I mess about in Windows Explorer but don't change the flac file in any way. No change in MM. The node does not appear.
Track changes, the node appears.
When the node is visible, the sub-node (filetype) track count updates when I add a new file but the main node count does not until track change.
I then deleted those files and after clicking on the Location > Unsorted node then the To Convert node, To Convert node disappeared.
I then added another flac file and the main node did not appear until track change, this time with NO sub-node.
Track change did not present the sub-node. <-- Something's going on there! Hopefully it's just a quirk relative to this session.
I changed the skin to be sure it wasn't an issue. No change in behavior.

So the issue seems to be related to the node being hidden initially. Apparently, when the track changes, something is sent to the navigation pane which says "update" and then the node appears.
By your first "Files to Edit" "No Rating" node statement, are you referring to the standard MM3 "Unknown Rating" node or is this a custom node?

Please PM me your whole .INI file. I would like to understand this behavior better. Thanks :D
spacefish

Post by spacefish »

sbondi wrote:By your first "Files to Edit" "No Rating" node statement, are you referring to the standard MM3 "Unknown Rating" node or is this a custom node?
No this is your custom node that came with the original .ini, just renamed. I believe it was [Fix 'Rating'] before.
Please PM me your whole .INI file. I would like to understand this behavior better. Thanks :D
I did. Did you not get it?
WebNodes
sbondi

Post by sbondi »

spacefish wrote:
sbondi wrote:By your first "Files to Edit" "No Rating" node statement, are you referring to the standard MM3 "Unknown Rating" node or is this a custom node?
No this is your custom node that came with the original .ini, just renamed. I believe it was [Fix 'Rating'] before.
I did. Did you not get it?
Duh, I have it :(

1. So, is it correct that the "No Rating" custom node works for you under all cases? And it is just the "To Convert" custom node that is the problem?

2. Furthermore, "No Rating" identifies the track once it is added while "To Convert" only identifies the track once it is changed.

3. You are using the "needs attention" (hideIfEmpty/refresh/BaseCaptionAndTrackCount) functionality with the "levels" functionality. I am assuming there is a bug in my script (these two functionalites do not fully work together) which I am now looking into.

4. Can you remove the "To Convert" hideIfEmpty and let me know how it behaves?

5. Also can you remove the "To Convert" "FileType" level and let me know how it behaves?

sbondi

Even faster!

Post by sbondi »

Check out the new release (referenced in the original post) ... another performance update which processes most NodeCount usage instantaneously!

There are no .INI changes since the last release, so you can install it and use it right off the bat.

Note for [spacefish]: This release is also more robust in terms of the "refresh" logic. Please try it, and let me know if you still have issues with your "To Convert" node.

P.S. Nyn, thanks for your testing :D
sbondi

More multi-value field support ...

Post by sbondi »

Just posted another release (see original post for links) with some bug fixes and powerful optional support if your "AlbumArtist", "Genre", or "Composer" fields contain multiple values separated by semi-colons.

You should add any (or all) of the desired four new options to your .INI [Options] section:

supportMultiValueFieldForAlbumArtist=1
supportMultiValueFieldForArtist=1
supportMultiValueFieldForComposer=1
supportMultiValueFieldForGenre=1

Note: "supportMultiValueFieldForArtist" should at least be turned on (=1), if you were already using the "Artist"/"PrimaryArtist"/"GuestArtist" support in the previous releases.

Thanks to spacefish for her expert input on multi-value field support! :D
spacefish

Post by spacefish »

Wow! A release before work and a release when I get home. Thanks, Steve. Looks awesome. :)

I'll let you know about my conversion node when I've had a chance to test it.
WebNodes
jn

SQL Error

Post by jn »

I'm using the latest (4-Feb-08) version; however I get the following error message:

The INI section for this is

[Zur Bibliothek hinzugefügt...]
icon=Year

[heute]
icon=Year
sortLike=Genre
level=Genre
levelEasyCaption=BaseCaptionAndTrackCount
trackCriteria="((CAST([vb]CDbl(Now)[vb] AS Integer)) - CAST(DateAdded AS Integer) = 0)"
parent="Zur Bibliothek hinzugefügt..."
which basically is from your ini file. There are other sections with similar errors as well.

Any help?

Jörg
nynaevelan

Re: SQL Error

Post by nynaevelan »

jn wrote:I'm using the latest (4-Feb-08) version; however I get the following error message:

The INI section for this is

[Zur Bibliothek hinzugefügt...]
icon=Year

[heute]
icon=Year
sortLike=Genre
level=Genre
levelEasyCaption=BaseCaptionAndTrackCount
trackCriteria="((CAST([vb]CDbl(Now)[vb] AS Integer)) - CAST(DateAdded AS Integer) = 0)"
parent="Zur Bibliothek hinzugefügt..."
which basically is from your ini file. There are other sections with similar errors as well.

Any help?

Jörg
Your code should be:

trackCriteria="((CAST(#VB#CDbl(Now)#VB# AS Integer)) - CAST(DateAdded AS Integer) = 0)" 
Are you using samples from the latest ini, Steve changed the code.

Nyn
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files