Easy/fast nested nodes & FilesToEdit hiding (09Nov08)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

spacefish

Post by spacefish »

Perfect. Thank you. I'll take a look at your updated version. Though I'm not totally brain dead (I have experience coding HTML and CSS), I admit I do feel a little overwhelmed with the scripting. I'll try not to ask too many stupid questions. :)
MM Gold 3.0.3.1183 : Vista HP SP1 (x86) : Zen Stone (2GB)
Zekton: An original MM3 skin by Eyal.
Scripts in Use: Add/Remove PlayStat | Auto Album DJ | AutoRateAccurate | Backup
Case & Leading Zero Fixer | Classification & Genre Changer | Clean Scripts.ini | Clear
Field | Custom Report | Discogs Auto-Tag Web Search | Forget Crossfade | Invert
Selection/Select None | Last 100... | Lyricator | Lyrics to Instrumental | MonkeyRok
MusicBrainz Tagger | My Custom Nodes | Now Playing Art Node | Play History & Stats
Right Click for Reports | Right Click for Scripts | Right Click for Web | Stop After Current
WebNodes
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

spacefish wrote:Perfect. Thank you. I'll take a look at your updated version. Though I'm not totally brain dead (I have experience coding HTML and CSS), I admit I do feel a little overwhelmed with the scripting. I'll try not to ask too many stupid questions. :)
Fear not, Sbondi is very knowledgeable and willing to help you as best he can. I hope you enjoy using this script as much as I do. :P

Nyn
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
spacefish

Post by spacefish »

Thanks, everyone. This script is fun! And it's definitely easier with the easyCriteria. :)

Request for 'Type' support. I'd like to make a To Convert node where the tracks are not mp3. I convert all my flac files to mp3 to save space and to stuff my portable. I'm not a fan of on-the-fly conversion. If that could be added, I'd be extremely jazzed.

Thanks!
Case & Leading Zero Fixer | Classification & Genre Changer | Clean Scripts.ini | Clear
Selection/Select None | Last 100... | Lyricator | Lyrics to Instrumental | MonkeyRok
MusicBrainz Tagger | My Custom Nodes | Now Playing Art Node | Play History & Stats
Right Click for Reports | Right Click for Scripts | Right Click for Web | Stop After Current
WebNodes
sbondi

Post by sbondi »

spacefish wrote:Thanks, everyone. This script is fun! And it's definitely easier with the easyCriteria. :)

Request for 'Type' support. I'd like to make a To Convert node where the tracks are not mp3. I convert all my flac files to mp3 to save space and to stuff my portable. I'm not a fan of on-the-fly conversion. If that could be added, I'd be extremely jazzed.

Thanks!
Most things are supported for single-level nodes ... only a multi-level node requiring that field as a level needs additional support. Do you need to have something like "Date Added \ Type"? Or do you just need a single node filtering on "Type". The "trackCriteria" for this would be:

Code: Select all

trackCriteria="(SongPath NOT GLOB '*.mp3')"
Let me know if that worked for you.

I will add an "easyCriteria" for this ("NotMP3") in the update later today. And I will also add a level for FileType just in case.
spacefish

Post by spacefish »

Oh, that is awesome! What a great script! :)

No, as I envision what I want to add, I just need a single-level node that tells me when I've got flac, ogg, shn files in my library so I can convert them to mp3. So in other words, NOT mp3. The date they went in is not really important since the goal is to convert everything.

Thanks so much for the extra time you're taking to help me out. I really appreciate it.
WebNodes
sbondi

Post by sbondi »

spacefish wrote:Oh, that is awesome! What a great script! :)

No, as I envision what I want to add, I just need a single-level node that tells me when I've got flac, ogg, shn files in my library so I can convert them to mp3. So in other words, NOT mp3. The date they went in is not really important since the goal is to convert everything.

Thanks so much for the extra time you're taking to help me out. I really appreciate it.
You are welcome :)

Since you only need a single node, did you create a node with the trackCriteria in my last post? Did it work for you? It should be good to go.

FYI, I already added it to the script that I will upload later today, so you could create a level with the different file types under separate nodes :)
spacefish

Post by spacefish »

Haha! Yes, it worked great AND I found out I had a lot of tracks where the extension, .mp3, was in CAPS. So it ignored .mp3 and displayed .MP3. I don't know if I care or not. I'll probably change them all to lowercase but I think I'll have to do it by hand.

Thanks!
WebNodes
sbondi

Post by sbondi »

spacefish wrote:Haha! Yes, it worked great AND I found out I had a lot of tracks where the extension, .mp3, was in CAPS. So it ignored .mp3 and displayed .MP3. I don't know if I care or not. I'll probably change them all to lowercase but I think I'll have to do it by hand.

Thanks!
I forgot that GLOB is case-sensitive. You can use LIKE for a non-case sensitive search:

"(SongPath NOT LIKE '%.mp3')"
Also, you can rename them in a Windows command window:

ren *.MP3 *.mp3
spacefish

Post by spacefish »

Thanks so much, you're super! :)
WebNodes
sbondi

New release

Post by sbondi »

Check out the updated version (in the original post link) with support for more levels:

FileType,
Composer, BPM, InvolvedPeople, Custom1/2/3/4/5 (thanks, Nyn!)
dreadlyone

Post by dreadlyone »

nynaevelan wrote:
dreadlyone wrote:nynaevelan, can you post up your "ini" file? I like what you did and want to see how you did it. I understand a little on how to build and customize the ini file, but I think that if I saw yours, I would get a better handle on it.

Thanks in advance.
Sure here is a copy of my .ini file:

Also, here is what my custom Files To Edit Node looks like, I have hidden all the features which I do not use. I use Bex's Tagging Inconsistensies Script for most of my editing needs.

Nyn
Thanks, appreciate it a lot.
sbondi

Yet another release

Post by sbondi »

Based on nyn's great input, I generalized my "levels" support a bit, so that I can easily add support for new levels with little effort. A bunch more levels are now supported with this release
spacefish

Post by spacefish »

Hi Steve,

I just installed the latest .vbs and I get the following upon starting MM:

Everything else seems to be working though.
WebNodes
spacefish

Post by spacefish »

Is there a way I can make a node that will show me tracks from only one directory and its subdirectories? I tried a couple expressions using SongPath but I couldn't make it work properly.

For example, I move all new downloaded files to be edited into E:\Unsorted. Stuff in here is kept in subdirectories by album and the files aren't usually tagged. Your script catches those untagged files perfectly with Set 'Artist', 'Title' etc. Once/if it is tagged though, I don't want to organize them before I review them. If they could all fall under one node, that would be ideal.
WebNodes
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

spacefish wrote:Hi Steve,

I just installed the latest .vbs and I get the following upon starting MM:

Everything else seems to be working though.
The name of the easycriteria field was changed in the latest version change your ini file to WithGuestArtist.

Nyn
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files