Right Click for Scripts -with buttons! (2008-09-07) [MM3]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

drjboulder

Post by drjboulder »

I have also removed this script - same problem.
Just learned (from a post by Vyper in the Lyricator thread) that you can assign Hot keys to activate scripts. Which is fine for me.
D Rock
MediaMonkeyGoldv3.0.3.1183
Vista Home Basic|4thGen 20GPod
Zune Small Player Skin w/ Aqua 4 Player Mod
Backup | Last FM Node | Scrobbler DJ | TopTracks | StayInSameStyleDJ
RadioDJ | RadioFreeMonkey | PrettyPictures | MiniLyricsEmbedder
LyricsViewer | Lyricator | LyricsPlugin | VisualizationEmbedder | MonkeyRok
RightClickForWeb | WebSearchPanels | WebNodes | MagicNodes | FavoritesNodes
NowPlayingArtNode |AutoRateAccurate | TaggingInconsistencies
AdvancedDuplicateFind&Fix | CaseModify | PlayHistory&Stats | Etc...
spacefish

Post by spacefish »

drjboulder wrote:I have also removed this script - same problem.
Just learned (from a post by Vyper in the Lyricator thread) that you can assign Hot keys to activate scripts. Which is fine for me.
Good idea!
MM Gold 3.0.3.1183 : Vista HP SP1 (x86) : Zen Stone (2GB)
Zekton: An original MM3 skin by Eyal.
Scripts in Use: Add/Remove PlayStat | Auto Album DJ | AutoRateAccurate | Backup
Case & Leading Zero Fixer | Classification & Genre Changer | Clean Scripts.ini | Clear
Field | Custom Report | Discogs Auto-Tag Web Search | Forget Crossfade | Invert
Selection/Select None | Last 100... | Lyricator | Lyrics to Instrumental | MonkeyRok
MusicBrainz Tagger | My Custom Nodes | Now Playing Art Node | Play History & Stats
Right Click for Reports | Right Click for Scripts | Right Click for Web | Stop After Current
WebNodes
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

Although the hotkeys is good for a few scripts, I prefer the rigtht-click method so I would REALLY like it if we could get these errors resolved so I can turn my RC4S back on. :cry:

Nyn
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
spacefish

Post by spacefish »

I prefer right-clicking too but the hotkeys definitely help!
MM Gold 3.0.3.1183 : Vista HP SP1 (x86) : Zen Stone (2GB)
Zekton: An original MM3 skin by Eyal.
Scripts in Use: Add/Remove PlayStat | Auto Album DJ | AutoRateAccurate | Backup
Case & Leading Zero Fixer | Classification & Genre Changer | Clean Scripts.ini | Clear
Field | Custom Report | Discogs Auto-Tag Web Search | Forget Crossfade | Invert
Selection/Select None | Last 100... | Lyricator | Lyrics to Instrumental | MonkeyRok
MusicBrainz Tagger | My Custom Nodes | Now Playing Art Node | Play History & Stats
Right Click for Reports | Right Click for Scripts | Right Click for Web | Stop After Current
WebNodes
onenonymous

Post by onenonymous »

I'm sorry it's not working for you all. It does work on my machine (Vista and MM3). I'll keep looking for reasons why it might fail though. :oops:
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

onenonymous wrote:I'm sorry it's not working for you all. It does work on my machine (Vista and MM3). I'll keep looking for reasons why it might fail though. :oops:
I think my problem stems from a conflict or two with other scripts. Even though the updated version will make the necessary changes to the other scripts, for some reason the ones that are changed will not work correctly from RC. I get a few of those violation errors but they are minor compared to the problems with the other scripts. It gets too confusing which ones works with the script and which ones don't. Plus I cannot keep Bex's SQL Viewer installed with RC, so I have to uninstall it then reinstall it when I need it. I really like this script so hopefully you can get it resolved. Let me ask you this, rather than change Script.ScriptPath in the other scripts, can it be changed in yours for them all to play nicely together??

Nyn

onenonymous

Post by onenonymous »

nynaevelan wrote:Let me ask you this, rather than change Script.ScriptPath in the other scripts, can it be changed in yours for them all to play nicely together??
Nyn
I don't think that will work. In my testing, Script.ScriptPath returns the script that started the macro - which is my script. Even if it's in the other scripts when it runs, it returns the RCFS script rather than the other script. My latest mods adjust the other scripts where it finds Script.ScriptPath to hard-code their path - so I don't think that's the problem - but I'm not sure. When I get a chance, I'll post a new version with logging turned on - this way I can get you to send me the log so hopefully I can see where it's breaking.
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

That would be great because I think I have the most scripts which are conflicting, and of course it is scripts which I cannot live without. :cry:

Nyn

onenonymous

Post by onenonymous »

I finally had the "aha" moment that I needed. I think I've got this one figured out. I'll clean up the code, then get this re-posted this weekend. Stay tuned.... :lol:
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

I hope this is a big AHA moment because I am missing this script.

Nyn

onenonymous

Post by onenonymous »

FINALLY.... :D I figured out the problem with previous versions of this script. New installer is available which should fix the problems we've experienced trying to run other scripts off of my right-click menus. The problem was with trying to use ScriptInclude in my script to be able to run the other ones. Variables and Constants in the other scripts were conflicting with each other. Now I avoid all that and everything appears to work well.

The new process is to:
  • 1. Set '.UseScript' for each of the menus I create so that it refers to the other script.
    2. Set '.OnClickFunc' for my new menu item to be "RightClickForScripts_" & the procedure name. (so for SqlViewer.vbs I use ".OnClickFunc = RightClickForScripts_SqlViewer"
    3. The other scripts now need a new procedure in them that is called by mine. I iterate through each script to see if I've already added the code. If I haven't already added the code then...
    4. The other script is copied to a backup with '.bak' extension (just in case)
    5. I add a new procedure to the end of the other script that matches the one I specified above. This procedure calls the procedure in that script specified in the Scripts.ini file. So for SqlViewer.vbs I add a procedure that looks like this:

Code: Select all

'Added by C:\Program Files\MediaMonkey\Scripts\Auto\RightClickForScripts.vbs
    Sub RightClickForScripts_SqlViewer(o)
       SqlViewer
    End Sub
I've tested with various other scripts that previously failed or errored when trying to run and haven't had any problems (MM3 & vista). If you have a script that manually puts a menu item in Tools/Scripts, my script won't get those, as I'm only looking for entries in Scripts.Ini. I'm working on how to get those scripts into my right-click also (but that's proving to be a challenge to do automatically).

Version 1.4 Update April 5, 2008
-Fixed code to now add a snippet to other scripts to allow them to work off the right-click menus.
-Added code to hide the right-click menus if you uninstall from Tools/Extensions...
Download the installer

Good luck and thanks for trying it out! :)

One~
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

One:

I think you found it. 8) I tested all the scripts that were giving me trouble and I have not had a problem yet. I'll keep testing but I'll let you know if I run into any problems. It's good to have RC4S back!! :P

Nyn

onenonymous

Post by onenonymous »

nynaevelan wrote:It's good to have RC4S back!! :P
:lol: :lol: :lol:
sommo

Post by sommo »

Realllllly handy!
Helps out with MM3 alot :D
micstermarvin

Post by micstermarvin »

Thank You! This script is extremely helpful and very cool! Good job.