RightClickForWeb With Tagging[MM3] (v1.60 2008-07-27)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

onenonymous

Re: RightClickForWeb With Tagging[MM3] (v1.60 2008-07-27)

Post by onenonymous »

I don't think there's anything in my script that affects the browser's text size. Do web browsers from other scripts have the same issue? Are you on the latest release version of MM? Also - try a different skin to see if that makes a difference perhaps.
You can change MM text size here: Tools->Options->Skin->Font Size. But I don't think that does anything for the browser.
VALIS666

Post by VALIS666 »

onenonymous wrote:I don't think there's anything in my script that affects the browser's text size. Do web browsers from other scripts have the same issue? Are you on the latest release version of MM? Also - try a different skin to see if that makes a difference perhaps.
You can change MM text size here: Tools->Options->Skin->Font Size. But I don't think that does anything for the browser.
Yeah, I figured there was nothing in your script to change it, but since it uses Internet Explorer, and you can zoom/enlarge in IE, there has to be a way to do the same in MediaMonkey scripts, too. In fact, I know it's possible because I've done it before, I just don't know how I did it.
holterpolter

Post by holterpolter »

Do you think you can easily add a function to the 'nav loc' button to hide the whole navigation bar?
So you don´t waste screen space if it is not necessary but yo bring it to the front if you want to change some information.
onenonymous

Post by onenonymous »

holterpolter wrote:Do you think you can easily add a function to the 'nav loc' button to hide the whole navigation bar?
So you don´t waste screen space if it is not necessary but yo bring it to the front if you want to change some information.
Should be easy enough, I'll work it into an update.
SDJeff

Post by SDJeff »

I like the script except for the problem with using an internal browser (common to just about all programs that use one). I use this script but with the properties set to external browser - then I enter the tag values in manually. I use firefox with ad block plus to filter out the crap on web pages. It would be cool to make this script a toolbar or plug in for firefox.
spacefish

Post by spacefish »

I usually use the external browser option when accessing this script but lately I'm finding it more convenient to do my lookups from within MM. I've tried the internal browser and the dockable panel but one thing I'm missing is the ability to search within the page that comes up. In Firefox, I'd just hit Ctrl-F and type what I'm looking for, but there doesn't seem to be any way to search within the page using this script within MM (using either method). Is this something that can be added or is it a limitation of the program? All Ctrl-F does now is bring up MM's search function which doesn't access the page I'm looking at.

Also, would there be some way to add a button to my toolbar to toggle the dockable panel without having to go to the View menu, Web Lookup menu, or right-click/selecting? This would be handy!

And another question: Is there any way to select a whole album (or multiple tracks) and tag them all at once with genre, for example? If I select an album, the text I want, and then click Genre, it only updates the first track.
MM Gold 3.0.3.1183 : Vista HP SP1 (x86) : Zen Stone (2GB)
Zekton: An original MM3 skin by Eyal.
Scripts in Use: Add/Remove PlayStat | Auto Album DJ | AutoRateAccurate | Backup
Case & Leading Zero Fixer | Classification & Genre Changer | Clean Scripts.ini | Clear
Field | Custom Report | Discogs Auto-Tag Web Search | Forget Crossfade | Invert
Selection/Select None | Last 100... | Lyricator | Lyrics to Instrumental | MonkeyRok
MusicBrainz Tagger | My Custom Nodes | Now Playing Art Node | Play History & Stats
Right Click for Reports | Right Click for Scripts | Right Click for Web | Stop After Current
WebNodes
onenonymous

Post by onenonymous »

spacefish wrote:one thing I'm missing is the ability to search within the page that comes up. In Firefox, I'd just hit Ctrl-F and type what I'm looking for, but there doesn't seem to be any way to search within the page using this script within MM (using either method). Is this something that can be added or is it a limitation of the program?
I think it's a MM limitation. If anyone knows otherwise, please let me know how to implement.
spacefish wrote:Also, would there be some way to add a button to my toolbar to toggle the dockable panel without having to go to the View menu, Web Lookup menu, or right-click/selecting? This would be handy!
what do you want the toggle to do? If it's just show the dockable panel - then ctrl-alt-W will do that.
spacefish wrote:And another question: Is there any way to select a whole album (or multiple tracks) and tag them all at once with genre, for example? If I select an album, the text I want, and then click Genre, it only updates the first track.
this has been asked before, I just haven't gotten around to implementing. I'll add it when I get time to work on it.
spacefish

Post by spacefish »

onenonymous wrote:
spacefish wrote:one thing I'm missing is the ability to search within the page that comes up. In Firefox, I'd just hit Ctrl-F and type what I'm looking for, but there doesn't seem to be any way to search within the page using this script within MM (using either method). Is this something that can be added or is it a limitation of the program?
I think it's a MM limitation. If anyone knows otherwise, please let me know how to implement.
Fair enough and too bad. I like using the panel now but I miss being able to search on the page.
spacefish wrote:Also, would there be some way to add a button to my toolbar to toggle the dockable panel without having to go to the View menu, Web Lookup menu, or right-click/selecting? This would be handy!
what do you want the toggle to do? If it's just show the dockable panel - then ctrl-alt-W will do that.
Oookay. A(n assignable) button would have been nice though. One click over three fingers. ;)
spacefish wrote:And another question: Is there any way to select a whole album (or multiple tracks) and tag them all at once with genre, for example? If I select an album, the text I want, and then click Genre, it only updates the first track.
this has been asked before, I just haven't gotten around to implementing. I'll add it when I get time to work on it.
Cheers!
MM Gold 3.0.3.1183 : Vista HP SP1 (x86) : Zen Stone (2GB)
Zekton: An original MM3 skin by Eyal.
Scripts in Use: Add/Remove PlayStat | Auto Album DJ | AutoRateAccurate | Backup
Case & Leading Zero Fixer | Classification & Genre Changer | Clean Scripts.ini | Clear
Field | Custom Report | Discogs Auto-Tag Web Search | Forget Crossfade | Invert
Selection/Select None | Last 100... | Lyricator | Lyrics to Instrumental | MonkeyRok
MusicBrainz Tagger | My Custom Nodes | Now Playing Art Node | Play History & Stats
Right Click for Reports | Right Click for Scripts | Right Click for Web | Stop After Current
WebNodes
debu

Post by debu »

Is it possible to default to Firefox instead of IE for this script. I'd love to use it but can't if IE is a must. thanks!
onenonymous

Post by onenonymous »

debu wrote:Is it possible to default to Firefox instead of IE for this script. I'd love to use it but can't if IE is a must. thanks!
the built-in web browsers are MM controlled, so I don't think the script can do anything about it. The external browser option is whichever one is your default browser.
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

One:

About a week ago I came up with the brilliant idea to tag my tracks with the original date that they were released. Needless to say I have thousands of tracks to go through and I am starting to get REALLY lazy. Is there any way to set up RC4W to use a keyboard shortcut to go to two different websites? Right now I found two that are giving me reliable results so if I could set up these two without having to go through the menus in right click that would be great. It would even be great if I could setup these two sites on a toolbar. Since you have been great with giving me the right info for the scripts.ini file, I would be eternally greatful AGAIN.

Nyn
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
MM3 monkey

Post by MM3 monkey »

Can I ask what the two sites for reliably-ish getting original release dates are, please, Nyn?
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

I'm using the Google Artist/Title and Discogs Artist nodes to find the dates. With the Google one it doesn't always pick the earliest album but I can usually find it through the searches.

BTW, if anyone knows a more reliable source, please share.

Nyn
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
MM3 monkey

Post by MM3 monkey »

Thanks. I might have to re-load this little beauty.