RightClickForWeb With Tagging[MM3] (v1.60 2008-07-27)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

onenonymous

Post by onenonymous »

@blueNgrey - I don't think I have any control over the title bar. If anyone knows the code to turn it off, I'll be glad to add that as a user configurable option.

@MPG - I haven't had much opportunity to work on the script - been on a business trip. I did get far enough to know that it's posible. I just need to work through the user interface aspects - how to ensure the user doesn't tag multiple songs when all they wanted was one of them.
adamgrim

ignore text inside of () and [] when searching?

Post by adamgrim »

what a great script! thanks onenonymous
I most often use musicbrainz title/artist, very convenient.

Many of my songs have extra text inside of () and [] that is at the end of the song title such as Nothing Else Matters [Live] and Time Is Running Out (Acoustic) and many more, is there a way to implement script into your vbs file that will ignore these characters and anything inside of the () and [] when searching, or preferrably you can choose when to ignore and when to implement them into the search?

i know that das monkey created a script for websearch panels like this
I have a lot of tracks with additional info attached in parentheses or brackets ("live", "alternate cut", "featuring so-and-so", etc.). This extra info keeps the searches from finding good results.

So I made a very primitive modification to this script that is working well for me so far. It essentially trims the title of a track when searching at the first parenthesis or bracket it finds after the first character (don't want to pick up those songs where the first part of the title is in parentheses). I also added special cases to ignore "part" and "vol" -- "Another Brick in the Wall (Part 2)" got erroneously trimmed .

Anyway, it's primitive and could probably be accomplished in 15 better ways, but it only took 5 minutes, and it works, so I'm leaving it. All I did was modify this function. Sharing for anyone who may care:

Code: Select all

Function ReplaceTokens(ByVal URL, ByVal Song) 
        With Song 
              Dim t 
              t = .Title 

Dim p 
              p = InStr(1, t, " (") 
              If p > 0 Then 
                 If InStr(1, t, " (Part") = 0 And InStr(1, t, "(Vol") = 0 Then 
                    t = Mid(t, 1, p - 1) 
                 End If 
              End If 
              p = InStr(1, t, " [") 
              If p > 0 Then 
                 t = Mid(t, 1, p - 1) 
              End If 

URL = Replace(URL, "%artist%",       .ArtistName) 
            URL = Replace(URL, "%title%",        t) 
            URL = Replace(URL, "%album%",        .AlbumName) 
            URL = Replace(URL, "%albumartist%",  .AlbumArtistName) 
        End With 
        ReplaceTokens = URL 
    End Function 
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... cecd1aff66

is this possible?

thanks for dedicating so much time to write such a good script
:wink:
onenonymous

Re: ignore text inside of () and [] when searching?

Post by onenonymous »

adamgrim wrote:what a great script! thanks onenonymous
I most often use musicbrainz title/artist, very convenient.

Many of my songs have extra text inside of () and [] that is at the end of the song title such as Nothing Else Matters [Live] and Time Is Running Out (Acoustic) and many more, is there a way to implement script into your vbs file that will ignore these characters and anything inside of the () and [] when searching, or preferrably you can choose when to ignore and when to implement them into the search?is this possible?

thanks for dedicating so much time to write such a good script
:wink:

thanks for the kind words. Yes, it seems to be possible. I'm on business trips this week and next, so won't be able to do any updates till sometime next month, but I'll add this to my list. In the meantime, you should be able to manually edit the vbs file to add the code you suggested if you wish.
sommo

Re: RightClickForWeb With Tagging[MM3] (v1.55 2008-05-15)

Post by sommo »

I cant download this!
The quickkey you provided for file download was invalid. This is usually caused because the file is no longer stored on Mediafire. This occurs when the file is removed by the originating user or Mediafire.
sommo

Post by sommo »

I would just like to say a thank you onenonymous, for this addon!
This is one of the reasons why I use MediaMonkey!
It is really helpful and I do use it :)
Keep up the good work & Happy coding!
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

One:

Would it be possible to add the Artist Comments to be an updatable field?

Nyn
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
onenonymous

Post by onenonymous »

nynaevelan wrote:Would it be possible to add the Artist Comments to be an updatable field?
Nyn
In theory - sure it's doable. I'll have to look at how though, as I'm working with the Song for my updates, and Artist Comments is not a property of the Song - so it means a fair bit of coding I think. Give me a chance to look into it though.
~One
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

If it's not easily doable, don't worry about it. I have a work around that I would be willing to live with. :wink:

Nyn

onenonymous

Post by onenonymous »

I figured out how to add tagging for Album Comments as well as Artist Comments. I'm working through bug-checking it, and hopefully will be able to post this weekend.
~One
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

That's good to know because this is a process that is going to take some time, so anything that could speed it along would be helpful.

Nyn

onenonymous

Post by onenonymous »

Script is updated

Version 1.6 Update July 27, 2008 Installer for v 1.6
- Added ability to tag Album Comments and Artist Comments
nynaevelan

Re: RightClickForWeb With Tagging[MM3] (v1.60 2008-07-27)

Post by nynaevelan »

One:

I got so distracted working with another script, I forgot to logon and say thank you the update works perfectly. :D

Nyn

raynessly

Post by raynessly »

After contacting support, I learned MM uses Freedb, which doesnt provide the composer's information. What is the best way to find the song composer so I can add it to the "composer" column. (This is always blank after I rip a cd.) Do I use this script or is there an easier way? Can I do an entire album at once? I"m not a classical buff, btw. I listen to rock, pop, folk, jazz, and like to know the song's author. Thanks.
onenonymous

Post by onenonymous »

raynessly wrote:After contacting support, I learned MM uses Freedb, which doesnt provide the composer's information. What is the best way to find the song composer so I can add it to the "composer" column. (This is always blank after I rip a cd.) Do I use this script or is there an easier way? Can I do an entire album at once? I"m not a classical buff, btw. I listen to rock, pop, folk, jazz, and like to know the song's author. Thanks.
My script won't tag multiple songs at the same time - it's been requested, I just haven't had a chance to code that functionality. So for now, if you use my script, you'll have to do them one at a time. You could use RCFW to find the composer then tag all the songs using Properties Panel - but that's a bit of a workaround. I don't know if there's any better way to do this though.
VALIS666

Post by VALIS666 »

I love this script but is there a way to either increase the text size or zoom in overall when using it in a docked window in MM3? I have a large 1920x1200 resolution on my computer, which I run into an HDTV set, and the text and images in the Right Click For Web window are really tiny. Since it uses Internet Explorer I tried the usual "zoom in" commands on the window (Ctrl+ or Crtl+mouse wheel up) and they do nothing.

I know I've managed to zoom in before somehow... but I don't know how. Thanks.